Start by marking “Reflejos” as Want to Read:
Reflejos

Reflejos

(Bannions #1)

Una vida entera persiguiendo sus sueños le había dejado a Lindsay Dunne poco tiempo para el amor. Hasta que conoció a Seth Bannion, un arquitecto irresistible y tío de una talentosa bailarina, y ambos decidieron aliarse para procurarle a la joven un brillante futuro. Lindsay se había propuesto enseñar a Ruth Bannion a canalizar toda su pasión en el ballet, pero lo que no

Published August 1st 2017 by Harlequin, una división de HarperCollins Ibérica (first published June 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Reflejos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reflejos

Start your review of Reflejos
Jacob Proffitt
Originally published in 1983, this has to be one of Roberts' first romances. Given the era and how early in her career this came, it's remarkably good. That said, it's not great.

Lindsay was fun to spend time with. I really liked her and how certain she is of her goals and what she wants to do with her life. I particularly like that she's willing to stand in the teeth of her mother's ambition for her and I found that remarkable and illuminating of her character.

Seth is a great big glumphing
TC
Far from one of her best, but it was written early in her career. The narrator was painful to listen to, she sounded like she was reading to kindergarteners.
Jess
I never think I like this one that much, because I think the second Bannion book is a lot better, but this was a pretty enjoyable reading experience, and that's basically all I want from an old category of Nora's. Her dancers are so good.
Kay
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
Paraphrodite
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2014
Another oldie from Nora Roberts in the ballet world. I found Seth too much of an enigma for the love story to be convincing.
Lariza Agius
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fantastic read! I dance ballet and reading about another ballerina chasing her dream is absolutely phenomenal. This is my first Nora Roberts book and I really had fun reading it. I recommend this to everyone because it's exhilarating!
Stephanie Jenkins Ortiz Cerrillo
This book is a very sweet read about love, romance and happily ever after. It also gives insight into the hard, often painful and disciplined world of dancers and what they have to give up to become professionals in the world of dancing. The career of being a professional dancer usually has a very short window of time for being one of best or just making enough money to support oneself therefore they have to live and breath dancing while it lasts. This book also touches on the fact that bad ...more
Tiffany S
2.5 ... definitely a romance from the 80s. it’s one I read a LONG time ago in the bind of version of both Bannion stories. I only read this to remind myself I had, but also because I loved the other story in that bind up of Nick and wanted the refresher of his back story. ...more
Smriti Brar
Typical Nora Roberts feel good romance. Ideal for a lazy winter read.
Becky
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An earlier book of the author. How far she has come. A shorter story of a prima ballerina called home from her life and career following an accident that took her father and severely injured her mother. Now caring for her mother Lindsey opens a ballet studio in her home town. Suddenly she finds herself in a rainstorm almost run over and falling in a puddle. Hovering over her is a rude, handsome man, Seth. Finding out soon that he the guardian and uncle of a soon to be remarkable ballerina. There ...more
Trista Blair
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading this one years (I won't admit how many) ago. The Bannions are a favorite of mind and I especially loved Nicky Davidov. Reading it again, with this new mindset of seeing how NR evolved over time made it feel new again. I did wish I could beat both Seth and Lindsay over the head for failing to communicate, but other than that the characters remain well written, the story, although a bit over dramatic in places - especially Lindsay's one night only mentality, and the ending was ...more
Peni
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listen, contemporary
I first read this story a very long time ago. It was so memorable that just seeing the name brought back the whole story. Now, having listened to it, I know why. It is just that good. The characters are likeable and easily related to. There are fun moments, poignant moments, angry and hurt moments, and then of course joyous and triumphant moments. This story is well worth experiencing.

I'm on to Ruth's story.
Veronica
Every time I pick one of Nora Roberts’ old category romances, I’m blown away by how much she can fit into effectively a novella. Is she in her prime here? No. It’s a “ballerina meets wealthy architect” story that lacks some of her later signature themes (the deep friendships, the fascinating dives into unusual careers), but if you’re going to read a “ballerina meets wealthy architect” story this is where to go.
Maria
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I found this book a bit boring, but once I started reading I pushed myself to finish it. I don't like stopping halfway through. The fact that I am not into ballet or dancing may not have helped, but I did not like the story in general. Most of the times I felt that it was going nowhere. It took me two months to finish this book which could have been read in a week or less. The ending is okay, but too obvious, of course.
Kathleen ShortRidge
How can you go wrong with Nora Roberts? You can't! Simple as that. Her characters take you into a world you never want to leave and make you crave for more. The stories are set in worlds you learn about while feeling like you are there. You smell the smells and feel the heat and cold of the weather.
This is a keeper for me and a reread for sure.
Vanessa Girard
Jan 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing

This did not feel like a Nora Roberts book. The storyline was dull, the characters were boring and unrelatable, and the dialogue was weak. Nora Roberts is my favorite author, but this book fell short. The writing was amateur and fell far beneath the bar for this author.
Ashley Christensen
Mostly, this book was fine. Not as good as Nora now, but sufficient.
There was only one issue I had, which is an issue I have with a lot of her books, which is drama for drama sake at the very end, to get that one final romance conflict. Plus, Seth came off like a complete jack ass.

But I still at least liked this one, and that's something.
Jayce
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I would love this one as much as I’ve loved others by her but I just didn’t. It felt so instalove to me. I feel like we didn’t learn anything of Seth’s background or of him in general. It felt so forced to me. Overall, I was disappointed and it was not one of my favorites.
Ann T Lanoux
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again a fave!

I’ve read this book more than once over the years, love the story. The introduction to Ruth and nick is wonderful! The way they overlap eventually with the stanislaskis does not disappoint.
Mandi Lynn
One of my favorite old Nora Roberts books. I think I like it because it introduces the reader to Nikolai Davidoff- a secondary character who gets center stage in the companion book. It’s a cute, quick romance read and leads well into the sequel book.
Phylisha Stone
Good older read by Nora Roberts.
Tonya Lucas
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sparked my love for reading again after going 2 decades not reading. A wonderful book of love and happy ever after.
Marge
Holds up pretty well for being published so long ago.
Irene
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked reading about ballet and the love story between Lindsay and Seth . Nice short read.
Jeannette foncannon
Life behind the curtain

A true look into the life of a dancer. Not all applause and bows. Must be read by any dancer at heart.
Michelle
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was not my kind of story. It was really good and refreshing. Nice to learn about the passion of dancing .
Brenda Allen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Reah Holland
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Betty
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, cds-in-car
UGH... strong woman, rude man ... happily ever after. I really like Nora Roberts writing abilities, I'm not fond of the plots themselves.

Bannions (2 books)
  • Dance of Dreams (Bannions, #2)