Start by marking “A Forever Kind of Love: A Pride & Prejudice Novella” as Want to Read:
A Forever Kind of Love: A Pride & Prejudice Novella

A Forever Kind of Love: A Pride & Prejudice Novella

TIMELESS ROMANCE FOR THE BUSY READER

The best-laid plans of mice and men did NOT have a wife!

In this sweet Regency variation of Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice, Fitzwilliam Darcy’s eldest son sets out to seek a bride. Alexander Fitzwilliam Darcy is the spitting image of his father—in looks, temperament, and his inability to impress a woman not particularly wanting to
Published August 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Forever Kind of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Forever Kind of Love

Debbie Brown
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaff, 2017-jaff, i-own-it
A Forever Kind of Love is a circle-of-life kind of Pride and Prejudice. It's written from the perspective of Mr. Darcy when he and Elizabeth have been married for 25 years. Of course, he's still madly in love with his wife, but he's feeling his age and frustrated with all his aches and pains. He reminisces about a childhood incident involving his two eldest children, Rebekah, whose personality is similar to Elizabeth, and Alex, a duplicate of his father in both looks and personality. Rebekah is ...more
wosedwew
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, book-reviews
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. ~Author Unknown

Here’s a surprise – we’re all getting older. The Darcys are soon to be grandparents. Elizabeth takes things in her stride but Darcy notices he has grey hairs and that he chooses smaller, easier-to-ride horses. Middle-age doesn’t sit well with him.

But what’s this – his oldest son has noticed a possible bride? Is she the right girl for Alex? Ah … here’s a project worthy of an experienced charmer like Darcy.

I loved se
Tlotem
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A book full of tenderness and love. My only regret is that it is too short for the story to get depth.
Sheila Majczan
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short and very sweet sequel to P&P dealing with Darcy's thoughts as he not only ages but as his off spring are reaching adulthood and he thinks he must monitor and/or influence their choices for marriage. And we read his thoughts on his long marriage to dearest, loveliest Elizabeth.

It is ironic that the oldest son is so much like his father. ODC invite a number of young ladies and their parents to visit at Pemberley. The twins very quickly decide just who it is among the young ladi
Leslie
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Technically this is a P&P sequel, set when Mr & Mrs. Darcy's daughter is about to have a child of her own. Our dear Darcy decides that it is time for his eldest son to marry because as we all know "that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." And Daddy er. Mr. Darcy agrees. He is worried that his son won't choose wisely so has a house party at Pemberley to invite some perspective young ladies. Mrs. Darcy is as surprised at this turn of events as you will ...more
Carole (in Canada)
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Austenesque Readers, Romance
Shelves: favorites, novellas
One Christie Capps book is never enough!

The title says it all in this sweet loving novella. Darcy and Elizabeth have been married for 25 years, they are expecting their first grandchild from their daughter. Their son, Alex, is trying to wade through the debutantes and thinks he has found 'the one'. Darcy, in the meantime, is starting to feel his age.

"He was changing. His body was changing, and he did not like it one smidgeon of a bit." (quote from the book)

He also thinks he can help his son fin
Lynn
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

This is a lovely quick read. The characters of Elizabeth and Darcy later in their married life is just what I would imagine them to be. To see Darcy as a matchmaker is sweetly funny as he only wants the best for his son. This book is a keeper. I can see reading this one whenever I am feeling a bit low to get a lovely lift and a smile.
Dung
A wonderful glimpse into the future of Darcy & Elizabeth and their offsprings.

The kind of love that is shown through understanding one another even through up and downs in their lives. Marriage is not perfect, but finding someone who perfectly understands you. It’s the “Forever Kind of Love”.

I love the Darcy twins in this as well.

I think this is my favorite in the Christie Capps bundles.
Madenna U
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Pride and Prejudice novella takes place years after the original cannon story. Elizabeth and Darcy have been married for years and are worried about their 20 something son, who seems to be behaving as his father did in ballrooms. As much as the plot was about the son and his issues, the story provided multiple opportunities to witness the overwhelming love between Darcy and Elizabeth. I honestly have a lack of words to describe how moving the text was for me. Multiple tissues were necessary ...more
Deb Hughes
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and so much fun

Always with humor does this author write ~~ no matter what name she chooses! I love it when an author takes the next generation of Darcys and Bingleys and makes the story absolutely delightful!!!
Teresita
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

For those of us that sometimes need a short but satisfying read, this is one of the best.
I really enjoyed it!
Elizabeth Bennet
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the last book in the boxed set I had yet to read by this author. Going in I was nervous because the story isn't the traditional D&E story. No, this one takes place several years down the road after their children are grown and looking for their better half. Their daughter Becca is expecting her first child and has been married for some time.

Darcy relives key memories of not only his marriage but special moments of his children. His daughter at 4 adjusting to losing her brother Alex
Heather
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this Pride and Prejudice variation, Lizzy and Darcy guide their son Alex in his search for his perfect match. It's not an easy task, Alex has as little love for the pretenses of society as his father did, and tends to make the same prideful missteps. Luckily all he needs to do is look to his parents for an example of a deep and abiding forever kind of love.

I really enjoyed this little glimpse into Darcy and Lizzy's life 25 years later. It's a satisfying story with characters that felt real an
Elin Eriksen
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart-warming tale of the Darcy's as they are in their middle age. Darcy is having somewhat of a mid life crisis and what better way to attack this conundrum than to meddle with his offspring affairs... Darcy as a matchmaking father was both funny and adorable at the same time.
The continuance of the love between ODC was especially lovely to read but their offspring was a joy as well.
The ending brought tears to my eyes...

Heartily recommend this book!
Tara
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
This book answers the question of what kind of parents Darcy and Elizabeth will be. In the story, they are engaged with finding a wife for their eldest son without letting him know. It’s funny and sweet and I really enjoyed reading it.
Jessica Widjaja