Start by marking “The Outpost (Jamison Valley, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Outpost (Jamison Valley, #4)

The Outpost

(Jamison Valley #4)

Trapped in his tiny mountain cabin, she didn't expect to fall for his big heart.

Exposing a prominent criminal family with an investigative news report didn’t exactly work out the way Sabrina had hoped. Instead of basking in the glory of her article’s success, she’s on the run from a powerful man who wants her dead. To stay safe, she’s forced to trade one bad situation for
Published November 7th 2017 by Devney Perry

To ask other readers questions about The Outpost, please sign up.
Renae Yes it's a standalone, though I highly recommend reading the first 3 as Beau and Sabrina were introduced in previous books 😊 And it's a fantastic…moreYes it's a standalone, though I highly recommend reading the first 3 as Beau and Sabrina were introduced in previous books 😊 And it's a fantastic series!(less)

Aestas Book Blog
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

OMG. OMG. OMG!!! I know I've said this with every single one of Devney Perry's books, but this was one of the BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR! I finished it with the hugest smile on my face and the happiest tears in my eyes. The epilogue just melted my heart! I even hugged the book at the end. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! The sweetest slow-burning romance you can imagine. If you love protective Alpha heroes, strong fearless heroines, sexy swoon-filled romance that'll make your heart race, and suspenseful
Harper Sloan
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With every one of Devney’s books, I think : there’s no way she’ll beat the last one ... and every time I’m wrong. The Outpost is amazing and, as always, I fell in love with her words and the characters that jump off the page and into my heart. 💜
Jen
This is the fourth book in the Jamison Valley series, and even though it wasn’t my favourite of all of them... I still enjoyed it very much!

Sabrina is a journalist who is in grave danger after one of her stories deals with the mafia. Not only did she get them in hot water with the law, she had also been in a relationship with one of the bad men. She was undercover and when he discovers who she is; he beats her terribly. This has Sabrina run to Prescott, Montana, where her best friend lives. A pl
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are so many reasons you should read this book and I'm gonna list the biggest reason of all...Beau. Holy cow, do I love Beau! He's not even the type of Alpha male that usually gets this reaction out of me and he still ended up being on my list of favorite Hero's!

Beau is the ultimate good guy. He's a family man, a rescuer, a protector and just someone you can always count on. The way that he is there for everyone that needs him is an extremely attractive feature in a man. You can't ask for
♥Rachel♥
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mountain man meets city girl romance, with some danger and suspense. Sabrina was a bit ridiculous with her views and fears of the wilderness at first, although, I'm used to camping and backpacking, so maybe I should cut some slack there. Also, I'm sure some of her aversions were put in to show how life at the outpost and spending time with Beau changed her. I'd like to pick up the previous books in the series. Read this in one day and really enjoyed it! Love the beautiful setting of Montana!
Stacey is Sassy
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites-2017
I've been waiting for Beau

From the start, Beau was my hero. Sure, all the other guys have been great, but there's just something about a mountain man who growls, acts possessive and is sweet with babies.

At first, I wasn't convinced Sabrina was good enough for my Beau but as time went on, she grew on me. Her recklessness and putting loved ones in danger made her seem self-absorbed. Luckily, The Outpost put her priorities straight and made her realise the error of her ways.

I thoroughly enjoyed thi
Stacie
4 1/2 "Hideout" Stars!

I liked this one a lot. Kind of a slow burn, but worth it. I liked both MC. Especially Beau. He was a Mountain Man sweetheart. I'm enjoying this series. Happy reading!
Jess-the-MOOD-reader
Ahhh, I am kind of torn over this review. But I’m going to give this a bump because I’m completely infatuated with Beau from THE OUT POST by Devney Perry.

What’s not to love about a hero, hotshot, all around good guy mountain man? Absolutely nothing! From the very beginning, Beau has dropped everything to take care of Sabrina. Who by the way, didn’t deserve all of him in the first place. She was initially so concerned with herself, she forgot to think about anyone but herself. I was so frustrate
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"

4,5 « Beau fan club » stars

Let’s say it as it is: it’s my third Devney Perry’s book (I know she has published four books but I haven’t been able to read The Lucky Heart yet) and I’m now a loyal follower. Devney has mastered the art of writing sweet but solid romance stories with swoony heroes.
Every hero she is writing about is fantastic in his own way and Beau certainly is just …perfect.

