Start by marking “A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)

A Throne for Sisters

(A Throne for Sisters #1)

In A THRONE FOR SISTERS (Book one), Sophia, 17, and her younger sister Kate, 15, are desperate to leave their horrific orphanage. Orphans, unwanted and unloved, they nonetheless dream of coming of age elsewhere, of finding a better life, even if that means living on the streets of the brutal city of Ashton.

Sophia and Kate, also best friends, have each other’s backs—and y
Published October 6th 2017 (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about A Throne for Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Throne for Sisters

Start your review of A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Two orphans. Two sisters.
One wants to be a noble.
One to be a huntress. A fighter.
After fleeing from their abusive orphanage, the two sisters separate from each other, to each reach their goal.
First of: nearly all the scenes seemed so... simple and predictable.
And sometimes stupid.
First of all the scene at the beginning. There were boys hurting a girl and Sophia stops them and of course the boys see a pretty girl (Sophia, who was punished by the nuns for being to beautiful - I me
Faith M ✨
I buddy read this with Nana and Aless.

Oh boy. I thought my expectations were low, but I guess this managed to get even lower than I thought. I know Morgan Rice’s writing is bad. All of her books that I’ve read so far have felt like a very rough first draft of a highly abridged decent story. I don’t read Morgan Rice because I think she’s a good writer. She’s my go-to trash queen. But I guess, in some way, since I enjoyed Rogue, Prisoner, Princess earlier this month, I had subconsciously raised my
Jasmine Beaulieu
Dec 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
I feel like this book had a look of potential but was executed poorly. The entire book takes place over 2 days and the majority of the book felt like a prologue. Once the pace finally began to pick up and the plot become interesting the book came to an abrupt end. Additionally I found the world was underdeveloped and the two main characters Sofia and Kate were one dimensional and uninteresting.
Julia
Apr 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abgebrochen
Dnf at 19%

Everything about this is random. Why do they decide to run away now, if the orphanage was so horrible? Why haven't they done anything "horrible" before for which they would be killed, if it is that easy? Especially considering their powers which would have made running away even easier... I don't think any of this will explained
Nildene
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, ya, fantasy, reviewed
Okay but first, oh my god. I don't know how, but I knew there was going to be some sort of ending that I really really would not like. (Cliffhangers are not fun when you have no way to get your hands on book two!)

I'm going to try and write out some form of coherent thought so we're going to see how this goes.

Our protagonists, Sophia (17) and Kate (15) are sisters with a telepathic talent. The two escape on Sophia's birthday and separate as they run, each with their own goals in mind on how to su
Dianne
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 12read, 1-in-series
Two sisters, running from the horror of their lives in a cruel orphanage will separate as each seeks out their own version of freedom and happiness. Bound by a telepathic bond, Sophia and Kate have never truly been alone until they each follow the path they feel is destined for them.

A THRONE FOR SISTERS by Morgan Rice is a rapid-fire fantasy presented with all of the turmoil these teens are living as we are swept from Sophia’s quest to marry a rich noble of the royal court to Kate’s desire to li
Nana Spark
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People looking for an easy read
Recommended to Nana by: Faith M ✨
"It was time to risk it all"

No, now is definitely not the time to be risking it all. 🤦

Lol, this book is unoriginality in it's purest form. Two sisters, Sophia (aka Sansa) and Kate (aka Ayra) escape from their abusive orphanage and decide to separate (literally the dumbest idea in the history of decisions) to pursue what the other wants in life. Sansa *cough* (sorry) Sophia wants a life amongst nobles, while Kate wants to learn how to fight and live off the land.

Literally this book was a Sansa an
NatashaReadz
Jan 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2018
Pretty cover, boring story.
Tiffany Heywood
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
For the length of this book the pace was very quick and things were happening one after the other. Sophia who is the older sister decides to try and escape by getting herself married off to a noble men and ends in the hands of the prince of the kingdom. I loved that we had a prince involves and i love books set in kingdoms and features a royal family. Kate decideds she wants to rough it a bit more ends up landing and apprenticeship with a blacksmith where she meets young will who is the son to t ...more
Coco.V
Feb 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/7/2018)! 💝
Julie (HufflepuffGirl90)
Wow. This book was a roller coaster from start to finish. The entire story takes place over the span of 2 days, which is both good and bad.

