Start by marking “Perros! Perros!/Dogs! Dogs!: A Story in English and Spanish” as Want to Read:
Perros! Perros!/Dogs! Dogs!: A Story in English and Spanish

Perros! Perros!/Dogs! Dogs!: A Story in English and Spanish

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Perro grande. Perro chico.
Big dog. Little dog.

Perro rápido. Perro lento.
Fast dog. Slow dog.

Brincando.
Jumping.

¿Adónde van?
Where are they going?

Come join the fun and enjoy the surprise.
Published August 29th 2006 by Greenwillow Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Perros! Perros!/Dogs! Dogs!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perros! Perros!/Dogs! Dogs!

Alxandra
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I'm an adult English speaker trying to learn Spanish. I'm just starting out, and the book taught me several new adjectives such as wide, narrow, clean, and dirty. I found myself looking at the pictures and pointing out each of the dogs that demonstrated the adjectives. Fun, repetitive drilling of vocabulary.

Of course, the book is very simplistic, but it was perfect for my current level of Spanish.
Laura Molinario
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Picture Book
Bi-lingual book
Marissa Hirst
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edrd-314
This book caught my attention being a story in English and Spanish. I am studying to be an ESL elementary teacher and this book is a perfect example for a young elementary student bridging over from Spanish to English or visa versa. The story itself is a simple but still keeps the interest of the reader, what young child doesn't love dogs anyways! But the fact that all the words are mirrored in both languages helps the student compare word for words. This book has four sentences maximum on a pag ...more
Lindsay
I have used this simple bilingual book for both Spanish and bilingual story time twice now for dog-themed programs. It has nice pictures, and it also teaches children opposites with text and illustrations. For example, one page talks about and shows dogs with straight hair and some with curly hair.

This story is a big hit with young children since it doesn't have many words, but it is a little boring for older kids.
Patricia
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm not a big dog fan, but this book has so many different kinds of dogs that it's very useful to use in teaching adjectives (big, little; up, down; wide, narrow; fast, slow; clean, dirty; wet, dry; black, white; smooth, curly) as well as verbs (barking, jumping). It has a simple, sing-song rhythm to it that my 1st grade students loved.
Katy Houseman
The dogs are running up and down all around town...but where are they going? The book is perfect for emergent readers and ELL`s. ELL`s can read the spanish sentences, and then read the English ones. It will help them recoginze English words and the different ways that we arrange our words in English. ...more
Joey Fong
Aug 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a bilingual story book in both English and Spanish. This would be a great book for not only bilingual English learners but for students who are learning Spanish. The book is a less intimidating approach for ELL's in learning sight words while having the courtesy of understanding what they mean through the Spanish translations as well as vivid imagery.
Satin
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pets, animals, bilingual
bilingual book that connects students to something they may know very well, dogs!
describes dogs through actions(splashing, barking, shaking, etc) which would be good for students struggling with verbs
Katie Scherrer
Jan 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Repetitive text useful for encouraging group participation. Because this author's books use simple bilingual text to introduce vocabulary, they can be somewhat boring, especially for an older group. This book is probably her most fun.
Leo
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
It started with one dog going up and going down and around the town. Good vocabulary exercise with words like arriba, abajo, por el pueblo. The children loved the ups and down and the additions of all the dogs and the big splash at the en. I will consider for future storytime.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Per Library of Congress Authorities site, ECIP change request: author name changed from Ginger Foglesong Guy to Ginger Foglesong Gibson.

Variants: Ginger Foglesong Guy and Ginger Guy.
More about Ginger Foglesong Gibson...