Start by marking “Avoiding Burnout: The Seven Principles of Self-Preservation” as Want to Read:
Avoiding Burnout: The Seven Principles of Self-Preservation

Avoiding Burnout: The Seven Principles of Self-Preservation

K.A. Mann had it all. She was a mother and wife, an ultra-marathon runner and a business owner. But the stress of doing the wrong work in an unpleasant environment landed her with a lifelong autoimmune illness. Without work and income, she took stock of how it happened and how she could have prevented her burnout. Kathy developed the seven principles of self-preservation.

T
ebook
Published August 3rd 2017 by K.A. Mann

To ask other readers questions about Avoiding Burnout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avoiding Burnout

Start your review of Avoiding Burnout: The Seven Principles of Self-Preservation
Caroline Paxton
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author shares valuable insights that will resonate with most working moms. I am inspired by the way in which she turned her life around - from complete Burnout, to living a fulfilling life with a new career that is perfectly suited to her talents and abilities, which also brings her tremendous joy. It gives me hope that I can do the same. Her many practical tips and exercises will also provide guidance, as embark on my quest to find more meaning in my own life.
Peter Flemmer
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kathy cleverly reveals the all-too-familiar unravelling that is often underlying the tapestry of the "perfect life" and shows how ignoring a troubled mind and heart can have disastrous effects upon our physical well-being. We should all heed the warning signs that Kathy, like many of us, ignored. However, this is not merely a well-written account of the unconscious spiral into burnout, as Kathy also leaves us with practical and essential tools to help us identify the signs of burnout and what to ...more
Peter Wolf
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are in family business or an entrepreneur, then you got to read this book. We think we can do it all and nothing can stop us. Kathy has shown that we are not bulletproof and that things can go wrong. Read this book!! you will not be sorry.
Athenea
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading Kathy’s book was like hearing my own story through someone else’s words. So much of what she said resonated with me and has helped me identify that there was a very good possibility that I was heading towards burnout. I’m grateful I took action before it developed into something serious. Thank you Kathy for sharing your story with us.
Amirhossein

• When Nietzsche Wept
  • The Schopenhauer Cure
  • The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
  • Steve Jobs
K. A. Mann is a writer and speaker with a focus on stress and happiness. She wrote her first book, Avoiding Burnout about her personal experience with developing a stress-induced illness and how to avoid it. Her second book, Harnessing Stress covers stress as experienced by other people as well as advice from international experts on how to manage stress and build a happy life.

She now lives a life