Start by marking “Dwarves of Calcus (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #3)” as Want to Read:
Dwarves of Calcus (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #3)

Dwarves of Calcus

(Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #3)

When she was thirteen, Snow Sabbia crash landed on the dwarves' home planet of Calcus. After fleeing from her step-mother's huntsman, seven brother dwarves took her in to hide and protect her. She has hidden for years on the peaceful planet, tinkering with old automobiles and pushing papers in the mine office.
Then, Timothy White shows up.
The shy, nervous, nerdy heir captiv
Published March 6th 2018 by Curiosity Quills Press

Start your review of Dwarves of Calcus (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #3)
Sheila Goicea
1) Princess of Tyrone: ★★★★½

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
Taylor
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-author
Reviewed at my blog: Babbling Books
“Do you trust me enough to believe me when I say we could be magical together?”
We’re back to the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles and this time it’s all about Snow White. Katie Hamstead has managed yet again to take another classic fairytale and spin it in a way I’d have never imagined. The tale of Snow White gets an all new, completely inventive reimagining in this book and I can say that I enjoyed every minute of it!

This book was a super fast-paced re
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Thanks to Netgalley and Curiosity Quills Press for giving me this book to review.

Dwarves of Calcus is the third book in the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles, based of Snow White, but it is my least favourite so far. It was fast paced and really well written, but the story did not grab me, and the romance was way to fast, as one second they meet, the next they feel in love.

Snow is a good character and I liked how confident and smart she is but with normal faults like body image issues. My favourite c
Moa (The Reading Faery)
I have to say I was really disappointed with this book. I absolutely loved the first book, and enjoyed the second book, but this one just wasn’t for me. The pacing was too slow, although the ending felt rushed, and the romance was also very rushed. It didn’t feel realistic to me. And while I like the characters well enough, I couldn’t really bring myself to care about them. But I did like the take on the fairytale.

I wasn’t too fond of Snow.

She’s an interesting character, sure. She grew up on Cal
Minx
Do you love fairy tales, in particular the tale of Snow White? What about space operas? How about the idea of a retelling of Snow White but set in space? Did that idea grab your interest? Well I felt that same and I was excited to read Dwarves of Calcus, which is a retelling of the classic Snow White tale but with a twist. It is also the third book in the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles, a series that are interesting retellings of beloved classic fairy tales. This story starts out with Snow Sabbia a ...more
Jessica
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author Katie Hamstead has done it again; shared with us a solid futuristic fairy-tale re-telling. This time, the storyline centers around Snow White and her seven dwarves, while alluding to other characters and plotlines in her Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles.

As expected, Snow’s evil stepmother arranged for a huntsman to kill Snow when she was a young teenager, and she successfully ran away and fell in with some dwarves. Being that this is the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles, the dwarves have magic abil
G. Miki
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Snow White a street racer on the planet Calcus? Well...you might say so… And just as the Grimm Brothers classic has elements that fascinate and ring true in some dreadful family-drama sense, so Katie Hamstead’s take on the tale of a wicked stepmother intent on destroying the innocent young Snow turns here and there plotwise, taking many compelling, surprising twists.

But lest we forget, this story of dark, murderous intentions is also a romance.

Mining is the reason Timothy White comes to Calcus,
Shealea
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-review
Review to follow!

Actual rating: 2 stars
Katie Hamstead
eARCs available for request for anyone who has read the first two books.
Tania
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
We are not. The eternal loves that bloom at first glance I could appreciate them when I was a child and I did not understand many things but now as an adult I can't stand them except on rare occasions. The plot itself was not bad and I liked the fact that the male protagonist this time was a clumsy and shy man with a lot of glasses, not the usual perfect super cool, but apart from that I think I can't save much of this novel. For the most part, it got me nervous. I found everything too superfici ...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Bran Pendergrass
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-netgalley

Movie over Mario and Princess Peach! There is a new Street Racing Queen coming you a planet near you! A street savvy Snow White! Oh, YES! I think I am in love! This author did a fantastic job reimagining the classic fairytale! Even in the outer reaches of space, Snow’s Step-Mother seeks to ruin the good reputation of her innocent charge and have her murdered! What she didn’t expect was Snow to fall in with magically inclined Dwarves! Because yeah why wouldn’t they have superpowers? Pff. Ther
Emily Turner
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story!

I had no doubts this book was going to be amazing. The book was awesome, can’t wait for # 4
Louisa
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading this book! It was a great take on Snow White, and I loved these characters and their relationships! So great to read! Can't wait for book 4!
Anna lost in stories *A*
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fantasy
This is the third installment in a fantasy-ish series with some very unique twists, but worry not if you haven't read the first two... because I have, but I remember very little of them, and I still enjoyed this new story very much, so it can work as a standalone as well :) I did catch some references to certain characters and such, but since I forgot most of the details, I can honestly say that you don't need that knowledge to enjoy this one ;) that being said, I still highly recommend you to g ...more
Leticia
I received this book from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review.

As much as I wanted to like this story, it honestly didn't click for me as the other two stories had. The pacing was all over the place and the romance was really rushed. A month and married is a bit much.

Snow White
Snow White's character started off so awesome. Racing her car and having the typical body image issues. I was thrilled to see how human she was and relatable. I definitely enjoyed the connection she had with Tim
Linnae
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Mar 12, 2018
Anna
Mar 13, 2018

• The Book of Secrets (The Last Oracle #1)
Born and raised in Australia, Katie's early years of day dreaming in the "bush," and having her father tell her wild bedtime stories, inspired her passion for writing.
After graduating High School, she became a foreign exchange student. Now she lives in Arizona with her daughters and their dog.
She has a diploma in travel and tourism which helps inspire her writing.
When her debut novel, Kiya: Hope o

Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles (3 books)
  • Princess of Tyrone (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #1)
  • Myths of Mish (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #2)