Start by marking “Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K2SO (2017) #1” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K2SO (2017) #1

Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K2SO (2017) #1

(Star Wars: Marvel One-Shots)

Cassian Andor is one of the top intelligence agents in the ranks of the Rebel Alliance, ably assisted by his reprogrammed Imperial security droid, K-2SO. But naturally, the two weren't always on the same side of the Galactic Civil War. Now, for the first time, read the story of the pair's first contentious meeting! It is very likely not to go well.
Published August 9th 2017 by Marvel

Start your review of Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K2SO (2017) #1
Al Young
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Good, bad or otherwise (and probably all three), I missed the Marvel Star Wars comic launch.

This at least is a low commitment book- a 40 page one shot written by one of my favorite comic writers Duane Swierczynski (confusingly labelled by Marvel as Issue #1, one suspects for extra sales).

I am not a huge fan usually of One Shots, Annuals, etc, because there is only certain room which to work.

Swierczynski does produce what I would consider a well done One Shot. The action is lively and works well
Chloe
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I am not the biggest Star Wars fan, I absolutely adored Rogue One, and it might just be my favourite Star Wars film ever. And, like many others, my favourite characters were Cassian and K-2SO, so I just could not resist this comic when I first saw it.

The plot of this comic is how the Rebel Alliance pilot, Cassian Andor first come across the Imperial security droid K-2SO, and it is just as turbulent as you would expect. As this is only a short comic, there is not a great to talk about,
Spencer
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun comic, the writing captured the characters perfectly and the dynamic between them was really enjoyable to read. The story was simple but effective and the art complimented the story brilliantly.
Lance Shadow
Another Star Wars comic to add to my shelf of reviews. While C-3PO: The Phantom Limb served as a one shot comic book to tie into The Force Awakens, Duane Swierczynski's "Rogue One: Cassian & K-2SO" serves the same purpose for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Let's get some context before we move on.

I think Rogue One is an overrated movie. Do I like it? Absolutely- the story, visuals, and action across the board is awesome. But is it REALLY as good as Empire Strikes Back because Darth Vader made
Neil R. Coulter
I'm a big fan of Rogue One, and I love reading more about those characters. This one-shot graphic novel tells the story of how Cassian and K-2SO met. It's not a terrible book, but I didn't feel that Cassian's dialogue was completely Cassian-like. It's generic enough to fit a number of other SW characters. K-2SO dialogue is always fun to read, and he has some good moments.

Though Cassian's other spy sidekicks are fairly bland (and, apparently, disposable), it's an interesting idea: characters who
Jaime K
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE the title page! It is so "Rogue One."

A neat one-shot on how Cassian found and reprogrammed K-2 (along with some bumps along the way).
Steven Shinder
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story about how Cassian reprograms K-2SO is pretty much what one would probably expect, but it wasn't bad. Definitely a better one-shot droid tale than The Phantom Limb. I like the artwork for the most part, although there is a panel of running stormtroopers that looks weird. The addition of aliens who communicate through scent was a really creative choice. And some of the K-2SO humor is present. I'm kinda split on how I feel about where his kill switch is located, but overall this issue is ...more
Brandon St Mark
Not gonna lie, this was kinda a dissapointment. K2 wasn't as funny as he was in the movie, and I don't care about Cassian really so the fact that this followed him didn't help my enjoyment any. In hindsight I wouldn't pay 5 dollars for this.
Jim C
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a one shot issue that takes place before Rogue One. This one tells the initial meeting between Cassian and K-2SO. When they first met, K-2SO was on the side of the Imperials.

