Start by marking “The Last Resort (Lori Anderson, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Last Resort (Lori Anderson, #0.5)

The Last Resort

(Lori Anderson 0.5)

Done with a life of exploitation and violence, Lori Anderson is training to be a bounty hunter. Holed up in the Georgia Mountains with her reclusive mentor, JT, Lori is determined to put her new skills into practice. Behind JT's back, she breaks his rules and grabs the chance she's looking for. Will her gamble pay off, or will she have to learn the hard way?
Published August 1st 2017 by Orenda Books

To ask other readers questions about The Last Resort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Resort

Christine
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know when you love a book. Really LOVE a book. Well I absolutely went crazy over Deep Down Dead earlier this year. It is easily one of my favourite crime books for 2017. A female bounty hunter. Ohhhhh yes please! Well Lori Anderson is back. Steph Broadribb has answered our pleas for more. The Last Resort is a short story, designed to bring out the summer sunshine and make us love Lori even more.

Rewind. The story takes us back to Lori's early days. She is training in the heat to be a bounty h
Sandy
Phew….well, that was scary. Weighing in at 55 pages, this is an introduction to Lori Anderson that will have you scrambling to pick up Deep Down Dead.

In this fast paced prequel, we watch as Lori spends a month getting her ass handed to her by mentor JT. She has her reasons for wanting to be a bounty hunter so swallows her pride & takes her lumps. But when a chance to take a real job pops up, impatience overrides good sense & off she goes in search of Dwayne Kip, weasel extraordinaire.

I
Craig Sisterson
One of my favourite reads of the past year is Steph Broadribb's debut crime novel Deep Down Dead, a terrific, action-packed thriller set in America's Deep South which introduced bounty hunting momma Lori Anderson. Sultry and suspenseful, Deep Down Dead is an absolute cracker of a debut that introduces a fresh voice to the crime scene, one that has a strong, compelling narrative voice.

I've been keenly awaiting the next instalment in the Lori Anderson series, Deep Blue Trouble, but while that;s st
Col
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, b
Synopsis/blurb....

The Last Resort is the first in the Rookie Bounty Hunter series of short stories, marking the nail-biting start to a high-
Janel
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Last Resort is a prequel to Deep Down Dead and is the perfect short story for those that have read DDD and those that are still yet to discover it. In this short story, we join Lori during her bounty hunter training, not one to follow rules, she decided it’s time for her first job, even though her mentor doesn’t think she’s ready yet.

If you haven’t read DDD, The Last Resort gives you a glimpse of what’s to come; you get to meet the fierce and brilliant Lori Anderson and her mentor, JT – two
Karen
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short story that takes less than half an hour to read but a great introduction to Lori Anderson and this series. It's a prequel to the first book in the series, Deep Down Dead and there is a sample chapter of that book at the back.
Noelle
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eeeeeek! When I opened my emails this morning and saw one from amazon promoting a short story with badass bounty hunter, Lori Anderson – there was no hesitation on my part ….I clicked and bought this badboy without even thinking about it!

Set in the USA – Georgia Mountains to be exact – the reader is faced with survival, anger, fear, determination and the sense of proving one’s worth.

OMFG! I was #HOOKED from the first line with this fast-paced, edgy short story. Despite the length, this was an ac
Hobart
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
So, Steph Broadribb has put out a short story pre-quel to one of my favorite debuts of the year, Deep Down Dead -- which is numbered 1, so there's likely more on the way. The Last Resort is a short story that gives a glance into the early days of Lori's training to be a bounty hunter, and an early case she worked.

Let me start with the reasons I didn't want to read this (keep reading, or skip this if you want to get to the positives): I d
Donna Maguire
This is a short story that introduced us to the fabulous character that is Lori Anderson!

The book took me around half an hour to read so it is very short but it is a fun read and we get to see how she handled her first every take down - this book is the prequel to the series and it was great for me to catch back up with Lori, a character that I have come to really love.

A good solid story, 4 stars from me - looking forward to the next full length release in the series!
Victoria Goldman
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're a Lori Anderson fan, you're in for a treat with The Last Resort. You're also in for a treat if you haven't yet read Steph's Broadribb's Deep Down Dead, the first novel in her Lori Anderson series. This was the best action thriller I had read in a long time and it's sure to be in my top reads this year.

I'm not going to give anything away about the plot (other than the blurb above), because it is a short story. But The Last Resort is a fun quick read (with a rookie female bounty hunter w
Charity
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I have not read the Lori Anderson series and I started with this. It really didn't intrigue me. Maybe this is better when you read the series and then read this after to see a glimpse of Lori before it all began.
Jennifer Bradley
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her first solo mission.

A quick book featuring Lori and how she came to be a bounty hunter.
Despite the book being quite short. It packs a punch and is a extremely enjoyable read.
Can be read as a standalone book or as part of the series.
Stephanie
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great 'prequel' to Deep Down Dead that takes place when Lori is undergoing training to become a bounty hunter. It's only short, but full of action. It shows her as a gutsy, determined woman who is more than capable of taking on the bad guys. A welcome reminder that the second in the series is due soon.
Jen
Shelves: 2017challenge
If you ever wondered what happened in the months between Lori leaving her Husband and taking up with JT, and the fateful night which changed their relationship for good, then you absolutely need to read this book. (If you want to know what happened on the fateful night that changed their relationship for good, then I’m afraid you’ll have to go and buy Deep Down Dead as I ain’t gonna tell ya.)

Short and sweet, we catch up with Lori and JT when she is in the thick of her training. Battered and brui
Emma
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eeeeekkkk!! Imagine my joy when early on Sunday morning I received a tweet telling me that a Lori Anderson short story had been published and was mine for the taking, in exchange for 99p of course! I was over the moon and a little giddy. Actually, quite giddy because I ADORE Lori Anderson. If you missed my review of Deep Down Dead earlier this year then click here. And more recently, if you missed me shouting about my favourite Summer crime read over on Northern Crime, then click here (it’s Deep ...more
Rach
Dawn O'brien
Jul 06, 2018
Tamesha ❤️
Jul 15, 2018
Steph Broadribb was born in Birmingham and grew up in Buckinghamshire. Most of her working life has been spent between the UK and USA. As her alter ego - Crime Thriller Girl - she indulges her love of all things crime fiction by blogging at www.crimethrillergirl.com where she interviews authors and reviews the latest releases.

Steph is an alumna of the MA in Creative Writing (Crime Fiction) at City

Lori Anderson (4 books)
  • Deep Down Dead (Lori Anderson, #1)
  • Deep Blue Trouble (Lori Anderson, #2)
  • Deep Dirty Truth (Lori Anderson, #3)