Start by marking “My Singapore Fling” as Want to Read:
My Singapore Fling

My Singapore Fling

Meet Dipa Basu. She’s a 30 something modern Bengali woman living in Kolkata and a successful writer. After many relationships and breakups, she’s decided that love is a waste of time. She’s always had these phases where she’s been obsessed with different things; like one where old men in dhotis appealed to her. But this time she’s crazy about men with British and Australia ...more
Kindle Edition
Published August 13th 2017 by Amazon Kindle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Singapore Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Singapore Fling

Ruchira Khanna
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story revolves around a 30 plus lady looking for love in the oddest of places, and that's when cupid strikes!
The incidents and plot is light hearted and entertaining. Narration was a little drag given the age and the reality of matters, but what mattered was there was a happily ever after!
Adite
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dipa Basu loves airports. And she has a preference for guys with either British or Australian accents. Travelling to Singapore for a holiday she decides a fling is the best way to get some romance in her life. Does she succeed in her mission? Author Sudesna Ghosh gives us a fun, heartwarming tale of Dipa's romantic escapades with plenty of laugh out loud moments.
Aarti Raman
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dipa and her friends are cute. Could they make better life choices, certainly. Is the book any less entertaining for it all NOPE. Also! How perfect is Pierre. Adorable with a capital A. Such a fun short read. Great job by the author.
Usha Narayanan
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A 30-plus single woman from Kolkata travels to Singapore with just one goal—to have a fling! Her specifications for the lucky man? A handsome guy with a sexy British or Australian accent. How difficult can that be? Quite difficult as she finds out, before life delivers a googly, changing her life in an altogether unexpected way. Shy Dipa, intense Dipa, at times weird Dipa—read the book to find out if she finds her happily ever after!

‘My Singapore Fling’ is a spirited, saucy tale oscillating bet
Ruchi Singh
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
'Cute and adorable' is the phrase which came to my mind as I turned the last page of 'My Singapore Fling'. I loved the whole premise and enjoyed the Singapore visit with Dipa. Love has a way of sneaking in one's life. Dipa is daring as well as a sweetheart and her beau... well, read the story to find out.

Recommended read for all romance lovers.
DALIP
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
If You Happen To Be An Incorrigible Romantic At Heart Then This Is Just The Book For You As You Are Bound To Relate Instantly With Both The Plot & The Story Telling And Everything About Dipa Basu Will Connect. For Me More Than Anything Else It Is The Sense Of Humour Of Dipa Basu & Smooth Wordplay Of Author SUDESNA (SUE) GHOSH That Makes This Book Worth Reading Especially It Happens To Be My Introduction To The Author...Could Not Have Possibly Chosen A Better Book To Discover The Works Of ...more
Nilima
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
#MySingaporeFling #Romance
Book Review: My Singapore Fling by Sudesna Ghosh

My Singapore Fling by Sudesna Ghosh is her first Romance novel. The title will pique your interest. It did for me. Lets get to know how this Fling was ;)

Dipa is a 30+ single Bengali Author whose parents have given up hope of getting her married. Dipa is a workaholic Author who survives on expensive coffee and has a long list of expectations of the guy who will be her mate. But after a series of failed relationships she has
Aparna
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
My Singapore Fling is a mix of humor and reality.

In India, as soon as a girl is born, parents start to worry about her marriage rather than her studies or her career. When the girl enters the marriageable age, parent’s anxiety is at peak. But what happens in the present scenario, where girls are educated and don’t want to “settle down” in their 20’s but maybe after their 30’s???

Dipa Basu is a 30+ Bengali girl who is still single but ready to mingle but has a list of terms and conditions which he
Sadhuvi
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
In this book, Author portrays the life of Dipa Basu, a successful Indian author, who visits Singapore and stays for around three days there with only one aim – She desperately wishes to have a “fling” there!!! Full story revolves around her search of a fling there and her attempts are really hilarious.. I laughed a lot while reading this book…

Dipa is a 30 something woman who is independent and has her own priorities in life..She likes travelling in aeroplanes and loves to spend time in airports
Sunita Saldhana
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
“After many relationships and breakups, she’s decided that love is a waste of time. She travels to Singapore for a few days, on a quest to have a fun, meaningless fling.” This is what the blurb said. I must admit it piqued my interest. It is something I always wished I had the guts to do. So I naturally wanted to know if Dipa had her fling.
Right from the beginning the book held my attention. It is easy to read. I finished it in one sitting, in about an hour and a half.
It is a light hearted read
Reshma Ranjan
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quick fun read.
An out and out entertainer. Now I guess I know what a Chick Lit is. Dipa’s desire to have a fling in Singapore, and her crazy criteria for it were fun! You must read to know what she wanted her fling to be like.
Dipa’s obsession for a great butt was hilarious. My own wicked self couldn’t stop from imagining them. It had a real take on friendship and the craziness it involved. The woes and troubles of an unmarried girl of thirty was humourous. I liked Dipa’s writer's crisis as wel
Amar Naik
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

Speaking your heart out is many times not the accepted norms. Rather adjustment is what is preferred to societal norms in many stages of life. But Author Sudesna Ghosh has woven a nice story of Dipa whose love for airports and guys with british/american accents leads to interesting romantic tales with plenty of hilarious twists. a good read
Anupriya
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it to the T

I am a die hard romantic and just could stop reading it (even in the middle of a ring ceremony of a cousin) with every scene I was just visualising it made into a movie. I would love it too much.
Soumyajyoti Nandy
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and interesting

Not a fan of such novels, but thenwriting style was very good. Kept me hooked till the end without becoming too direct or any such thing. A good read
Angela Peixoto
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining book! I enjoyed reading it very much and I had a good laugh!
Preethi Venugopala
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Effortlessly entertaining. Loved the flow of the story. Dipa's commentaries about life and romance in general and her efforts to find a perfect fling was endearing and often hilarious.
Reet Singh
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this story - Dipa is a real pleasure to know. The entire Singapore trip is a romp rife with irreverent humor. I need more such wickedness...can't wait for Sudesna's next one.
Inderpreet Uppal
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Singapore Fling takes Dipa to foreign shores for an affair that she assures herself is the best solution of all her love problems. She flies to Singapore and spends her days in luxury and splurging. A weekend of pampering and decadence as she searches for a fling in #MySingaporeFling. Someone to make her forget the silly men who have not valued her in the past relationships.

Initially, Dipa relaxes and goes about her trip, chatting with her girlfriends and hopes to find a super hot British guy
Bahubali
Kalyan Dutt Roy
Mar 09, 2019
Arti
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dipa is funny and the author has portrayed her beautifully. Her friends are ones that anyone would want. A light read written in simple English. The book is entertaining from the word go.
Dipannita
Pankaj Kanal
Nov 15, 2017
Vipula Sharma
Dec 26, 2018
Sudesna or Sue is an author based in India. When she isn't writing or reading, she is busy being a good parent to her adopted cats.