Sophia and Kate are orphans trying to escape the horrors of the orphanage and their future of indentured servitude. Sophia has grand plans of nobility while Kate wants to be a fighter and a bandit.

The tale is fast paced, but leaves many questions behind. Which I guess is a good reason to buy the second book in the series, in hope of more answers.

Overall, I
Joana Veríssimo
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I was really excited for this book - the plot sounded really interesting - but it really didn't work for me. I did not hate it, but none of the characters clicked with me and the story wasn't what I really wanted
It's a small book, so if the plot interest you, maybe check it out for yourself

Free on Google Play - through BookBub - if anyone is interested. They also have the sequel for free, but for obvious reasons, I won't be continuing it
Amy Leigh
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the start of another wonderful series by Morgan Rice. The cover is absolutely gorgeous! The characters are well written and relatable in this gritty, romantic, and adventurous epic fantasy novel. The world building was great and I found myself so attached to these sisters stories and wanting to see where they will go in the next book!

Sophia and Kate are sisters and orphans growing up in a harsh world with big dreams. One wants to be royal and the other a hunter warrior. They also both ha
Stacia | stacialovestoread
*thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for granting me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*
This was....a book. For me, I felt as though the story progression didn't make sense. The girls are running from a terrible life, but one so happens to get a prince to fall in love with her as soon as she meets him and the other is almost immediately taken on as an apprentice to a blacksmith? Everything was just too convenient.
I also don't see how this title fits the story. There is
Dana Wood
Jan 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
I did not finish. I was really wanting to like this book but it’s hard to like two separate “heroines” who lie and steal and (for one of them) sleep her way into “love”. It would have been so much better if the sisters left town and tried to make it on.their.own. Lies, deception and love don’t mix. Not my idea of good book.
Keiz
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Feels like bullet points made into a story. Very fast paced in definitely not a good way. The romancce was also cringe-worthy... But I think I'll still read/listen to the next book of the series 'cause I like Kate. And there really is a nice potential to the plot.
Cheryl Johnson
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book. Really I did. The premise was interesting and the idea of two sisters with psychic abilities sounded like a fresh change from the usual fantasy protagonist. I was hoping their talent would let them work in tandem together to overcome the obstacles of their hard young lives, but, alas, no. They spend the vast majority of the book apart, without even their mind reading able to keep a link between them.
The characters were very one dimensional and it truly felt like the a
E.J. Hill
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Where do I begin?
I dislike writing negative reviews, but alas, I must be honest. Let’s start with something positive, though.
The ideas behind this book were good. Two sisters run away from an orphanage where they were being mistreated, then decide to split up so they can each seek fortune using their own talents. Through deception, Sophia walks the road of nobility, whereas Kate desires to become a soldier. However, these ideas among others, were not executed well. The entire story happens ove
Danielle
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Aria
Sep 20, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNFed at Page 12.

I really tried to power through but the beginning is already so bad...I just couldn't stand the Special Snowflakes, the 'obviously different a.k.a. polar opposites' sisters where the main one is clearly envious of the other for whatever blah reasons, juvenile writing and terrible dialogue.
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A brilliant book, a bit like a younger girls version of game of thrones focusing only on Sansa and Aria type of characters lol..... although the sisters in this Sophia and Kate have a very strong bond mind readingly so.
There is magic but its underlying the main story focuses on two sisters and trying to follow their dreams Sophia to be a princess and Kate to fight Even the world has a Kings landing type edge to it and it is very dark in places.

I have given this a 4 star as i can see how appealin
Aless {the introvert reads}
Jan 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
1.5/5

Full review coming later. This was a mess. Nothing like what I have tried to read from her before. Do not reccomend unless you want a laugh or to cringe, maybe both.
Jessica
Jul 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Have you ever seen a book idea that sounded cool when described to you, but when you read it, it seems like a twelve-year-old who just discovered HBO wanted to make their own edgy story wrote it? Well, look no further than A Throne For Sisters! I couldn't figure out a better descriptive word for this novel aside from stupid.

