Start by marking “18 Hours To Us” as Want to Read:
18 Hours To Us

18 Hours To Us

Kindle Edition
Published November 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about 18 Hours To Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 18 Hours To Us

Start your review of 18 Hours To Us
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Cute YA, high school romance. A road trip with some fun detours while two people learn more about each other. Reminds me of Kasie West books. I really liked it!
Nikki Pennington
Feb 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
There is nothing that bothers me more than reading a book, and just not loving it. That was the case here, and it really breaks my heart. I love reading, I love books, and I love anyone that takes that leap and writes a book and shares it with the world, but unfortunately I just can't love every book I come across.

This book was about Natalie, a gymnast, who gets into a car wreck on her way to her high school to catch the bus for her senior class trip. The driver of the car that caused the wreck
Leslea Wahl
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Every once in a while, I love a fun light-hearted romantic adventure. And that is what I was expecting with this Christian YA novel. But this story turned out to have a few more layers to it.

The first half of the story was filled with playful banter, touching getting-to-know-you moments, and cool stops along the journey. The second half of the book had a lot more teen drama infused into the story. I’ll be honest. Parts of this book were absolutely delightful. Other parts made me cringe because
Darla Damron
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun high school romantic and drama filled story. I enjoyed reading it.
Brittany
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this story! The author did a great job of making me feel like I was experiencing the ups and downs of the challenging time known as the teenage years! There were some very deep situations and events that were discussed in this edgy, Christian, young adult novel. I would recommend it to older teens.

The author captured the feelings of uncertainty, attraction, confusion, hurt, and many more emotions so well. I loved reading as the characters bantered back and forth, learning a
Curious Reader
So Natalie missed her class trip bus and she ends up catching a lift with Colton.
Yes, Colton is handsome ('The amazing Football player').
He has girlfriend, who is obviously a bitch ( aren't they always?)
The girlfriend is jealous that her boyfriend is with another girl. She is fuming and thus posting stuff to humiliate Natalie.
Here both the MCs are having fun and also serious moments. Colton is not bothered that his gf is getting jealous. He actually wants to break up with her. And he is
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an advance copy of 18 Hours to Us from the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

This is just such a cutesy and quick read! While the romance had a few sticking points for me, I just can't get over how cute it is!

1. The plot. If you've ever read Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins, this plotline reminded me a lot of that book. The two main characters end up going on a road trip together after they miss the school bus that is driving them to a beach a couple of states away. One thing this
Chaelah
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute!

This was the cutest book that I have read in a very long time. I loved both Natalie and Colton, even the mistakes they made caused me to love them even more because of the way that they handled it. They had such a sweet and clean relationship (clean read, which was a huge blessing as it’s very hard to find a YA novel with no crude language and no sex), but they also had a really mature relationship in terms of communication with each other, commitment, and their love for each other. It
Crystal Walton
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
What a fun and entertaining clean YA romance. Noorman does an excellent job creating realistic teenage characters we can all relate to. The couple's witty, flirty banter kept me smiling through the whole read. While engaging familiar tropes YA fans will adore, 18 Hours to Us also weaves in encouraging messages that tackle hard issues so many of us have faced while in that stage of life. A funny, romantic, inspiring story that's sure to leave a lasting impression on YA fans looking for a sweet, ...more
Nicole Mantooth
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I love that it deals with teenage relationships in a way that is realistic and gives a real sense of what the characters are going through. The connection between Colton and Natalie is very heart warming and once I started reading I could not put the book down.I love Krista as an author as all of her books touch a real sense of reality without being too much or too little. I highly recommenced this book and all of her books.
Reading_Junkie28
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Love, love, love Colton and Natalie. This is a such a beautiful love story. This story talks about bullying and the effects that it can cause. It touches on how teenagers feel pressured to do what others expect of them and not what they truly desire or want. The ending was just perfect. Colton’s explanation to why he felt the accident was meant to happen to bring them together is just so perfect.
Franky
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed this Christian YA story. It's fun how the 2 get thrown together on an 18hour road trip. The two have a good chemistry between them for an adorable romance and the dialog is fun and natural. You'll want to read more about them when the book ends. It has an inspirational message about forgiveness and second chances, that makes it a fulfilling read.
Brittany DeLys
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the Smiles

A refreshing, clean read. I absolutely loved it and would have read it in one sitting if I didn’t have little kids that I knew would be up at the crack of dawn! It was cute, funny, intense, meaningful, and just an all around great book. Highly recommended.
Kate Roux
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, especially because there are so few decent contemporary Christian YA books out there. It is story/character driven rather than being preachy and corny about Christianity which is refreshing!
Janet
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Krista Noorman took me back to my teen years. I loved how she describes the road trip stops in detail, just like you are there! Teen drama is so real, she really captures it. This is a must read!
Rachel John
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So well written, entertaining, and heartfelt. I would recommend this for older teen and up, as it deals with a realistic view of teenage life and the complications that come when you want to change friends and life choices. I really enjoyed this.
Doris Ware
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun book
Lorrie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this cute book. Loved how Krista tied in her faith through out the book.
Jennifer Richey
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute story

