Start by marking “Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, Vol. 1

Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, Vol. 1

(Niehime to Kemono no Ou #1)

A young girl has resigned herself to being he next sacrificial meal for the Beast King...but the king is no mere monster! Love is more than skin-deep in this gorgeous fantasy manga.
Published May 22nd 2018 by Yen Press (first published May 20th 2016)

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, Vol. 1

Start your review of Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, Vol. 1
Mir
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fairy-tale, graphic
Interesting start to a story. This is a beauty-and-the-beast type tale, but one that involves a lot of political elements and has higher stakes, in that there are consequences not just for the two protagonists but for the kingdom and inhabitants.
Wardah
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how pure both of them 😭

Until latest volume, I love their story. But I hope they can manage to do more than show their true love to convince all the beasts. Because maybe, I'll get bored like similar manga.
Abi
I bought this a couple of weeks ago, and finally had time to read it. It was even better than I thought it would be! The art is gorgeous, the story intriguing, and the characters adorable! The ship is real. :) I can't wait to see what happens in the next volume, as this one ended on a rather interesting note. The extra at the end of the volume was adorable, by the way! I'm really happy I picked this book up, and would definitely recommend it to fans of manga, fantasy, and romance! 5 stars.
Doc
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is rated Teen and although it doesn't have much in the way of combat so far there is some fighting and even bleeding. There is also some concepts such as Concubines and a moment when tit seems the King of Beasts pushes the sacrificial princess to the bed and moves over her as they talk but nothing to mature happen as she eventually leaves for a bit.

The sacrificial princess in question is named Sariphi or Sari for short. She was basically raised to be a sacrifice to the King of Beasts s
Stacie
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The artwork was so cute! All the little background creatures were fun to look at and made the atmosphere feel whimsical. The story itself was very sweet. Basically, it's a Beauty and the Beast retelling featuring an unlikely friendship that may or may not turn into more. I'm always a sucker for these types of retellings, so I'm not surprised that I liked this one as much as I did. Would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a quick read or something with cute fantasy artwork.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Never heard of this series. Interesting start. Story kind of reminds me of Ancient Magus's Bride. Art was good.
Miku
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"To be a source of energy for the king whose powerful fangs and razor-sharp claws would terrify any creature, THAT IS MY DESTINY"

Once upon a time, there was a country at the ends of a world that must not be named, where poison hangs in the air, where humans were never allowed to enter, and in that country of grotesque monsters that presided over humans, there was a fierce king who commanded those hellish creatures

This manga has a beautiful art and lovable-cute-characters. The relationship of Sal
Janday
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
The character designs are fantastic and the world building great, but this book is sooooo weird. As much as I try, I just can't get into Stockholm Syndrome romances.
S.Q. Eries
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rachel
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts may have drawn inspiration from fairytales like Beauty and the Beast, however, it easily distinguishes and distances itself with its sweet tale. The story is set in a world divided in two, a land of beasts, and a land of humans. Both sides are mistrustful of the other because of their perceived differences, and have often found themselves at war with one another. In an attempt to stop this, humans send a young girl as sacrifice to the King of Beasts. T ...more
Jenny
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Another series I started while house-sitting, this series shows a lot of promise. The story balances its dark themes with funny banter and humor, something I have a lot of respect for. I absolutely adore the Beast King, Leonhart. He is so courageous yet kind, but not a pushover. He's not afraid to bare his teeth if he has to but you can tell he's a big softy on the inside. I had mixed feelings about Sariphi in the beginning, mostly because I was afraid she was going to become this unbearably swe ...more
Elise Dawson
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was recommended this series by a dear friend, one who was aware of my captivating love for Beauty and the Beast. Her recommendation has not left me disappointed in the slightest. I originally sought out and bought 7 volumes so I will be reading those one another another.

The first volume has done a remarkable job introducing the world, important characters and plot devices. I’m interested in learning more about both our main characters, interested to see how their relationship will continue to
Boots
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
another Beauty & the Beast manga in which a little girl is sacrificed to a monster king who, it turns out, doesn't eat his sacrifices. having nowhere else to go, the girl consents to becoming his consort instead, to the ire of the kingdom.

