Start by marking “In the Twilight, in the Evening (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #6)” as Want to Read:
In the Twilight, in the Evening (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #6)

In the Twilight, in the Evening (Cheney Duvall, M.D. #6)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  813 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Cheney fights with the hospital staff of St. Francis for the fair treatment of San Francisco's undesirables. Cheney Duvall. MD book 6.
Published October 1st 1997 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about In the Twilight, in the Evening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Twilight, in the Evening

Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read my first novel by father and daughter! I love the character of Cheney Duvall, M.D. A female doctor in San Francisco! Her first position at a hospital and her friend who is an orphan and works along side of her, is looking for his real parents. It is an interesting story at a time when a female doctor is just barely being recognized as smart aside from being an emotional being. Cheney's biggest test at the time is to trust God and take it slow at falling in love. I look forward to more of th ...more
Jan 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Gilbert Morris is one of those "old favorite" authors for me. I have read his books since I was in high school. I enjoy them. They are light reading, rather formulaic, but interesting enough plots and characters.

This book was from the Cheney Duvall series - a medical drama with a bit of romance thrown in. I have read most of the books in this series, but I have read them over many years. after each one, I think, "This is just dragging on too long." But, several years will pass, and I will pick u
Angela Sellers
Jan 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this particular book. The details that the Morris' put are much appreciated. Cheney Duvall is a doctor, and I enjoyed how detailed Mr. and Mrs. Morris get in describing the treatments she performs on her patients. The developing love story captivated me, and left me wanting to read the next book in this series.
Ashley Carmichael
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I love the setting. I love the history. I love the introduction of Dr. Walker. Cheney takes a dive off the deep end and could use a humbling about 5 chapters earlier than she does. Still, the series is compelling and enjoyable and while Cheney does occasionally drive me a little crazy I do still like the overall concept behind the story.
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cheney-duvall-md

#mystery #historicalfiction #christianfiction #romance #19thcentury #adventure #cheneyduvallmdseries #postcivilwarera #lynnmorris #forgiveness #faith #1860s #orphans #familysearch #prejudice #racism #clippers #hospitals1860s #ambulances #barbarycoastsanfrancisco1860s #gumpssanfrancisco #sanfranciscochinatown #historicalsanfrancisco
joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire*
a witty, interesting addition to the series. nice clean fiction, a little light on substance but not overwhelmingly so. fascinating view of post-civil war san fransisco. terrible cover art, as usual.
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this series has me captivated!! I dunno why.. maybe cause its so sweet! I'm going through these so fast cause I read every moment I can but I'm so sad cause I'm almost done with it! :( I think I'll be able to re-read and re-read these again and again!
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Super good! This book was a little slower than the others in the series but, still good. Cheney performs a lot of medical operations but I like that. :^)
Jan 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved it and then realized it was a sequel and I didnt have the next book!!
Dec 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Really like this one! Did not like the cover illustration, though- dress did not look right for the period.
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series. In this book there was finally great attention given to Cheney's work in medicine.
I used to like this series a lot. It does have some funny moments/characters and interesting plot points, but it is also rather on the feminist and romantic side.
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Set in San Francisco, gives history of department stores that are discussed in this story. Is "Gump's" still there?
Tessa Palmeri
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! I'm re-reading it with my preteen daughter (who reads at a college freshman level according to a reading and comprehension diagnostic).
Stacy Fidler
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Out of all the other 5 books this 6th book is the one I am liked the most. I can't wait to start the next one.
Mary Ann
Finally Dr. Duvall actually spent the majority of this book performing a Dr.'s work. The mystery starts to become more clear as Shiloh seeks to find out who his parents were. A story well told!
Jul 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Jan 11, 2014
May 24, 2009
Mar 06, 2017
  • Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)
  • The Reluctant Bridegroom: 1838 (The House of Winslow #7)

Lynn Morris (born 1954) was a Christian fiction author. She was the daughter of Gilbert Morris and co-wrote with him on some of her books.

* Cheney Duvall, M.D. (with Gilbert Morris)
* Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance (with Gilbert Morris)
* The Creole (with Gilbert Morris)
* Omega (with Gilbert Morris an
More about Lynn Morris...

Cheney Duvall, M.D. (8 books)
  • The Stars for a Light (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #1)
  • Shadow of the Mountains (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #2)
  • A City Not Forsaken (Cheney Duvall, M.D. Series #3)
  • Toward the Sunrising (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #4)
  • Secret Place of Thunder: (Cheney Duvall, M.D. #5)
  • Island of the Innocent (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #7)
  • Driven With the Wind  (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #8)
“She is wonderful,” Cheney said a little breathlessly. “But I can see that long rides on her would be tiring. She doesn’t just walk along, does she?”
“No,” Shiloh said in a low tone, his eyes alight. “She dances.” He was staring directly at Cheney, and she lowered her eyes and blushed.”