Start by marking “One More Sunrise” as Want to Read:
One More Sunrise

One More Sunrise

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  349 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
A Mysterious Father...An Odd Stranger...Another Chance?

Joe Daley's life is spiraling out of control. In more ways than one...

His dreams of WWII glory died along with his plans to serve his country. Fifteen years later, Joe Daley flies a crop duster and struggles through life, with his marriage to high-school-sweetheart Meg running on fumes.

Until one morning when Joe's dail
Published January 1st 2008 by Bethany House (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about One More Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Sunrise

Debbie Zapata
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dar
Do you remember the show Highway To Heaven starring Michael Landon? How about the movie Michael starring John Travolta? It's A Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart? Did you like all of them? Then you will like this book by Michael Landon Jr. There are elements of each movie here: I found myself thinking Oh, just like when Michael showed up! And Oh, Clarence had to earn his wings, too. And overall was the safety of Highway To Heaven.

I am not putting down any of these movies, and I am not slighting
Shari Larsen
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Kansas, in 1941, 17 year old Joe Daley dreams of becoming a fighter pilot for the Air Force, but those dreams are extinguished when he fails his physical. He settles for being a crop duster, but he never moves past his failure, which has negative effects on his life and his marriage to high school sweetheart Meg.

Fast forward to 1958; Luke Ramsey, who courted Meg in high school, offers up a lot of money to farmers as the Vanguard corporation he works for wants to buy up all the land. Joe oppos
Lynnda Ell
May 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One More Sunrise is a Christain fantasy about a man who hits an angel with his crop duster airplane. The plot explores the changes to the lives in the small Kansas farming town because of it.

Michael Landon Jr. and Tracie Peterson worked seamlessly in this novel. Usually, I spot weaknesses in a book without too much effort. I found none in this one. The plot is complex, with the subplots adding depth to the main storyline. The style is lush without being maudlin or overblown. The Christian moral
Deborah Huffman
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of story for a good movie

Follow small town high school sweethearts Meg and Joe as they struggle to pull their marriage back together in the 1950's. A returning high school rival with a business deal for the area farms that is too good to be true, Meg's best friend Norma returning with three foster sons and no husband to rebuild their lives, and an Angel who is stuck down by Joe's plane all add to the plot and help Joe and Meg strengthen their faith in each other. Plenty of drama bring the
Emmett
Mar 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
FOR THE BOOK DISCUSSION.
ALJL
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story grabbed my attention from the start. It kept my interest throughout. The characters felt real; I could die tidy with the emotions and found the changing pace just right to keep me turning the pages. As a Christian, I especially appreciated the way the characters struggled with understanding and following the Christian

Walk. The author captured their struggles and yet made it clear that faith and obedience to Christ is the only way to achieve lasting joy. I especially enjoyed Ferguson!!
Traci Sessions
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book

I loved this story line. I read a lot of books and this has been one of the best. The book shows that we need to trust in God and when things don’t turn out the way we would like, we need to make the best of the situation. Also we shouldn’t seek for our own glory but for the glory of God.
Sandra Barnett
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Once again this author has given me joy, tears,and hope! I loved the suspense and laughter that I received from this book! Living with a alcoholic has to be terrible and painful! This book gave a glimpse of the destruction of drinking in homes! Good job!
Crissy
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very easy to listen to and follow the story.
Monkeyface
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Listened to One More Sunrise by Michael Landon Jr., Tracie Peterson
Landon's personal connection with Janette Oke's first novel accounts for his ability to capture the characters and themes on film (over two million DVDs of the first three films have been sold!); and Peterson's wealth of experience, creativity, and story-telling skills bring a wide readership to this story tailor-made for your most frequent customers. After his dreams of being a WWII flying ace are dashed, Joe settles for a dead-
Naomi Musch
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't pay a lot of attention to the back cover copy, as this was a book passed down to me from a friend, and I simply launched into reading, so I was pleasantly surprised at the turns the story took. I like the post WWII setting, and the hero in the book is a true anti-hero, but one I quickly came to care for despite his strong flaws. That's the sort of character I like reading about. The story has a strong "It's a Wonderful Life" flavor, and if you enjoy that movie as much as I do (it's my a ...more
Chris Unwin
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club-books
Forgiveness and Appreciation

