Start by marking “Girl Behind The Veil (Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Girl Behind The Veil (Book 1)

Girl Behind The Veil (Book 1)

4.84  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
His assignment is simple.
Buy the girl and get out.

Going undercover to catch the bad guys is nothing unusual for the American soldier, Kaden Reid.
But this time, it isn't the bad guys he is after.
This time, he has to save the mysterious, gray-eyed girl behind the veil.

While visiting her father in Pakistan, Salena is suddenly kidnapped.
Three weeks in captivity.
Three weeks of
Published October 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Girl Behind The Veil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Behind The Veil

Kathryn Dee
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Girl behind the Veil - Jalpa Wiliby

I received this book for an honest and unbiased review.

Jalpa Wiliby delivers an extraordinary tale of a young woman’s survival and subsequent rescue from human traffickers by a heroic US soldier. Their extraordinary circumstances deliver them into each other’s arms and straight into our hearts.

Powerfully written with an incredible authenticity, touching on a very topical subject of human trafficking, but allowing the reader to feel every emotion, every spine
Deb Dassie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Williby has done it again! She made me laugh, she made me cry, she made me angry at the injustices of our world, but ultimately, she made me fall in love again.
Girl Behind the Veil is a love story between Salena and Kaden. Kaden a US soldier and Salena is the daughter of a political activist in Pakistan. Our heroine, survives enormous hardships but continues to move forward when many would have quit. This book addresses human trafficking, post-traumatic stress disorder and the struggles Mid
Amanda Walker
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to review what I just read. If you have read Jalpa's previous works then you know she has a certain style and a certain feel that resonates into each book. You can tell how much research she does with her books and how much time she spends creating the perfect story.

Girl Behind The Veil, is no different. No I may be a bit partial since I have read and loved each book she has written... but this one was absolutely AMAZING. Now I won't tell you what the book was about, that
Beth
This is the first time I have read anything by this author and it won’t be my last! All I can say is wow! This story made me laugh, made me cry and made me want to scream!

The book is written so well interweaving Salena’s culture, her father is from Pakistan and her mother was British. Salena lost her mother when she was young so due to the nature of her father’s career she continued to live in England and attended boarding school after her mother died. Her father had death threats against him b
Gwen Sargeant
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has really touched my heart. It deals in human trafficking of a sexual nature. It goes on world wide and I have found that it can be found within any town, any state or even your local neighbourhood. It is heartbreaking to know it is happening. This is a story that a young girl, named Salena is kidnapped for three weeks and is rescued but the story concentrates on her life afterwards on how she is dealing with her life since. It is very emotional and heartbreaking. You will feel every ...more
Ashley Westphall-carr
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm no stranger to Ms. Williby's work but she goes above and beyond with this debut in the series. It's an extraordinary tale of Salena surviving capture by human traffickers in Pakistan. Kaden Reid is assigned to rescue Salena, but when he looks into her eyes he's a goner. They part when he gets her to safety not knowing if they ever are going to see each other again. Years later Fate brings them together again. Will they be able to overcome cultural differences and their own inner barriers?

M
Dawn Massie
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING! I love that it tackles the issue of human trafficking. Selena is an amazing and super strong women! It made me laugh, but sad at some parts as well. Selena stole my heart with all that she went through and her ability to let it out. BRAVO Jalpa, well done! Side note, I was given an ARC for an honest review.
Jennifer Richey
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was emotional read and amazing one so much deep material but wow amazing one! Can’t wait for the next one!
Heather Miller
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did receive a free ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have read other books by Jalpa and love all of her books.

Salena is visiting her father in Pakistan and is suddenly kidnapped. The kidnappers don't know who her father is. If they did know things for her could have gotten a whole lot worse.

An American soldier, Kaden Reid is contracted to go in and bring Salena out to safety.

By the time Kaden has found Salena, she has been in captivity for three weeks. Three weeks of t
Anna
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! This is a story that will warm your heart and stay with you. I love that the author added so much culture to this book. It was unique, memorable, and so interesting! Also, I really love the characters, especially Salena. Salena is a victim of human trafficking, but she is so strong and I love strong female characters. I felt so many emotions while reading this book. It's a romance, but there is some suspense/action to it also. It kept me on my toes!

Note: I did receive an advance

Readers Favorite Winner

*Award winning author: Gold Medal for Chaysing Dreams and Chaysing Memories for Readers' Favorite International Book Award Contest
*Five Star Seal from Readers' Favorite
*IBD Award (Indie Book of the Day)
*Excellence in Authorship Award (Authors' Cave)
*Finalist for Readers' Favorite International Book Awards in Romance/Suspense, General/Romance, Fiction/Chick Lit, Fiction/Military
Jalpa Williby was b
More about Jalpa Williby...