Start by marking “Emma Ever After” as Want to Read:
Emma Ever After

Emma Ever After

Emma Woodhouse knows the world loves nothing more than a celebrity romance. And, as a rising star at Mega! Management, she match-makes some of the biggest names in the business. Who cares if it’s all for show? For Emma, fauxmance beats the real thing any day!

But Emma has a huge task ahead. She needs to find fake girlfriends for every member of Breach of the Peace, the worl
Published January 30th 2018 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Emma Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emma Ever After

Liz Fenwick
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an Emma for today. It’s a social commentary just like the original. It’s does this beautifully through the medium of romance. I fell in love with Gee on page one and remained steadfastly in love him as he loved loved Emma despite herself as she loses herself in the fake world she creates in role of PR. The whole issue of the what is real and what is false is beautifully shown through the media management of the boy band and the manipulation of the public. Brilliant read. I loved it…espec ...more
Rhoda Baxter
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a modern adaptation of Emma, not the easiest of stories to adapt because not a lot happens and Emma is so, well, Clueless.
In this version Emma works for a PR firm, coming up with faux-mances between celebrities for PR purposes. She lives with Gee Knightly, former boy band superstar.
Gee was a really interesting character. Emma was well meaning but a bit of an idiot. The supporting cast were interesting and varied.
I enjoyed the stuff about the Breach of The Peace fandom very much. I als
Jenni
I really enjoyed this re-imagining of Emma, set against the backdrop of a media management company. This book has a lot to say about the celebrity stories we are sold, and the media that is telling them. I loved Emma and her best friend Gee - he added a really welcome alternative perspective that made the story all the richer. The secondary characters are well developed, it was particulary great to see a couple of them from Persuading Austen make appearances.
Faouzia
Feb 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
1,5 Stars
Before starrting the actual review i have to admit that Emma is not my favorite Jane Austen book, although i enjoyed it a lot, and also that i read many retellings of Austen's books and i have no problem with the idea.

That said, this book has been a total disappointment. I could have gone past the fact that Mr Knightley became Gee Knightley, ex lead singer in a boyband, or even the new version of Harriet, Elton and company, i mean of course i was not expecting a clergyman and a farmer i
Amrita
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
A modern re-telling of Jane Austen’s beloved Emma set against the backdrop of a media management company and the music industry. Toughened by years of neglect and indifference from her parents, Emma relies on carefully thought out plans and schedules to realize her dreams. But sometimes, that means ignoring her true feelings and hiding behind a mask. George Knightley is her best friend and housemate. In an interesting twist to the original story, Knightley is bisexual in Emma Ever After.

*Receiv
Katey Lovell
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5* - great to see bi rep in a contemporary romance.

If you love contemporary retellings of the classics, or are interested in how the media manipulate celebrity stories for their own gain, Brigid Coady's new novel, inspired by Austen's 'Emma', is for you.

Heartwarming, witty and full of sass - Brigid Coady just gets better and better!
Yvonne
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A retelling of Jane Austen’s Emma that also doubles as boyband fanfic? Yes please.
Jessica Parsons
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Emma Ever After is a contemporary novel based of Jane Austen's Emma. In this version, Emma Woodhouse is a planner, a hard worker, and quite the control freak. She manages fake relationships - or fauxmances - at Mega! Management to help build the media coverage and popularity of celebrity clientele. She has a plan to stick to and refuses to deviate from that, even if she might be just a little bit completely in love with her roommate and former boyband superstar George (Gee) Knightly. While on a ...more
Becka
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Fabulous Book Fiend
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great re-imagining of an Austen classic from Brigid Coady. This is such a great social commentary as well and features many timely issues that we are facing today.

Emma is me and my friends all rolled into one, trying to have it all and living life constantly under threat from her calendar alerts. I can recognise the characteristic in myself, the need to have success and try and do everything you can to be the best at your job. She has put her personal life on the back burner in favour o
Amy
I'm such a sucker for an Austen adaptation...and sucker I was for reading this one.

Okay, it wasn't the worst thing I've read. But it wasn't good. First, I refuse to believe Gee Knightley would've let Emma get as far as she did with her work without saying something. He's been set up to be this always-honest, strong, principled character yet he lets her do her thing with no interference. And EMMA! My god is she oblivious! Sure, people like Emma exist but I very much doubt they're that blind to al
Ashley DeCosta
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book may be for other people, but it was not for me. In fact, I couldn’t even finish it (which is pretty I almost never do—but I couldn’t force myself through the rest of this one). There were too many times I was pulled out of the story in this book, thinking about the original. Or I was over analyzing Emma’s character. Or hoping Knightly would just settle down with someone else because this Emma did not deserve him. It just didn’t resonate with me the way that I expected and/or wanted it ...more
ShinyObject
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a copy of Emma Ever After by Brigid Coady from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was intrigued by the summary - because a modern retelling of Emma by Jane Austen? YES, PLEASE! - and really wanted to like this novel, but the storyline could have been pulled together better and the characters better fleshed out (not so flat).
Carlin
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
This story was a very sweet contemporary take on Jane Austen's Emma. Emma in this case was as irritating as the original, I wanted to shake some sense into her although it was easy to see how her childhood traumas set her up to be the consummate control freak in her job and personal life.
Roberta
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I found the first half of the book irritating, and it was very disappointing that a happy ending for Will and Ed wasn’t even hinted at. I preferred persuading austen.
Michelle
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Cute, but way too many spelling and grammar errors.
Skye Kilaen
Jan 30, 2018 marked it as no-thank-you
No because of this review: http://www.loveinpanels.com/prose/emm...
Alison Mallard
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unpredictable and fun

Fun characters in a complex world of celebrity gossip and spin. The clueless heroine is lovable and (almost) believable in her world of created storylines.
Regina Tapoohi
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick read. Romantic and relaxing like watching dumb T.V shows when tired. Quite enjoyable
Needed better editing as full of mistakes.
Robin
Aug 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Might go back to someday as I love modern day retellings. But I did not like the main character. Actually, I don't really like Emma in the original or any other adaptation either.
Morgan Nebistinsky
  • The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop
  • The Singalong Society for Singletons
  • It Had To Be You
  • The Lost Wife
  • Masquerade: Can a street-girl fool a lord?
  • The Woolly Hat Knitting Club
  • Unburied Fables
  • Wildflower Bay: Part One
  • The Memory Collector
  • Love in Row 27
  • The Plumberry School of Comfort Food
  • The Flower Seller
  • Beneath Outback Skies (Outback Dust #1)
  • Lost and Found
  • The Christmas Lights
  • The Christmas Promise
  • The barn on half moon hill
  • Frisky Business
Brigid Coady was born in the UK but raised round the world with most of her childhood spent reading.

Brigid works for a communications and digital marketing agency as a producer and storyteller. Much of her writing is done at weekends in various Starbucks around the world.

In the past, she has been the official Writer in Residence on the 06:37 train from London Victoria to Canterbury West.

Brigid i