Start by marking “Faith of Our Fathers” as Want to Read:
Faith of Our Fathers

Faith of Our Fathers

It's not whether you have a creed or not, just which. "No creed but Christ." This claim tries to remove the mess of doctrinal controversy. After all, doesn't everyone know that "doctrine divides"? But would avoiding creeds and confessions really clear away confusion? What do you believe about Jesus? Was he really God? The answers to these important questions make a creed, ...more
Published June 11th 2013 by Canon Press (first published March 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Faith of Our Fathers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith of Our Fathers

Start your review of Faith of Our Fathers
Amanda
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed by this book. Some parts of it were filled with great information, some parts were very elementary in comparison and uninspiring to trudge through. It seemed like the author couldn't decide if they wanted to write a beginners or advanced presentation on the Nicene creed.
Glen
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Not what I expected. It was an odd mash of academic level material followed by pastoral teaching. Many of the points were redundant. Wish the author would have written for one target audience. Probably would have improved the book in the end.
Allen Jr.
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very accessible exploration of the Christian faith as presented in the Nicene Creed. Going mostly topic-by-topic, with a helpful chapter on historical background and study questions, this is an excellent tool to use in a church or home Bible study. It does not include a plethora of Scripture references, and the author relies heavily on quoting a few select authors, so for the academic this resource will feel a bit lacking--but there are other books that tend toward that direction (The Belief o ...more
Shep
Mar 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
My church's Men's Bible Study has been going through this book and it has been truly beneficial and helpful. The advantage of the book is that it is short, easy-to-read, and concise - this is also perhaps the disadvantage of the book, as it deals with some very weighty issues. As an overview, however, it is immensely helpful.
Peter Jones
Jul 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
A good introduction to the Nicene Creed. I especially appreciated his emphasis that the various parts of the Creed should lead to worship and praise.
Jess B
Apr 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: theology
This book managed to sound both angry and condescending. It is also poorly written (it often has awkward sentence structure and punctuation errors). I didn't make it past the introduction.
Josh
Feb 07, 2013
Daniel
Apr 06, 2013

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...