Start by marking “Do Disrupt: Change the status quo. Or become it. (Motivational Book, Books about Status Quo)” as Want to Read:

Do Books provide readers with the tools and inspiration to live a fulfilled and engaged life. Whether it's mastering a new skill, cultivating a positive mindset, or finding inspiration for a new project, these books dispense expert wisdom on subjects related to personal growth, business, and slow living. Written by the movers, shakers, and change makers who have participat ...more
Published May 15th 2018 by Chronicle Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Do Disrupt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Disrupt

Start your review of Do Disrupt: Change the status quo. Or become it. (Motivational Book, Books about Status Quo)
Pp D
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book!
You could use this for some quick training and in under 3 hours you can go from nowhere to an idea with a business plan (and the idea will be good) the book helps you to get your idea right and a nice plan to execute step by step.
Steve
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On the surface this Is a book about business, but its message is relevant to other changes as well. It opens by explaining why “Disruptive” is over used, and what it really means and continues with motivating ideas, prompts and exercises.

This short book -- which the author encourages you to write in to complete the exercises-- would be useful for someone thing of doing something entrepreneurial ,either on their own or in the context of an organization they are a part of. Change agents of all so
sarah semark
Meh.

Maybe I was expecting more of this? I came to it hoping for, I suppose, more a book on innovation, and what I got was a how-to-start-a-business-101 instead. It's probably good for that, but it really wasn't what I felt I'd signed up for, so I was pretty disappointed.
Peter Van
I expected a short but powerful book on Disrupt but it was very disappointing. Fun to read, but totally beside the disruptive topic.
Amazon Sucks
I don't want to be tough on Shayler. He's a nice guy. He has not produced, however, a nice book. “Do Disrupt” is a book I approached with enormous expectation, something that would expand my disruptiveness or at least validate it. It has nothing to do with that.

At 5£, the e-book version takes a lot of punishment from being made digital. It lacks most of the visual goodness of the print edition, and you can't really write your grandiose plans on the screen (kind of).

The bo
Sophie
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do Disrupt is a workbook about disrupting the way in which we do things, challenging us to think differently and to encourage ideas that will change the world (or at least our own.) It's all about thinking big, being innovative, and making a difference. I enjoyed this book more than Do Improvise but not nearly as much as Do Purpose. It's great if you're interested in exercises (involving writing and drawing, not role-playing) to challenge your creativity, encourage you to try something new, and develop existing ideas.
Natalie Roberts
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by a friend after discussing my future career plans and am incredibly grateful that I've read it.

Upon flicking through the book it may seem a little basic, as though no valuable information could be gathered, as the book is filled with pages for you to doodle your ideas. Don't be put off by this as that format is perfect for the intention of this book; to help you figure out what you want to do.

I found this book immensely helpful in cementing my future plans an
io
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Books that give readers advice often come across as condescending, sometimes even bland and boring. Not this one! It's full of nuggets of information that encourage you to think differently and creatively.

It's very interactive so you can really focus on the issues discussed, apply them to your life and get involved.
All in all a fun and informative read.
Álvaro Andoin
Te ayuda a pensar-visualizar tu proyecto si aún no tienes claro tu propósito, ni tu idea de negocio, ni tu producto/servicio, ni tus clientes, ni tu mercado pero quieres hacer un ejercicio antes de lanzarte.
Aron
An inspiring little book, worth reading when in need of a little motivation. Lighthearted and humorous throughout, the reader participation in particular is a nice touch.
Louise
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Was expecting a book that was similar to the way Do Story or Do Purpose were written, i.e. with more content than excercises
Rik Barwick
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your ordinary business self-help book! Really hands on and simply analyses your ideas and business goals!
Henrik Berggren
Good little guide on getting started with a new idea/company/project. Will definitely re-read and dive into the interactive parts.
Shatha Alemadi
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a fun, light read sorta of a book.
Paul Ferguson
Some simple steps to start an idea with focus.
Pencil required.
Jason Ruggiero
Aug 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Do/ Story/: How to Tell Your Story So the World Listens
  • Fort Freak (Wild Cards, #21)
  • Funny!: Twenty-Five Years in the Pixar Story Room
  • Do Design: Why beauty is key to everything (Do Books Book 13)
  • Everything I Found on the Beach
  • The Dig
  • The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of North America
  • Train Dreams
  • A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy
Mark Shayler has been disrupting businesses for 22 years. He works on innovation, strategy and eco-design and has saved his clients over £100 million through smarter thinking and design, doing things better and doing better things.

He has worked with leading brands such as Coca Cola, Samsung, Proctor and Gamble, Innocent, and has improved the design of hundreds of products from pasties to houses.