What’s not to love in a man:
-built like a lumberjack tall, muscled with long and thick thighs (I love muscled
Carvanz

There are absolutely no words to express what an incredibly beautiful story this was. I’ve sighed, I’ve swooned, I’ve gasped with outrage and then with fright, I’ve laughed and cried then laughed and cried again. And as soon as I tapped the last page, I wanted to start all over again. So the only words to truly express how I felt is this: I unequivocally loved this book!

description

After releasing a story to the newspapers outing a mafia family, Sabrina runs to Montana to her closest friend. She barely made
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

‘This is my story. As you may have guessed, its heroine is me, and this past fall, I set out to catch a villain.’

We’ve been wanting to check out this before now, but never got the chance…you know how it goes…never enough reading hours in a day. So when the opportunity arose to read The Outpost, the time had come to spend time in Jamison Valley. We were hesitant to pick up a series part way through but were assured this could be a standalone easily followed the story and characters.

We can happily
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: November 7, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance

The Outpost is the 4th book in the Jamison Valley series but can stand alone from the other books. Although if you like to follow the series, I would recommend reading them in order as the stories are interconnected. With that, this is another GREAT book by the amazing, Devney Perry. Her books (just like this one) are filled with emotion, heart, and beautiful relationships. They may happen quite a bit faster than they would in real wor
Shayna
top pick

This is my first read from the INCREDIBLY TALENTED Devney Perry and it absolutely BLEW ME AWAY! Phenomenal story! Amazing characters! Vivid and beautiful settings! I never wanted it to end, but when it did, I just wanted to curl up, hold it close, and start the experience all over again! Easily, one of my FAVORITE ROMANCES of the year!

Sabrina and Beau are two of the most AMAZING characters that I’ve read this year! Their chemistry was undeniable, intense, and oh so beautiful! But at the same ti
Mandy
There was so much I loved about this story. Brought together because of circumstances they had no control over, I loved the way these two developed feelings for each other beyond initial attraction. Both Sabrina and Beau were well developed and likeable characters. I also really enjoyed the bit of suspense in this one - not knowing what was going to happen if Sabrina was found out by the men she was hiding from. The romance was very sweet and the steamy scenes super hot! Loved Goliath and Shortc ...more
Joy
I’ve loved all of the books in this series but this one by far is my favorite! Give me a swoony alpha hero and there’s very little chance I won’t love him! Beau is amazing. He’s protective, selfless, loves his family and swoony. Did I mention that already?!?! Lol this was fantastic from beginning to end. Excited but a little sad to start the last book in the series. Saying goodbye to Jamison valley is gonna be hard.
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
5+ GOLIATH & SHORTCAKE STARS!

FAVORITE BOOK IN THE WHOLE SERIES!!! BEAU IS BAE ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!

REVIEW BELOW:

Once again I'm swept away with Devney Perry and her writing! Each book has something special to offer, but it was The Outpost that owned my heart and filled me to the brim!!

Beau Holt is everything I want in a man. He's strong, sweet, protective, sexy, caring, and beautiful inside and out. He's always known what path his life would be on until he meets Sabrina and she changes everyt
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Another wonderful installment in the Jamison Valley series! This story can totally be read as a standalone. Loved Beau!!

This is the fourth book I have read by Devney Perry and I love her writing style. All of her characters just feel very real. Sabrina has a tough battle to find herself and to find the strength she will need to get through a very difficult and scary time in her life. Add to this the spectacular Montana backdrop and you have the perfect combination for a winning romance novel.

A
Kennedy Fox
Absolutely LOVED this one! Hands down, Beau is my new book husband. Can't recommend this series enough!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017

We can happily
4.5/5 stars

This was for sure my favorite of the series so far!

