Start by marking “A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)

A Throne for Sisters

(A Throne for Sisters #1)

In A THRONE FOR SISTERS (Book one), Sophia, 17, and her younger sister Kate, 15, are desperate to leave their horrific orphanage. Orphans, unwanted and unloved, they nonetheless dream of coming of age elsewhere, of finding a better life, even if that means living on the streets of the brutal city of Ashton.

Sophia and Kate, also best friends, have each other’s backs—and y
Published October 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Throne for Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Throne for Sisters

Start your review of A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Two orphans. Two sisters.
One wants to be a noble.
One to be a huntress. A fighter.
After fleeing from their abusive orphanage, the two sisters separate from each other, to each reach their goal.
First of: nearly all the scenes seemed so... simple and predictable.
And sometimes stupid.
First of all the scene at the beginning. There were boys hurting a girl and Sophia stops them and of course the boys see a pretty girl (Sophia, who was punished by the nuns for being to beautiful - I me
Faith M ✨
I buddy read this with Nana and Aless.

Oh boy. I thought my expectations were low, but I guess this managed to get even lower than I thought. I know Morgan Rice’s writing is bad. All of her books that I’ve read so far have felt like a very rough first draft of a highly abridged decent story. I don’t read Morgan Rice because I think she’s a good writer. She’s my go-to trash queen. But I guess, in some way, since I enjoyed Rogue, Prisoner, Princess earlier this month, I had subconsciously raised my
Jasmine Beaulieu
Dec 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
I feel like this book had a look of potential but was executed poorly. The entire book takes place over 2 days and the majority of the book felt like a prologue. Once the pace finally began to pick up and the plot become interesting the book came to an abrupt end. Additionally I found the world was underdeveloped and the two main characters Sofia and Kate were one dimensional and uninteresting.
Nildene
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, ya, fantasy, reviewed
Okay but first, oh my god. I don't know how, but I knew there was going to be some sort of ending that I really really would not like. (Cliffhangers are not fun when you have no way to get your hands on book two!)

I'm going to try and write out some form of coherent thought so we're going to see how this goes.

Our protagonists, Sophia (17) and Kate (15) are sisters with a telepathic talent. The two escape on Sophia's birthday and separate as they run, each with their own goals in mind on how to su
Rain
Apr 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abgebrochen
Dnf at 19%

Everything about this is random. Why do they decide to run away now, if the orphanage was so horrible? Why haven't they done anything "horrible" before for which they would be killed, if it is that easy? Especially considering their powers which would have made running away even easier... I don't think any of this will explained
Dianne
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z12read, 1-in-series
Two sisters, running from the horror of their lives in a cruel orphanage will separate as each seeks out their own version of freedom and happiness. Bound by a telepathic bond, Sophia and Kate have never truly been alone until they each follow the path they feel is destined for them.

A THRONE FOR SISTERS by Morgan Rice is a rapid-fire fantasy presented with all of the turmoil these teens are living as we are swept from Sophia’s quest to marry a rich noble of the royal court to Kate’s desire to li
Natasha's Reads
Jan 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2018
Pretty cover, boring story.
Nana Spark
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People looking for an easy read
Recommended to Nana by: Faith M ✨
Shelves: buddy-reads

(Source)

"It was time to risk it all"

No, now is definitely not the time to be risking it all. 🤦

Lol, this book is unoriginality in it's purest form. Two sisters, Sophia (aka Sansa) and Kate (aka Ayra) escape from their abusive orphanage and decide to separate (literally the dumbest idea in the history of decisions) to pursue what the other wants in life. Sansa *cough* (sorry) Sophia wants a life amongst nobles, while Kate wants to learn how to fight and live off the land.

Literally this book was a
Tiffany Heywood
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
For the length of this book the pace was very quick and things were happening one after the other. Sophia who is the older sister decides to try and escape by getting herself married off to a noble men and ends in the hands of the prince of the kingdom. I loved that we had a prince involves and i love books set in kingdoms and features a royal family. Kate decideds she wants to rough it a bit more ends up landing and apprenticeship with a blacksmith where she meets young will who is the son to t ...more
Alicia Huxtable
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Queen of fantasy

Morgan Rice has a real knack for writing fantasy that just makes me need to keep reading. This definitely promises to be another great series
 Valessa
2/5 ⭐

"A veces, las cosas más bellas pueden aparecer en momentos inesperados."

