Start by marking “All the Tomorrows” as Want to Read:
All the Tomorrows

All the Tomorrows

Sometimes we can’t escape the webs we are born into. Sometimes we are the architects of our own fall.

Akash Choudry wants a love for all time, not an arranged marriage. Still, under the weight of parental hopes, he agrees to one. He and Jaya marry in a cloud of colour and spice in Bombay. Their marriage has barely begun when Akash embarks on an affair.

Jaya cannot contempla
Published November 6th 2017 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about All the Tomorrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Tomorrows

Amy Buckle / Amy's Bookshelf
This story begins with Jaya and Akash; two people forced into an arranged marriage for their parents' benefit and reaping the consequences for the lack of love between them. As the novel begins, Jaya suspects that Akash is cheating, and only a little later discovers that she is correct. What ensues afterwards is a whirlwind of complex emotion, irrational behaviour and ultimately two very broken people.

I liked the way the the author managed to deal with a taboo subject, and rather than just intru
Bianca Bowers
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If I had to sum up this book with a quote, I would quote the protagonist, Jaya:

“When I love, I don’t give up easily. That is my weakness, and maybe my strength.”

Jaya is a woman who has been burned by love - figuratively and literally. And the scars that deform her feet, skin, and mind manifest themselves most obviously by the way she relates to potential suitors and general social situations after she catches her husband cheating and makes a decision that forever changes the trajectory of her li
HeidiLynns BookReviews
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank Nillu Nasser for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

All The Tomorrows by Nillu Nasser was a book a book a little out of my comfort zone as the tone of the book was written from a different culture than I was used to reading. So, some of the wording and dialect were different than I am used to. Once I got past that I really enjoyed the story.

This book was dedicated to Jan who believed and who was patient.

This book had everything from arranged marri
Jessica Mitchell
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the tomorrows

It's always hard to read a author's work that you never read before. I was totally engaged in this story. The characters are very memorable. You definitely won't be forgetting their bouts in life and how a city like Bombay and traditions it holds scarce will shape their lives forever. An adventure I was proud to read for a change.

Jaya is a knowledgeable woman who has been to college and will continue her studies. She is excited to be married even if it's not a love match, but
C.E. Clayton
“All the Tomorrows” is a lovely dive into a culture I am unfamiliar with outside of popular movies and music. Nasser brings the reader immediately into an authentic portrayal of India with its buzzing streets, fragrant foods, beautiful clothing, and traditional Indian family values such as arranged marriages and daughters caring for their parents if they are unwed. You have to be willing to accept those cultural differences or Jaya’s subservient behavior to her cruel mother will immediately ange ...more
Melanie S
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Odysseus and Penelope transplanted to modern India?

Nillu Nasser's novel is a different take on the "love of a lifetime" story. Grounded in modern Indian culture and set in Mumbai, it chronicles roughly three decades in the lives of Akash, the husband, and Jaya his wife. Early in the marriage, Akash is unfaithful. When Jaya discovers him with his lover Saraya, her response is a spontaneous (and appalling) echo of the ancient Indian widow's custom of suttee -she sets herself on fire. Akash happens
Alison
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jaya is trying to make her arranged marriage to Akash work. She loves him, but he is cold towards her. When she discovers his affair, her reaction is horrific and extreme. Her recovery sees her grow in strength and she discovers her own mind, though she is haunted by her past and restricted by the constraints society places on women. Akash, however, is sent on a downward spiral, into the depths of the city, experiencing degradation, cruelty and shame.
This is an exceptional story; it covers so ma
Karen
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book introduces you to Jaya and Akash, brought together in an arranged marriage. Jaya does not feel loved and - finds out that Akash is having an affair.

With All the Tomorrows, Nillu Nasser has created a remarkable, well elaborated story - one plot line focussing on Jaya, one on Akash. It was easy to get into the story; the author guides you through the Indian setting while tenderly taking you closer to the characters and their lives. Jaya and Akash become very complex, likeable; their fami
Isis Ray-sisco
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an intense read. There was so much to the story. The plot was good. I wasn't sure I would like the book based on the description but I am always willing to give a book a try. I am glad I did because I couldn't put this one down. The characters are well rounded and real. I may not understand every decision that was made by Akash and Jaya but I can understand their struggles. I enjoyed the relationship between Jaya and her younger sister. I love the fact that she helped Jaya in her time o ...more
Martin Haworth
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this first novel from Nillu. It is impeccably written and has a great storyline which makes it a real page turner.

There are the ups and downs of any good novel and shares a really interesting backdrop of the culture of India. It gave me a wonderful insight into the country and the people in a real bird's eye view of family life.

There are twists and turns from the start to the very last page, so watch out for the unexpected! It is really easy to read, yet is able to stimulate thi
Helen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written. A story of spurned love, infatuation. Horror, hate, it is all there. At the end there is redemption but for such a short time. Jays and Akash. EAch of them went through 20 years of such deprivation of love and loss that you end up loving each of these characters despite a weakness that tore them apart. I really liked this book and how many of us lead a ragged and unloved life until a second chance comes along.
Richard Robbins
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the Tomorrows is a fascinating exploration of love and pain, as well as sibling relationships. The novel transports you to a well described vision of modern London, exploring the worlds of the haves and have nots. The book explores universal themes of loss and redemption, and is a most enjoyable read. I look forward to future works by this excellent author.
Bella
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A poignant and beautifully written story, and one that threads its way through some fascinating cultural and social norms and expectations with an inquisitive eye. Perhaps a little slow and loose in some small parts, but overall a great read.
vvb
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story sweeps you up into an Indian family drama with a melancholy tinge. It was interesting to learn about various ways of life in Bombay especially in regards to street living.
Ruth Phillips
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

A great book about love lost, friendship, and reconciliation with a lost love. Couldn't put the book down. So glad I "discovered" this author!👍👍
Kaila
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was interesting... its not my normal genre but overall it was really good.. it was fast paced.. had some mystery in it.. had some intrigue and so much more. i am glad i got to review it
Karen
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. The characters are well developed and there aren't too many to keep track of. I really cannot say more without giving away some of the story. I highly recommend.
Danette Newman
Feb 12, 2019
Sarah Morris
Sep 09, 2019
Shubhi
rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2018
Jun 18, 2018
Gabriele Zapletal
Apr 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Nillu Nasser is a writer of literary fiction novels. In March 2017 she signed a three book deal with Evolved Publishing. She also blogs, writes short fiction and poetry.

Nillu’s short story ‘Painted Truths and Prayer Beads’ was published in May 2016 in Mosaics 2: A Collection of Independent Women. Another short story ‘The Tombstone Man and the Coming of the Tigress’ was published in June 2016 in Un