both simple and simplistic; not enough meat with these potatoes to pursue the second volume, and full of the typical problematic dynamics of insufficient character development.
Groovy
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
mm, this one's a bit of a guilty pleasure -- this is all stuff I've both seen and participated in, online roleplay-wise. So, honestly, it's a little cheesy and overdone for me, purely based on those experiences. But if I came across volume 2, I'd still pick it up and read it, if only for the beautiful art.
Samantha
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very cute start of a series. The relationship between the two protagonists was a little confusing at some points, but I think that is more so my interpretive faults. Beautiful art style and even though the story played out exactly as you think it will, it was enjoyable.
Nothing too memorable but I definitely am looking forward to reading more!
Kaitlin
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hard-copy, manga
A simple enough beauty and the beast story. It didn't really offer all that much different from other manga/beast romances but it's engaging enough that I'm looking forward to reading volume II next month.
Cassandra
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The illustrations are adorable (I especially love chibi Leo), and the story takes some interesting turns. You might see some of those turns a mile away, but they are still fun to read through, and Saraphi always manages to be (sometimes exhaustingly) kindhearted.
David Doel
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I read this to decide whether to get other volumes of the series. The answer is not completely clear. This manga is a love story with humor; I'll probably scan further volumes when I get a chance and make a decision based on the scan. This volume 1 deserves more than 3 stars, but not 4.
Cassie
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly this is good, i started reading it out of curiosity but the story sucked me right in, nit shure who i coukd recommend it to tho
Rebecca
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beauty and the Beast fans, you ought to read this. It's a really nice retelling of the fairy tale with a more fantasy twist. Also, Leonhart's tail is amazing.
Martina Fuchs
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shoujo
Cute.
Plus, I'm a sucker for this type of romance with "magical/supernatural being x human".
DJL
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite the different take on "Beauty and the Beast" but I did enjoy it. That cliff-hanger ending though... geez. Eagerly awaiting volume 2's release this year.
Taylor Schultz
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast but with rude dog chancellors who hate the human.
Marlana
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this and have reread it many times.

Definitely a highly recommend manga for those that love romance and fantasy settings.
Dominique
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
If you like Beauty and the Beast, you will like this manga series
Cassie Burris
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very cute take on Beauty and the beast. I am interested to see where this goes.
Aubrey E.
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story though somewhat predictable
Nicole Westen
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kind of like Beauty and the Beast, except the Beast isn't really cursed and he actually rules an entire kingdom of Beastfolk. Which is cool to see from an artistic point of view.
Amanda Allen
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good and cute!!
Sydney
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this manga at my friends house since she loved it, I also really liked it. It wasn't perfect but it was a very cute story and a lot of cool looking creatures. It was a decent fantasy manga, and if you enjoy The Ancient Magus Bride I would suggest giving this one a look.

• 魔法使いの嫁 11 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 11] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #11)
  • 高嶺と花 4 [Takane to Hana 4] (Takane & Hana, #4)
  • Everlasting Love Vol. 1
  • 高嶺と花 5 [Takane to Hana 5] (Takane & Hana, #5)
  • かくりよの宿飯 あやかしお宿に嫁入りします。 1 [Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: Ayakashi Oyado ni Yomeiri shimasu. 1] (Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits #1)
  • 高嶺と花 1 (Takane to Hana #1)
  • 高嶺と花 3 (Takane to Hana #3)
  • 高嶺と花 2 (Takane to Hana #2)
  • Takane & Hana, Tome 9 (Takane & Hana, #9)
  • かくりよの宿飯 あやかしお宿に嫁入りします。 2 [Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: Ayakashi Oyado ni Yomeiri shimasu. 2] (Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits, #2)
  • 高嶺と花 7 [Takane to Hana 7] (Takane & Hana, #7)
  • Takane & Hana, Tome 8 (Takane & Hana, #8)
  • 水神の生贄 6 [Suijin no Hanayome 6] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #6)
  • かくりよの宿飯 あやかしお宿に嫁入りします。 3 [Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: Ayakashi Oyado ni Yomeiri shimasu. 3] (Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits, #3)
  • 水神の生贄 2 [Suijin no Hanayome 2] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #2)
  • 高嶺と花 6 [Takane to Hana 6] (Takane & Hana, #6)
  • 魔法使いの嫁 10 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 10] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #10)
  • 水神の生贄 7 [Suijin no Hanayome 7] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #7)

Niehime to Kemono no Ou (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 2 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 2] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #2)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 3 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 3] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #3)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 4 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 4] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #4)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 5 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 5] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #5)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 6 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 6] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #6)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 7 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 7] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #7)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 8 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 8] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #8)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 9 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 9] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #9)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 10 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 10] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #10)
  • 贄姫と獣の王 11 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 11] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #11)

News & Interviews