Bueno no sé si soy la única que piensa que cuando un audiolibro o algún ebook es gratis hay que aprovechar y leerlo. Y es así como encontré el libro un Trono para las hermanas, leí las reseñas y pues la mayoría eran muy buenas y tenían muy buenas calificaciones, por lo tanto mis expectativas iban creciendo.

Lo que no quería pensar era que el audiolibro era gratis porque era un libro “malo”, a pesar de que no quería
Esme Mendoza
Me gusto y no me gusto.
Primero les digo lo que me gusto.
Tenemos este misterio que envuelve a las dos hermanas un secreto sobre su pasado y sus padres que no sabes si será algo malo o bueno dependiendo de lo que pasará en la segunda entregas.
El toque de fantasía en cuanto al poder mental de comunicación entre las hermanas me llamo mucho la atención y ya quiero saber más sobre si son brujas o algo así.
En Sofía tenemos a una chica dulce y tierna y en Catalina una chica rebelde que puede llegar a p
Julie E. (Bookshelf Adventures)
Wow. This book was a roller coaster from start to finish. The entire story takes place over the span of 2 days, which is both good and bad.

Sophia and Kate are orphans trying to escape the horrors of the orphanage and their future of indentured servitude. Sophia has grand plans of nobility while Kate wants to be a fighter and a bandit.

The tale is fast paced, but leaves many questions behind. Which I guess is a good reason to buy the second book in the series, in hope of more answers.

Overall, I
Stacia | stacialovestoread
*thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for granting me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*
This was....a book. For me, I felt as though the story progression didn't make sense. The girls are running from a terrible life, but one so happens to get a prince to fall in love with her as soon as she meets him and the other is almost immediately taken on as an apprentice to a blacksmith? Everything was just too convenient.
I also don't see how this title fits the story. There is
Coco.V
Feb 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/7/2018)! 💝
Joana Veríssimo
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I was really excited for this book - the plot sounded really interesting - but it really didn't work for me. I did not hate it, but none of the characters clicked with me and the story wasn't what I really wanted
It's a small book, so if the plot interest you, maybe check it out for yourself

Free on Google Play - through BookBub - if anyone is interested. They also have the sequel for free, but for obvious reasons, I won't be continuing it
Amy Leigh
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the start of another wonderful series by Morgan Rice. The cover is absolutely gorgeous! The characters are well written and relatable in this gritty, romantic, and adventurous epic fantasy novel. The world building was great and I found myself so attached to these sisters stories and wanting to see where they will go in the next book!

Sophia and Kate are sisters and orphans growing up in a harsh world with big dreams. One wants to be royal and the other a hunter warrior. They also both ha
Dana Wood
Jan 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
I did not finish. I was really wanting to like this book but it’s hard to like two separate “heroines” who lie and steal and (for one of them) sleep her way into “love”. It would have been so much better if the sisters left town and tried to make it on.their.own. Lies, deception and love don’t mix. Not my idea of good book.
Keizle
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Feels like bullet points made into a story. Very fast paced in definitely not a good way. The romancce was also cringe-worthy... But I think I'll still read/listen to the next book of the series 'cause I like Kate. And there really is a nice potential to the plot. ...more
Madeleine
Dec 19, 2021 rated it did not like it
★☆☆☆☆ DID NOT FINISH ~ Why can't I give this book a 0-star review?