This book teaches a story of learning to let go of your past disappointments and move on. It is filled with just enough mystery and intrigue to keep a mystery lover entertained while at the same time pulls at your heart strings. This book is set in a small town and makes you want be there yourself. You really feel like the characters in the book are important to you. You come away appreciating the blessings you too have in your life. Genre is Christian Fiction but do
Anna
Mar 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This Book I highly recommend to anyone I haven't finished it yet but it is about Joe and Meg Daley who were High School sweethearts. But, now married, Joe is a fighter Pilot who got dinked out because of his health and now he flies planes to spray for bugs. He is now sadly a drunk and his marriage is on the brink with two kids: Danny and Christy. Will their marriage survive and see one more Sunerise or will this story end with the sadest Sunset ever? You will have to read the book to find out.
Amy
Mar 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: margaret
AWESOME! very different way of the story than what I'm used to. But it was a very good book. Michael Landon Jr continues his father's legacy of good, wholesome, family oriented stories around real struggles.
The only thing I didn't like was the back cover of the book: it didn't tell me anything to intrigue me to want to read it.
Also, I bought it cuz it was a tracie peterson book. If it was just ML jr, I probably would not have bought it.
Terri Tinkel
This was a book with some religious overtones. However, it would make a good book to read over a weekend and has some interesting themes. There were also a couple of "out there" moments but I still enjoyed the story. It would make a good movie for the family to see as well. And yes, the co-author is the son of Michael Landon..... As a matter of fact, I could picture Michael Landon starring in this story as the lead if he were still alive.
GJ S
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful clean Christian book

I loved loved the story, it fills you with so many emotions as the story proceeds, I could not figure out where it was going much of the time. It is quite a tear jerker. No sexual content, thank you. I recommend the authors and the book. This would make a great movie.
Valerie Teeling
Enjoyed the book....I liked that the beginning and the end were similar which tied the plot together nicely. However, I thought that near the end, the story was not detailed enough. Too many conflicts which could have been saved for a sequel.
Danielle
Jan 11, 2009 rated it did not like it
This book was not what I wanted it to be. It talked about a husband and wife who are headed for divorce because the husband is at the bar every week. I just don't want to read about people who are on their way to divorce!
Katherine
Jun 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
I got this is a gift, I generally don't seek out Christian fiction. It was a page turner for me, but I could also see from the way it was written that the author (who directs made for tv movies) was setting up as a future screen play!
Denise
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a refreshing reminder of life is not always perfect for Christians but we are NEVER alone -- goodbye to pity party of one! Kindness is always the best clothing to put on every morning. Forgiveness is never easy, but greater is He that is in me!
Melissa
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good story the turns at the end took me by surprise. Well written and very enjoyable to read.
Hildy Peterson
Jul 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, listmania
Grade: B-

A nice story.
Janette
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, christian, fiction
Well written--a good read.
Alison Sandiford
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well written. A few unexpected twists and turns. A great story of love, forgiveness, and redemption.
Gretchen
Oct 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
So far it's a fabulous book. I've enjoyed it from the very first page. If you like Hallmark movies on TV, you'll love this book.
Traci
Oct 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent book about faith, miracles, and second chances. Simple, fast read.
Trish Boese
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, christian
5* I loved this book and have read it a couple times already! It is a book that's close to my heart. Dirt-poor farmers try to keep their land from falling into the hands of a corporation.
Carol
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great story! I've had this book for awhile and finally got around to reading it and I'm glad I did.
Terry
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lots of exciting and unexpected ups and downs in this novel about faith. My favourite quote "Faith gives second chances". Thanks Gloria Leman for the gift of this special book.
Pelican Rapids
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cpb
Enjoyed their story very much. Especially the ___ angel.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Love Woven True (Lights of Lowell, #2)
  • Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)
  • Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1)
  • Learning to Fly
  • Snow Soldiers
  • Down Right Good
  • Illuminated (An August Adams Adventure, #1)
  • Sister's Choice (Patchwork Circle, #2)
  • Where the Heart Leads (Heart of the Prairie #2)
  • The Little Sparrows (The Orphan Trains Trilogy, #1)
  • Wagered Heart
  • Tomorrow's Treasure (East of the Sun #1)
  • Miss Invisible
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • Instant Menace  (The Red Rock Mysteries #9)
Michael Landon Jr., son of television legend Michael Landon, is an award-winning storyteller, first in television and film, and now in books. His print works include Traces of Mercy and One More Sunrise co-written with Tracie Peterson.
More about Michael Landon Jr.

Fiction Deals

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • Just a Drop of Water
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Enemy Women
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
  • The Moonlight Palace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand