Start by marking “Scorched (Feverish, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scorched (Feverish, #2)

Scorched

(Feverish #2)

When you play with the Devil, you’re going to get burned.

When Sam Archer, bad boy rock star, decides to move out of the city and do some soul searching, the last thing he expects to find is his new neighbor Gracelyn Ward. She’s everything he’s not—19 years old, religious, and an obedient child—but he finds himself falling for her anyway.

Gracelyn Ward has always had a crus
Published September 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Scorched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorched

Jade C. Jamison
Aug 14, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hello, my friends! This is my newest book and will be out in late September. I can't wait for you to read it! If you'd like, you can help me spread the word that it's coming by adding it to your to-read shelf. Thank you!
E-Reader Addict
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This book started out good…

Sam is the frontman for a heavy metal band. He has a long-time girlfriend, but lately things between them haven’t been good, and the rockstar lifestyle is starting to wear thin. When Sam and his girlfriend break up, he takes it hard and decides a change of scenery is needed to get him over the heartbreak. So he buys a house two hours south of Denver, in a small town, away from everything.

As luck would have it, Sam’s new next door neighbor, Gracelyn, is a huge fan of hi
LaDonna
This one has been a long time coming, but so worth the wait! I fell hard for Last Five Seconds (okay Clay/Jet specifically, but I have always wanted more of him and his band) in Bullet, and on through Feverish and Boiling Point. I honestly don't think there has been a fictional band I have been so curious about, or wanted more of, so badly. That said, I am not sure what I was expecting from frontman Sam, but this definitely was not it - and that is a compliment.

Most of what I remember of Sam/Dev
Doris
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here’s a rock romance that brings together the “evil” and the “righteous” ideas and beliefs. As many of the righteous feel that rock/metal music is evil and there can’t be anything enlightening to be had from listening the music and the musicians behind it. Not only does the Ms. Jamison bring this to light, she then throws the older man, younger woman situation into this story as well. Yes, I believe most of us women who in the “older” category love to hear about the older woman with the younger ...more
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received a copy from the author for an honest review.

Sweet Baby Jesus this book!! I was blown away. I am so used to Jade’s rocker books being so filled with Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll…...you know the rock and roll life style but this book is so not that. Yes, there is some of it in the beginning because we are seeing Sam and
Louise
4.5 stars of wow-ness!!!

It's been a while since I read a 'Jade' book and I'd forgotten how different they feel to many contemporary romance books. And that is different in a good way.

Grace was written so well, and whilst she felt young and naive in some ways, e.g. future career paths and still being in awe (afraid?) of her parents, you could still feel the strength of her character. You could see her determination and how she would mature into a strong and confident woman - in fact I'd love us
Amy
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Being the lead singer of Last Five Seconds, Sam (aka “Devil”) has seen and done it all in the rock ‘n’ roll world. It wasn’t until having his heart broken when he walked in on his ex with another woman that he really learned to live. Really felt the true meaning of a person’s beauty and love.

Grace has had what most people would consider a somewhat sheltered life. She has been raised with strong religious beliefs and high religious morals. She values those beliefs and morals but also has a side o
Joan Neal
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not for me!

First, this is readable, has a complete story. My problem was it was a very juvenile. H is 32, h is 18/19, and other than her fangirling, I could see no reason they would be together. h is very immature, doesn't stand up to her parents about school, her future, or for her relationship with H. The other thing that drive me crazy was all the filler scenes that did nothing to advance the story or convey character's feelings or emotions. When you spend time setting the table, I don't need
SBee Reviews
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars

Jaded rock star finally finds something real

According to Gracelyn Ward’s controlling and over-protective family, their worse nightmare just moved in next door. Sam Archer, Grace’s longtime rockstar idol was all sorts of wrong for their little girl, but it was already written in the stars. Seeing each other secretly was going to blow up in their faces sooner or later, it was just a matter of time when.

The slow-build pacing was just right for the relationship of Sa
Erica
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jade is an author in her own.....I don't know group, genre all of her own! And it is amazing I love her as person and as an author! I have been waiting for this second book for soooo long! Oh my lord Jet or Het he will be in my top book boyfriends forever and ever and ever! I will never get enough of him that is for sure.

Sam is the front man of the band and he is pretty awesome. Grace is Grace sweet, innocent almost however a great kind and you fall for her joy and character in a heart beat.

Th
Line
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story was a sweet surprise.

It’s always intriguing digging into Jade’s world of sexy rockstars, and this time was no different. I loved getting to know “Devil”, and seeing Jet again, as well.