I am happy I did not waste money on this book and got it only because the e-book version was free on the FNAC website. This was really bad and I can't help but think I understand why this book was free.
The writing is really bad (we are at a Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two level here). I read 64 pages of this book and that was way too much because I could not find even one single thing I liked: the writing w
Andrea Vivanco
Primero que nada conseguí este libro gratis en kindle, y me voy a quejar de que he leído otros libros gratis que estan mejor editados, este tiene un montón de errores, en algunos cápitulos hasta le cambiaban el nombre a los personajes, y que decir de la escritura, creo que no me ha gustado.
Lo único interesante fue el final de ambos personajes. Pero aunque el libro sea muy cortito creo que pudo haber desarrollado mejor a sus protas, porque sus motivaciones no tienen mucho sentido, sobre todo los
Andrea Aston
Feb 14, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
La premisa del libro y su inicio son muy buenos, no obstante una vez presentada la trama y empieza el cuerpo del libro en si todo va hacia abajo, tenia pensado leerme el resto de la saga pero me ha dejado tan mal sabor de boca que en estos momentos no lo haré.
Ele0n0ra
Jun 06, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiolibro
Se nota que es la introducción a la serie.
Zenda
This was a bonus borrow from my library. This book is not for me. I don't feel like I am the target audience, so I am not leaving a rating. ...more
Cheryl Johnson
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book. Really I did. The premise was interesting and the idea of two sisters with psychic abilities sounded like a fresh change from the usual fantasy protagonist. I was hoping their talent would let them work in tandem together to overcome the obstacles of their hard young lives, but, alas, no. They spend the vast majority of the book apart, without even their mind reading able to keep a link between them.
The characters were very one dimensional and it truly felt like the a
E.J. Hill
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Where do I begin?
I dislike writing negative reviews, but alas, I must be honest. Let’s start with something positive, though.
The ideas behind this book were good. Two sisters run away from an orphanage where they were being mistreated, then decide to split up so they can each seek fortune using their own talents. Through deception, Sophia walks the road of nobility, whereas Kate desires to become a soldier. However, these ideas among others, were not executed well. The entire story happens ove
Danielle Sharaak
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
FERNANDA
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una historia sobre dos hermanas totalmente diferentes que hace que la historia tenga cierto balance.
Es fácil y rápida de leer y la forma en la que lo narra me gustó mucho, el toque de fantasia que tiene es bueno aunque sea un libro un poco introductorio a la historia.
Lo que no me gustó fue que hay amor de la nada y no se hace muy creíble y la historia bien podría estar perfecta sin esa parte, también que se desarrolla en unos días cuando lo sientes como si fuera mucho más tiempo.
Aria
Sep 20, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNFed at Page 12.

I really tried to power through but the beginning is already so bad...I just couldn't stand the Special Snowflakes, the 'obviously different a.k.a. polar opposites' sisters where the main one is clearly envious of the other for whatever blah reasons, juvenile writing and terrible dialogue.
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
A brilliant book, a bit like a younger girls version of game of thrones focusing only on Sansa and Aria type of characters lol..... although the sisters in this Sophia and Kate have a very strong bond mind readingly so.
There is magic but its underlying the main story focuses on two sisters and trying to follow their dreams Sophia to be a princess and Kate to fight Even the world has a Kings landing type edge to it and it is very dark in places.

I have given this a 4 star as i can see how appealin

• Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1)
  • The Soul Thief (The Horizon Chronicles, #1)
  • Steel Maiden (Divided Realms, #1)
  • For Now and Forever (The Inn at Sunset Harbor, #1)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • La mensajera roja
  • A Trace of Death (Keri Locke #1)
  • The Lost Star Episode One
  • Los desaparecidos: Un cuento de misterio e intriga
  • Once Upon a Billionaire (Blue Collar Billionaires #1)
  • Before He Kills (Mackenzie White, #1)
  • Pure (Pure, #1)
  • Cause to Kill (Avery Black #1)
  • A House Divided (Astoran Asunder #1)
  • Space Colony One Books 1 - 3 (SPACE COLONY ONE SERIES)
  • Ravenite (Vengeance and Vampires, #1)
  • Hunter (The Dragonrider Heritage #1)
  • Sworn (Vampire Legends, #1)
See top shelves…
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERER’S RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books; of the epic fantasy series KINGS AND SORCERERS, comprising six books; of the e ...more

A Throne for Sisters (8 books)
  • A Court for Thieves (A Throne for Sisters, #2)
  • A Song for Orphans (A Throne for Sisters, #3)
  • A Dirge for Princes (A Throne for Sisters, #4)
  • A Jewel for Royals (A Throne for Sisters, #5)
  • A Kiss for Queens (A Throne for Sisters, #6)
  • A Crown for Assassins (A Throne for Sisters, #7)
  • A Clasp for Heirs (A Throne for Sisters, #8)

News & Interviews

Science fiction and fantasy are the go-to genres for writers—and readers!—who like to explore the wilder borderlands of contemporary fiction....
“There are things you can’t rush,” Thomas said. “You have time, Kate. Savor your life, don’t wish away the moments.” 1 likes
“Sometimes, the most beautiful things can come along at unexpected times.” 1 likes