Start by marking “Murder of a Good Man (Piney Woods Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder of a Good Man (Piney Woods Mystery, #1)

Murder of a Good Man

(Piney Woods Mystery #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  32 ratings  ·  16 reviews
When Nora Alexander arrives in Piney Woods, Texas, to fulfill her dying mother’s last wish, she has no idea what awaits her. First she is run off the road, then the sealed letter she delivers turns out to be a scathing rebuke to the town’s most beloved citizen and favored candidate for Piney Woods Pioneer: Adam Brockwell. Next thing you know, Adam has been murdered in a na ...more
Published January 15th 2018 by Camel Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder of a Good Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder of a Good Man

really liked it 4.00  ·

LORI CASWELL
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Secrets, lies, and a murder. Piney Woods is nothing like Nora Alexander ever imagined, but people thinking she killed Adam Brockwell is just plain crazy. Her mother seems to have had a past with the man, but she never mentioned the man to Nora. Why would she want him dead? Well, the plot thickens when the will is read and even the handsome police chief Tuck Watson thinks she may have done it and has told her not to leave town. To be able to stay she gets a job at the Tunie Hot
Lesa
I liked the first mystery in Teresa Trent's new Piney Woods series. I really did, and I hope to read the next book. But, her stereotypes and comment about a senior really bothered me when I realized how old the character was. And, neither the author nor the amateur sleuth are young enough to make these comments. More about this later. If the comments won't bother you, you might enjoy Murder of a Good Man.

Nora Alexander was surprised with her dying mother's last request. She asked her to deliver
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
An intriguing start to a new series set in the Piney Woods of East Texas. And since I have family in East Texas, I felt like I was right at home.

Nora is a strong and independent woman that is on one last mission for her mother, to bring a letter to a man in this small Texas town. However, less than 24 hours later he is murdered and Nora is the prime suspect. And as with all cozies, she has to uncover the truth as to who murdered Adam Brockwell and clear her name.

There are quite a few interesting
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this novel to be entertaining and a darn good murder mystery as well. A young woman strives to fulfil her Mother's last request of delivering a letter by hand to a person in Texas that the young woman never has heard of.

Having become homeless and jobless upon her Mother's passing, our heroine is ready to find a new life. Which is good as the receiver of the letter is found murdered the next morning and Nora Alexander finds herself the prime suspect.

This story is filled with revelations
Laura Reading
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Family secrets abound in this small town novel. Nora has one last thing to deal with before her old life comes to its conclusion and she begins again. She has no idea why her mother wants a letter hand delivered. As life takes unexpected turns for Nora and secrets unfold, she repeatedly wonders why her mother could not just have mailed her last letter.
Characters who you want to like while not knowing who you can trust.
Characters who you want to dislike, but you see they have redeeming value.
Not
Jessica Robbins
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
 Gigi Ann
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts...

I haven't read a cozy mystery for a while, but this book showed me why I love cozies. It was a wonderful cozy read with a lot more going on than just a murder investigation. It is full of some great characters, and is not so devoted to solving the mystery that it forgets to be about the people. I really liked that the characters were well developed and likable, that made it such a delightful story to read. A real page turner for me from the beginning to the end.

This is the first b
Sherry Lynn
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off . . . I was reeling right along with Nora about all the secrets!

It was a little predictable because Nora's mom on her deathbed asks Nora to deliver a letter to a man she never told Nora about.

As soon as I realized who the man was...he's age etc. I realized
he was Nora's father. But the secrets don't stop there. And, I can't say more because I just can't 'spoil it'!

And that is where 'predictable' ended. I promise if you a fan of a good Cozy you'll love this Cozy. You might just have a
Cassidy
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this enjoyable mystery, Nora travels to a quaint Texas town where she is soon entangled in a murder investigation and uncovers an abundance of secrets about her mother’s past and the past of the town’s favorite man and benefactor. With the help of local B&B owners and the hotel owner, Nora draws on her inner strength to cope with the challenges she faces. Her interactions with Tuck add a potential romantic interest to her life, which I suspect will be a thread in future books in the serie ...more
Claudia Cheyne
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Nora Alexander is alone since her mother recently passed away. On her death bed Kay asked her daughter to deliver a letter to a man in Texas. That same man is found stabbed to death within hours of reading the letter. Nora discovers family members in Piney Woods she never realized existed. Her mother kept many secrets, including her first name and the fact that she grew up in this town.
I enjoyed Trent's book. It was a quick read with lots of characters and many possible suspects. But it seemed
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
This story has a great vibe to it and fits the cozy mystery category perfectly. It starts off with a doozie of a murder to solve, but as Nora investigates juicier small-town secrets come to light making it much more than just that. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the twists in the story, some I did not even see coming. All of the characters were well-developed and each added their own touch to the story. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good cozy mystery.
Llaph
Reviewer for Coffee Time Ro
InD'tale Magazine
"Murder of a Good Man" will have readers grasping at any loose straw to try to understand the motive behind killing “the nicest guy in town.”

Read full review in the 2017 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Sherry
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hidden Secrets!

Glad I took a chance on this first book in a new series. It caught my interest from page 1. While being an intriguing murder mystery, it’s also a heartwarming story with so many hidden secrets & just a touch of paranormal overtones. Looking forward to book 2!
Doris Ware
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good mystery. I read this book on my Kindle.
Amy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great kick-off to a new series!
Llaph
I really enjoyed this story and wouldn't mind seeing what comes next in Piney Woods.
Debbie
Ash Kudva-shanbhag
Feb 10, 2018
DEBI
Feb 20, 2019
Teresa Trent writes hilarious cozy mysteries that take place in the small towns of Texas. She was first inspired to create Pecan Bayou after visiting the Texas Hill Country to view the millions of springtime flowers alongside the roads and highways.
Teresa also writes the Piney Woods Series with Camel Press and debuted the first book in the series January 2018.
Teresa also features other cozy auth

Piney Woods Mystery (2 books)
  • A Sneeze to Die For (A Piney Woods Mystery Book 2)