This was a sweet 2nd chance story about 2 teenagers getting in a wreck on the way to school and their late so they have to follow the bus to go on a trip. Natalie didn’t put in account falling for her old crush again.
Pascale
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my second time reading a book by this author and I wasn’t disappointed. It was a fun, fast read. A clean, Christian, YA story that is worth the read. Well done.
Kathy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved it! Couldn’t put it down. I stayed up all night reading it. Which is why it’s 5am and I need to get to bed!
Allison
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Read

I really loved this story. I'm a 30-something mom of 4 and I loved this story.
Teens who used to be friends are thrown together on the trip of a lifetime. She has always loved him, he had forgotten all about her. But their connection is undeniable.
I love that there is faith in this story without being preachy. It's just right, especially for teenagers.
I can't wait to read more by this author!
Virginia
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book and very clean reading. I normally like a little more adult talk but this is not like that. Nice change.
Heather Seifert
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It is well written and was hard to put down. Noorman realistically captures the emotions of a teenager in high school. You can feel Natalie's excitement, nervousness, pain, heartache and happiness.

This is a great YA read for both young adults and older adults. It deals with important teen issues in a straight forward way. Natalie's strong moral code is something we can all learn from.

- I was given an early copy by the author. I chose to review it and all thoughts are my own.
A.M. Heath
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What I Loved: 18 Hours To Us is fun and flirty. There is this tension and chemistry between Colton and Natalie that keeps the pages turning. But what I really liked was the message Krista was able to bring to the table about sex, love, and teenage relationships. We see Natalie dealing with temptation and the struggle to the right thing, which I found very realistic. The characters felt authentic, they acted, reacted, and talked much like teens. Over and over again, I kept thinking back to my ...more
Rebekah
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this

Sooo, the dialogue in this book feels really off and it is full of teenage high school drama, but I enjoyed this book. It's a different twist on the YA drama. I liked that this was clean and had happy end to it.

Content: Clean
Language: Clean
Religious: This has some Christian themes in it and discusses prayer. It's not super religious, but religion is a part of conversation for the two main characters.

Happy reading!
Berdinna Delport
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
18 hours to us

A nice, easy, relaxed read. Made me feel like I was 16 and in love again...like only a teenager can be. Fun to read. No stress!!
Megan
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
About The Book:

When Natalie Rhodes left her house early that fateful morning to catch the bus to her senior class trip, she never expected to end up in a car with Colton Daynes--the guy she's had a crush on since first grade, the guy who has no idea who she is. But when Colton's irresponsible driving causes them both to miss the bus, the unlikely pair set off on a road trip from Michigan to Virginia Beach to catch up with their classmates.

From the little village of Middleville, the popular
Aviv
Sep 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book was a cutesy teen romance. Fun, but forgettable. However, about 3\4 of the way through, it became practically a bible verse. Normally, I don't mind religion in books, but this really slapped me in the face. All of a sudden every single thing that happened had to do with God and faith and it became pretty intolerable. I also have to wonder how much thought was really put into writing this book, as there were many pieces of the story that didn't like up and didn't make sense. The ...more
Bookish world of Sumaidon
Jul 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hate
It had good potential in the beginning but somehow it just sucked. Road trip books are really hard to fuck up. The two main characters weren’t very likable. They were both kinda shitty people. And somehow middle of the book religion came to play, which in my opinion made it worse. You don’t have to be a religious person to be a good person, you can be a good person because of morals. But the book made it seem like because Natalie goes to church and believes in good she is a good person. I hate ...more

• The Boyfriend Agreement (St. Mary's Academy #1)
  • My Heart to Touch (Maxwell Family Saga #1)
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Being Bad
  • Abi and the Boy Next Door
  • The Shy Girl and the Football Star (The Sunday Lunchers Book 1)
  • Life in Reverse
  • #TheRealCinderella
  • The Dating Dare
  • Misunderstanding the Billionaire's Heir (Sweet Water High, #1)
  • Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #1)
  • Better With You (Bragan University, #1)
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • Monday Night Guy (My Guy, #1)
  • Over the Falls (Ryder Bay #1)
  • Courtside Crush (Varsity Girlfriends #1)
  • Keeping Up Appearances
  • Rumor Has It (Rumor Has It, #1)
  • Heartbreak Café
Krista Noorman is the author of young adult, contemporary Christian romance, and sweet romance novels. Most of her life has been spent scribbling away in journals, while documenting her every day life, but it wasn't until she took part in National Novel Writing Month that she found her true calling and turned her pen to fiction.

Krista studied music education at Cornerstone University. After