Start by marking “Far From Falling: Summer at Falling Pines Lake” as Want to Read:
Far From Falling: Summer at Falling Pines Lake

Far From Falling: Summer at Falling Pines Lake

PAIGE HAYES believes everything always works out for the best. But when her best friend, Luke, takes his dream job hundreds of miles away, she's forced to face a painful truth. Luke is moving on to chase his dreams...and none of them include her.

LUKE WATERMAN, a top athletic trainer, jumps at an offer to work at a state-of-the-art training facility in Lake Placid. It's n
Published August 10th 2017 by Arlo and Declan Publishing (first published July 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Far From Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Far From Falling

Start your review of Far From Falling: Summer at Falling Pines Lake
Alice (MTB/Alice Tied The Bookish Knot)
Finally, a romance with a character that has a hearing impairment! #Moredisabledrepinromanceplease <3

A cute romantic novella (friends to lovers) following young Luke who gets an amazing job opportunity involving ice hockey and Paige, who is trying to run her family's much-loved summer camp but having one struggle after another. This was a dialogue-driven read but found the length to be a little short. I also couldn't relate to some of the events that happened throughout, but that I feel is due t
J. Bailey
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a super sweet friends-to-lovers novella that explores the difficulties in realizing your best friend might actually be more. When Luke gets the chance for the job of his dreams, it means leaving Paige Behind at her family's crumbling summer camp. For Paige, it seems like Luke is achieving his dreams, but at the expense of deserting her. There is so much to love in this story. It's got an interesting setting, professional athletics, and Baby raccoons! The main characters were engaging, an ...more
Charissa
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet contemporary romance set in Falling Pines. Paige has been in love with her best friend, Luke, for years. But he’s never seen her as more than his friend. When he takes a job that will move him out of state and out of her life, she feels life crumbling around her. But once Luke leaves, he realizes he misses Paige something fierce and is thinking about her in all the wrong ways, especially when he realizes other guys are moving in on her. Far From Falling took me on a heart-tugging ...more
Clare O'Beara
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this romance which looks at the upsides and downsides of managing a camp location near Lake Michigan. We get a sort-of romance growing from deep friendship, a gentleman with hearing impairment and a helpful dog, a dedicated young woman, and ice-hockey. All against the beautiful open grounds, swaying pines, and skies full of hawks.

I downloaded this novella from Instafreebie. This is an unbiased review.
Lillie
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although the friends-to-romance storyline is common, if not overdone, the characters and settings in this one were different enough to make it a good read. Sports enthusiasts will like it even more than I did.
Coco.V
Oct 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/29/2017)!
Viper Spaulding
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very sweet and clean best-friends-to-lovers story. Luke and Paige have been best friends since childhood, and each interested in more for the past ten years but neither wants to risk their friendship so they keep their hearts to themselves. Luke is hearing-impaired and Paige is the one friend who has always treated him like he was just another normal guy. Luke has a job opportunity hundreds of miles away, and he's conflicted about leaving Paige behind. Paige doesn't want to leave her g ...more
Karen
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was super super sweet! I wasn't disappointed at all and read this book all in one sitting! The setting was lovely, and the descriptions the the places the characters went to was really nice! It was different and refreshing to read a book not set in the city. I loved the main character, Paige and her personality was really lovely! All of the characters were awesome and the secondary ones really added to the story!

I want a sequel really badly. I hope Paige and Luke have kids in the othe
Ellen White
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Paige and Luke comfortable around one another. She never thought she would be working behind a desk. She would what she could for her grandpa Poppy. Change of plans when Luke takes a training job in Lake Placid, what he was trained for. Both of them missing each other, as friends,or was it more. A cute story of second chance at love.
Janet Graham
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance After Summer Camp
This is a fun romance that features hockey and summer camp. The story is novella length and would have been better if it had been longer. The plot is nice and light. The book is clean and sweet. The second book in this series actually fills in more details and makes this book feel like a short prequel.
I bought this book and this is my honest review.
Kym
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Short but very sweet, this is a love story between two long-time friends, Luke and Paige. Luke has accepted a dream job 9+ hours from Falling Pines, but Paige remains working for her grandmother's struggling camp. Both are unhappy about being apart.

Will Luke and Paige admit what they feel for one another in their hearts?
Coffee Chat
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this sweet, soft love story. It is well written and keeps your interest. The characters are interesting and loveable. I enjoyed liked the setting and the additional characters. I can wait to read the next books. Good story and I can recommend. "I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader of this book."
Paula
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paige and Luke are just the sweetest couple. I love friends to more stories and this one was exceptional. The author did a great job of introducing side characters and I hope Paige's cousin has the next book in the series. A sweet, clean read with just the right amount of angst (Luke's jealousy was so much fun to read). My first read by this author but won't be my last.
Kaye
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHY, OH WHY???
Wonderfully written, easy to follow, steady paced, smooth flowing read that captivated me from the start. Heart warming and gut wretching at times. And before you ask, yes I did shed a tear or three. K has a unique way of bringing the characters and their personalities together so beautifully it melted my heart. Thanks K. Great job.
Lynda Knapp
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good story

The characters were so realistic that I wanted to bash their heads together on more than one occasion. I definitely recommend this book and look forward to reading more by this author.
Penny Leidecker
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, clean read

This is my first time reading a book by K.D. Garcia and I’m so glad I found this book. I really enjoyed Paige’s and Luke’s story. I look forward to reading the other books in the Camp Falling Pines series.
Kay Fief
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a good book to read even though GOD was not the center of the story. The next book has a lot of cuss words in it and I will not be finishing it. I feel you don't have to cuss to get the story across.
Anne
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked by the first two paragraphs and read it in one sitting. I not only loved the main characters but the whole town. This is a refreshing read and a reminder of what summer camp was really like. I recommend this book to everyone for a good story and a good laugh.
Tina Smith
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a well written book full of mild to moderate angst. Very touching show of the kindness of people. Paige and Luke do get there HEA.
Bang Cuba
Typical best friend-turned-lover story. But it is a reality. I liked how situations relate to my personal life experience.
Michele Henry
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was obvious that Paige and Luke were ment to be together.
I loved this story and can't wait for the next book
Definitely 5 stars
Anna
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Short, sweet, innocent

Novella about two childhood best friends turned lovers. Very sweet story with two all-American types. Very little if any steam.
Kim F
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book. I was blown away with the story, I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want more.....
Connie Felkins
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Friends to Lovers

That person you loved forever but didn’t take that next step,,this book revolves around that. It is a great Read and I truly enjoyed it.
Nicole Hartke
Dec 04, 2018
Amanda
Aug 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Beneath a Southern Sky (The Camfield Legacy #1)
  • Thirty-Eight Days (Thirty-Eight, #1)
  • Forgotten & Remembered: The Duke's Late Wife (Love's Second Chance Series: Lords and Ladies, #1)
  • Returning for Valentine's
  • Buried (Twisted Cedar Mysteries, #1)
  • My Heart Belongs in Fort Bliss, Texas: Priscilla’s Reveille
  • Miracles in Disguise (The Trampled Rose #1)
  • In His Eyes (Blemished Brides #1)
  • At Bluebonnet Lake (Texas Crossroads, #1)
  • Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1)
  • Turn My World Around (Wishful, #6)
  • Discovery (The Gifted, #1)
  • King Takes Queen (Avalon Prophecy, #1)
  • First and Only Destiny