Start by marking “The Trouble with Love (Distinguished Rogues, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Love (Distinguished Rogues, #8)

The Trouble with Love

(Distinguished Rogues #8)

Keeping a promise has never been harder!

Whitney Crewe has a dream for her life, and it does not include a properly boring marriage or remaining in England. Passionate by nature, she's headed for an adventure abroad but has been temporarily lured into the countryside to paint an important family portrait. Unfortunately, a friend is set to marry the family's nearest neighbor
Published November 7th 2017 by Heather Boyd

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Love

Start your review of The Trouble with Love (Distinguished Rogues, #8)
Dianne
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Not sure the London Ton could fan fast enough or breathe the smelling salts deep enough for the likes of Whitney Crewe, a woman decades before her time! Independent, wealthy and talented, this free spirit will not be chained to the expected dull marriage. She wants to live a little first and settle down on her own terms, with the kind of man who can set her soul on fire, accept her as she is and feel the joy of love and life the way she does.

Lord Acton isn’t getting any young
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Trouble with Love by Heather Boyd is book 8 in the "Distinguished Rogues" series. This is the story of Whitney Crewe and Everett Dean the Earl of Acton.
Everett has settled on the ideal that it is time to marry and goes ahead and signs wedding contracts before meeting his future bride, Alice Quartermane. Everett knows she is young and hasn't come out yet and also that she does have the red hair that he used to love on his women. The night before he goes forward to propose to Alice he goes to
eyes.2c
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
'Redheads were his weakness'

There's something about Whitney Crewe aka Trouble that makes you want to look twice, to draw breath in her company, wild carefree and caring, with her own strongly adhered to set of morals which somewhat differs to the rest of polite society's.
Where Trouble goes, fun and laughter follows.
And that's how the about to be engaged, Lord Acton first sees her, at a notorious bachelor and spinster frolic, leading a dance dressed as a gypsy. The fact that she had red
Isha Coleman
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Love was never meant to be easy, but Ms. Boyd sure knows how to make it entertaining. Beyond the scandal, beneath the secrets and above all else are characters not unlike you and I. People searching for a place to belong in this world. The Trouble With Love blends fanciful with emotional and begets exceptional. If nothing else, Whitney and Acton prove that life has a sense of humor and sometimes the heart is the last to know, what the head has already discovered.
JG
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Trouble with Love can be considered enemies to friends to lovers romance but then again there is the scandalous first meeting between our main characters that don't really fit that trope somewhat. Both Whitney and Everett have moved in the same circles for years but their first meeting and subsequent events involving their friends have put a stop into them developing into something more. Not to mention Everett's engagement to another woman. But fate seems to have other ideas and as they both ...more
Crystal
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Heather Boyd is one of my very very favorite authors. This talented lady can write a historical romance like no other. When I pick up one of her books I know I'm in for a good story with characters that I bond with quickly and become new friends.

The Trouble with Love is a shining example of Ms. Boyd's incredible talent and an excellent read. I could not put this book down once I started reading. I was engrossed from the very first page all the way to the end.

Whitney Crewe is a strong independe
Andrea
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
This was not my favorite book of the series. It spent a lot of time talking about couples from previous books that didn't really add to the story. And I didn't fall for the characters the same way I had in previous books. This book was a lot less sexually charged than the previous book as well. Perhaps that was Heathers choice to provide some balance to the series.

Either way, I love the series as a whole and am excited to start the next book.
Darchelle
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another Great Installment!

I enjoyed reading Everett and Whitney's journey to love. My first thought when I learned of their pairing was "no way". But with Heather Boyd's great gift of story telling, all my doubts were quashed as I fell in love with the couple and rooted them on. So happy one of the antagonists from a previous book finally met her demise. Great story and hope the broken hearted Duke of Exeter finds a love match soon.
Wendy Tavenner
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and the series! Whitney is a free spirited woman at a bachelors ball when she meets Everette. When she learns of him meeting his potential bride the next day she is put off and leaves with a piece of his clothing. When she sees him months later at a friends house party he is indeed engaged to a woman he does not love. They grow close as friends. A great read with sadness, love and adventure. Trouble finally meets her match!
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

“The Trouble with Love” is a great read. Ms. Boyd takes the formulaic regency romance trope and makes it her own with a vivid and talented leading-lady who knows her heart and is not afraid to follow it.

Read full review in the 2018 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Mnms
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last couple of stories I found somewhat disappointing, but this one reminded me why I keep buying her books. It's a really sweet and engaging story with good story development and appealing characters ...more
Elaine
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting story. An enjoyable read. 4☆
Donna Foster
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Wild!

I can't say I love this book. It was good,I think I might have like it better if I had read the other books.
Queen Talk Talk
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love can't be hoped for.

This is not a stand-alone book. Love strikes where it will. Both characters have featured in previous books. I liked it.
Heidi Meaton
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, she's done it again. Fabulous!

If you only ever read one regency romance author make it Heather Boyd. You won't be disappointed. This series of books is just brilliant.
Timmeka Edwards
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
TROUBLE

really cute story ending kinda repetitive but a sweet romance about how fate can sometimes be advantageous to love
And those who need it
Amy Alvis
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Whitney and Everett's story. Everett is determined to marry well and has his bride already picked out, but he can't fight his attraction for Whitney. Whitney is determined to stay single so she can have the adventure she's always wanted. But she also can't seem to get Everett out of her head.

Since Everett is already engaged when he mets up with Whitney again, all kinds of antics and heartache ensue. Add that to the fact that there is other history between Everett and the Rogues,
Ptgal
May 16, 2020
GirlOffFire
Dec 11, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• My Last Duchess (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #0.5)
  • Truly Beloved (True Gentlemen #11)
  • The Redemption of a Rogue (The Duke's By-Blows, #4)
  • Her Wicked Marquess (Sinful Wallflowers, #2)
  • My Kind of Earl (Mating Habits of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)
  • Never Play with a Rakish Duke: A Historical Regency Romance Book
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • Tamed & Unleashed: The Highlander's Vivacious Wife (Love's Second Chance: Highland Tales #1)
  • The Last Offer (The Dunne Family, #1)
  • A Counterfeit Courtesan (The Shelley Sisters Book 3)
  • The Iron Earl (Valor of Vinehill, #1)
  • Lady Wallflower (Notorious Ladies of London, #2)
  • Heiress Without a Cause (Muses of Mayfair, #1)
  • The Wolf Duke (Valor of Vinehill, #2)
  • Silenced by a Spell (A Lacey Doyle Cozy Mystery #7)
  • A December with a Duke (Seductive Scoundrels #3)
  • The Bluestocking (Wicked Wallflowers, #4)
USA Today Bestselling Author Heather Boyd believes every character she creates deserves their own happily-ever-after—no matter how much trouble she puts them through. With that goal in mind, she writes steamy romances that skirt the boundaries of propriety to keep readers enthralled until the wee hours of the morning. Heather has published over 40 regency romance novels and shorter works full of d ...more

Distinguished Rogues (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Chills (Distinguished Rogues, #1)
  • Broken (Distinguished Rogues, #2)
  • Charity (Distinguished Rogues, #3)
  • An Accidental Affair (Distinguished Rogues, #4)
  • Keepsake (Distinguished Rogues, #5)
  • An Improper Proposal (Distinguished Rogues, #6)
  • Reason to Wed (Distinguished Rogues, #7)
  • Married by Moonlight (Distinguished Rogues, #9)
  • Lord of Sin (Distinguished Rogues Book 10)
  • The Duke's Heart (Distinguished Rogues Book 11)