The Outpost is the fourth book in the Jamison Valley series of interconnected adult contemporary romances. I would definitely recommend reading these books in order (as previous characters are in the subsequent books a lot). But I would highly recommend reading The Lucky Heart (book 3) first. To me that book is majorly connected to The Outpost. Sabrina's story begins in book 3. And the characters from The Lucky Heart are in this book
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
This series has been nothing short of amazing. I’ve loved every single story. The couples. This town. The love. The suspense. I could go on and on. Highly recommend this wonderful series.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.* ~Sonal
Kim
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
Sabrina MacKenzie has really got herself in trouble this time. She went undercover to investigate an affluent family with mob ties and barely escaped with her life. But now she has run to her best friend Felicity in Prescott, Montana. Understandably Felicity's protective boyfriend and brother do not want to allow anyone else to be put in danger, so they set it up for their friend, Beau Holt to take her to a remote cabin for her to hide.

Sabrina is a city girl through and through. She is
Lyndy Ann ♫
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
The Outpost is the fourth book in the Jamison Valley series, I was excited to read this after reading The Lucky Heart I was desperate to know more about what happened to Sabrina.

Sabrina Makenzie career in investigate journalism could be the end of her she barely escaped Seattle alive and she came to Prescott to her best friend Felicity for help, but the guys Silas, Jesse and Beau decided she would be safer hidden deep in the mountains at a deserted Outpost.

So, Sabrina is driven far into the moun
Lyndi W.
Jesus. This woman just met the dude and she's already like "But what if he doesn't want me? Why would he? We're from two different worlds!" blah blah blah. Like, she's just survived an attack from somebody in the mafia and is on the way to hide out in the mountains for who knows how long and the only fucking thing she can think about is how sexy this dude's hands are, how she's such a mess that this totally put together man couldn't possibly want to be with her, how he's so wonderful because he ...more
Alissa
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one took me a little bit longer to get into it than I wanted, and I also wasn't sure about Sabrina for a while (though she did grow on me as the book progressed), but once it got to where it focused on Sabrina and Beau, I really enjoyed it. LOVED Beau - swoon! He was just yummy! Could really use a Montana man like him in my life.... ;-)
Janja
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One more beauty to read !
Julie
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting the scoop on one of the biggest stories in the crime world consumed Sabrina. While dating a guy that had ties to the Russian Mafia, Sabrina found herself in over her head. The story that Sabrina was writing for the Seattle Times was the focus that kept driving Sabrina. Now her identity was exposed, and Sabrina found her life in danger. Now – Sabrina must find a way to stay out of the sights of the mafia until the reality of her article led to the takedown of this smuggling ring.

With her
AJ
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

I lost myself in this book! Devney Perry has taken us Back to Prescott, Montana, for the fourth addition to her Jamison Valley series, giving us an intriguing, heartfelt story with a beautiful, slow-burning love story. The last book of the series, The Lucky Heart, gave us a hint of what we are in for with this book, with a bit of build up taking place, however this one can be read as a standalone – just know that characters from previous books do appear – and I loved Sabrina’s journey,
excited 1 4 Sep 03, 2017 09:58AM

• Pack Hunter (Were Chronicles, #8)
  • The Skeleton King (Dartmoor, #3)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
  • Revenge (White Collared, #3)
  • Wicked Intentions (Wicked Games, #3)
  • The Phoenix Candidate (Grace Colton #1)
  •  Angel on Fire (Angel Investigations)
  • Gifts (The Killers #3)
  • Dangerous Secrets
  • Love At Last
  • Hybrid (The Healer #2)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Miracle (Pagano Family, #6)
  • Shiver (Romance on the Edge, #3)
Devney is the USA Today bestselling author of the Jamison Valley series. Born and raised in Montana, she loves writing books set in her treasured home state. After working in the technology industry for nearly a decade, she abandoned conference calls and project schedules to enjoy a slower pace at home with her husband and two sons. Writing one book, let alone many, was not something she ever expe ...more

Jamison Valley (6 books)
  • The Coppersmith Farmhouse (Jamison Valley, #1)
  • The Clover Chapel (Jamison Valley, #2)
  • The Lucky Heart (Jamison Valley, #3)
  • The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley, #5)
  • The Candle Palace (Jamison Valley, #6)
“No man would ever hold me this well.
I was made to be wrapped in these arms.
Beau’s embrace said all that and more.”
6 likes
“A woman could tell a lot by the way a man holds her. She could tell if he had the strength to endure the rougher moments. If he had a mighty yet kind heart. If he could make her feel safe and cherished. Beau’s embrace said all that and more.” 2 likes