This was a quick read that has very little consequence. We all knew that K-2SO was in servitude to Imperials but now is with the Rebel Alliance. There wasn't much to the incident of how his programming was changed. K-2SO stole scenes in the movie with his humor. In this comic, the humor did not show until the end. I
Ben
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading this as a lead in to watching Rogue One was not particularly fruitful. K2-SO is not as interesting as he is in the movie. His origins are cool, and Cassian is a good character. The story here is decent, but nothing special. I intend to check out the Rogue One TBP and see what is there.
Nessa Luna [October Tune]
Honestly, I did really like this, but I really just wished Cassian had gotten his own comic series rather than just a 40-page comic. He definitely deserves that, and I hope that they realise that in the future.
Mariah
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was reading everyone's reviews and most of the disappointment came from the fact that KTSO wasn't as funny as the movie. I mean this is only 40 pages so I wasn't expecting the same exact KTSO from Rogue One.

The story itself is pretty self explanatory. We know that KTSO was re programmed by the rebellion, and this comic just details that story a little more. I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind having more comic series detailing Cassian and KTSO and their missions together. That's a story I would
James Lawner
*3.5*

Now this was a better Star Wars one-shot, but this could easily have been a miniseries. I loved how quickly K2SO became the Sass Queen we all know and love, but I personally thought that K2 would’ve been reprogrammed differently, here Cassian just turned him off and on again and that’s how K2 changed.

Overall, a fun little Star Wars comic, but there could’ve been more to it, however I am glad to see a backstory for K2SO.
Julie
I was really looking forward to this, and it was okay, but it seemed really short and didn't impart a whole heck of a lot of information. Maybe they'll do a novel or a longer series down the road to get more out of these characters.
Joss
Cute introduction to the pair. The humor is good, and almost as well-written as what came out of the movie between the two of them. The story is not very complicated, and it efficiently brings Cassian & K-2SO together.
Keara
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 1-owned, 2017
a bit boring, pretty disappointed this is only a one-shot since I think k2 and Cass have way more story to explore. however, I do love these characters and I loved learning a little bit more about them.
Martijn Van
This is the second one-shot story comic in the new Star Wars canon. It focuses on the first meeting between Cassian and K-2SO and that's really all there is to this. Like a deleted scene from Rogue One got changed into a seperate comic. Not that bad, but it surely is forgetable.
Garrett
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
I read this in the back of the Rogue One graphic novel adaptation, but I didn't read the adaptation itself because I saw the movie.

Why would I bother with the comic when I saw the movie?

But this add-on was good!
Mrklingon
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars, comics
Nice back story for "Rogue One"

Enjoyable adventure giving the origin story for the Andor / K2S0 partnership; I hope there are more to come, I'm sure there is potential for a lot of stories.
Ahdom
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun tale of how Cassian met K2SO. There wasn't alot to the story, but it gives us just a little backstory.
Jason
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This was really good! Loved the background on how they met.
Matthew Bane
This wasn't that bad of a story. I like K2-S0 so I smiled while reading it.
Elizabeth
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short & sweet - if you stumble across it and love Star Wars it’s worth snagging!
Sam W.
A great story about the 1st time K-2SO and Cassian met.
maddy max.
Two stars because of Cassian and K-2SO - my babies.
Lola
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
K2 FTW
Christopher Lutz
Maybe my favorite Star Wars comic of the new Marvel era. Just plain fun. It adds a lot of depth to both Cassian and K2-SO.
Mark Nevitt
I found this a very interesting read. A good little introduction in to the relationship between Cassian Andor & K-2so .
Brandon
If rogue one is summed up by the crawler of ep I, this is summed up by its own title. Two stars for semi-intersting new species.
Kami
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
- This was a very strange and very short intro to these two characters.

- Cassian and K-2SO should have their own book. I hope it is coming sometime.

- I can't believe this is just one issue. I want to know more!

• Star Wars: The Last Jedi - The Storms of Crait #1
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
  • Star Wars, Vol. 9: Hope Dies
  • Star Wars: Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
Duane Swierczynski is an American crime writer who has written a number of non-fiction books, novels and also writes for comic books.

Star Wars: Marvel One-Shots (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Star Wars: Vader Down #1