Sam turned out to be a total sweetheart, and I can’t say much more than I loved this character’s heart.
I loved the originality of this story as well, though I was a little skeptical of the huge age difference and the religious aspect.

I do wish that we had had the chance to experience these two love bird
Alexandra Lambrou
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lisa B. Lovely
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grace is a young woman living in a religious home and Sam is the older lead singer of a metal band, let the fireworks begin.I really enjoyed this book a great deal. The characters are well written, the story takes place over an extended period of time (which feels more "real" to me), and the plot was believable. Grace's relationship with her family is clearly important and well defined. There are some unanswered questions at the end of the story but they don't detract from the feel of the book o ...more
Pauline
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was sweet and inspiring

Metal is music I understand,to delve into the mind of a rock God is amazing. We put people into boxes and think we k ow them. This book is a pleasant surprise,it teaches us what we all have been taught but have forgotten. Sounds cheesy but you don't know a book by its cover. This is a five star for me. Can't wait to revisit the guys in the next book. Anxious to see how Clay and Sam make out with their girls.
Keryth Belvin
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book

I am voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book, Scorched by Jade C. Jamison.

I’m somewhat new to reading Jade’s books but after only 3 of her books I am in love with her work. She is an exceptional author. Her books are some I will remember for a very long time. I usually don’t read or like Rock Star Romance but I took a chance and am very glad I did. Count me in for the next one.
Pat
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I normally don't care to read rock star romance novels, however, Jade C. Jamison did a very good job pulling me right into Scorched! This book had a very good storyline and very likeable characters! I felt as I turned each page that I was watching the story unfold between betwwen Grace and Sam and I was totally hooked until the very last page!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Michelle
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc
I really like this opposites attract story about an innocent young woman and a lost rock star trying to find himself. Fate has brought Sam and Gracelyn together when he moved into the house next door. Will a relationship bloom or will her family put a stop to it? A well written entertaining love story. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Cherye Elliott
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scorched

A really sweet read. It is nice when people write about God in their lives even if you are in love with a hard metal rock singer. Makes you realize that you don't have to do a either/or. Your life can be both.
Kimberly Bicknell
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She did it again!

Jade did it again, this book pulls you in. I couldn't put it down, I had to know how it ended. Thank you Jade for another great book!
Stacy
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Jade’s rock star books. i found myself wishing this one would have gone on longer. Wanted to see how things developed longer. Look forward to the next one.
C bond
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
really liked this book, solid story. great chemistry
Taylor Freeman
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Kali McQuillen
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
3.5* Dec. 2017
Jackie
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sam is a bad boy rock star, until he meets Gwendolyn. Things start to change for him. Enjoyable read. Received an ARC from a first time author for me. Ready for the next.
Liz
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book, from the author, in exchange for an honest review. This book absolutely blew me away! I love a rock star romance, I love a Jade C Jamison book and I certainly wasn't disappointed on either count.

A sheltered 19 year old girl and an older rock star moving next door was enough to hook me in. I loved the way that Jade made this story a slow burn, really taking the time to build the characters and give the reader chance to get to know their situations properly. The cha
L Morales
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters and the storyline. Another amazing book written by Jade C. Jamison. I can't wait to read the next book. I received an advance readers copy of this book.
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
I enjoyed reading this taboo story although, I am not sure why it would be one. There is a big age difference (he is over 30 and she is 19) between Sam Archer and Gracelyn Ward. But, she is over 18 the age of consent.

Grace’s parents are horrified when they find out that Grace and Sam are in a relationship and give her an ultimatum to leave Sam. I will let you read the book to see if they followed that ultimatum.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. I give Scorched 4 Feveri
Shari Tomlinson
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Bullet series. Then Jet sneaks in there. I thought oh boy now that's a panty melting bad boy for sure and couldn't wait for his own story. Then here comes Sam aka Devil. Oh holy mother this guy came out of nowhere.
Now I'm honestly not a big fan of certain subject matters , let's
call it "age difference", but Jade wrote this beautifully. I love all her books, and this love story to me was by far the best. Highly recommended read!
Carol
Oct 04, 2017
Lisa Marie Sloan
Oct 19, 2017
“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” While you’re more likely to see Jade headbanging instead of Dirty Dancing, she—like Baby—won’t be put in a corner…or a box. So even though you can’t really stick her books in one genre, you could say she mostly writes steamy Contemporary Romance—and, while you’re at it, you’ll notice in her stories that Jade freaking loves Colorado, hard music, coffee, bad words, an ...more

Feverish (2 books)
  • Feverish (Bullet, #3; Feverish, #1)