Don't get me wrong. The premise sounded interesting and I was intrigued for a whole two pages until Sophia described one of the reasons she was beaten by the nuns at the evi
Violet Stone
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I think this book could have been good if there had been more depth. Two orphaned sisters have different dreams. One wants a plush royal lifestyle while the other wants to fight in a war. After escaping the orphanage they go their separate ways. To complicate matters, they can both read minds.

Sophia, the eldest, uses her mind reading abilities to slip into the court of nobles and woo one of them. While Kate ends up becoming a blacksmith's apprentice. You can probably guess that things don't go w
Loretta (Laughing Listener)

The Laughing Listener

July 2018
Format: Kindle Ebook

DNF @ 18%

I should probably start this by warning everyone of my only child status, which causes me to have a disconnect with sibling relationships in books sometimes. I don’t really know what’s it’s like to be or have a sibling and I think I can judge characters too harshly because of this. That being said, I thought Sophia in this book was WACK.

Right off the bat I could tell this world was well thought out. I was intrigued by it, but dang, we’r
Vanessa (bookfairy95)
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
More like 2.5☆

I started this book a while ago and at first I was really intrigued and I liked it. Especially Sophia's perspective I found very entertaining. I love everything that involves royalty and forbidden love, however, here we have a strong case of install be which I'm not really fond of.

As for Kate; I never really got warm with her. I cannot identify with her at all which is probably because she is so very different from me. I didn't really like her chapters and more than once I though
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
I was very surprised to see this book for free to be honest. But then again I shouldn't be; nowadays more and more writers offer their books for free, especially the first instalment in a series. The lure of a free book in a sea of similar and, let's face it, expensive books, is too much to pass up. In the end, the author wins readers who might more easily pick up this new series and continue through it by buying the next books. And some good ratings hopefully.

Anyways, back to the merits of the
Jasmine
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-ebooks
Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with a copy of A Throne for Sisters!

I loved this way more than I expected to. I guess I'd describe it as Three Dark Crowns meets Heartless meets The Selection. It was super captivating, there was a lot of suspense, and the supernatural elements were really well written. It was fast-paced, which is always a bonus, but I think it was perhaps a little too fast paced in certain areas. That being said, it was only 186 pages, so for a short story I guess that's
Lady Delacour
A Throne for Sisters took me by surprise by
how much I liked the story and the sisters.
Book 2 in the series is a must for me.
I have to know what is going to happen the girls next.
Narrator Wayne Farrell was an interesting choice.
His female voices were a little lacking.
Cleanish. Small amount of Foul Language.
Alja Katuin
As was expected.. another amazing book by Morgan Rice! Everything went a little quick, making me feel like I was in a rollercoaster, but the story was well built and very enjoyable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Cursed (Cursed Magic #1)
  • Frey (The Frey Saga, #1)
  • The Palace of Lost Memories (After the Rift #1)
  • Memory's Wake (Memory's Wake Trilogy, #1)
  • Cobweb Bride (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #1)
  • Eternal (The Queen's Alpha #1)
  • Steel Maiden (Divided Realms, #1)
  • Soulbound (Return of the Elves, #1)
  • Sworn to Raise (Courtlight #1)
  • The Soul Thief (The Horizon Chronicles, #1)
  • Warrior Mage (Chains of Honor, #1)
  • Call of the Herald (The Dawning of Power, #1)
  • For Now and Forever (The Inn at Sunset Harbor, #1)
  • Blades of Magic (Crown Service, #1)
  • Miss Mabel's School for Girls (The Network Series, #1)
  • Hook: Dead to Rights (Captain Hook)
  • Never Forgotten (Never Forgotten, #1)
  • Witch's Bell 1 (The Adventures of Ebony Bell, #1)
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERER’S RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books; of the epic fantasy series KINGS AND SORCERERS, comprising six books; of the e ...more

A Throne for Sisters (8 books)
  • A Court for Thieves (A Throne for Sisters, #2)
  • A Song for Orphans (A Throne for Sisters, #3)
  • A Dirge for Princes (A Throne for Sisters, #4)
  • A Jewel for Royals (A Throne for Sisters, #5)
  • A Kiss for Queens (A Throne for Sisters, #6)
  • A Crown for Assassins (A Throne for Sisters, #7)
  • A Clasp for Heirs (A Throne for Sisters, #8)