Start by marking “Under the Boardwalk” as Want to Read:

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  175 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Beneath the famous Brooklyn landmark, love is hidden but not denied:

Kindle Edition, Landmarks, 170 pages
Published August 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Under the Boardwalk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Boardwalk

R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Hearts

If you want something sweet and short with a good dash of sexy, then check this out!

This starts off with Alexi, an endearing character who’s quiet and unassuming and basically a dreamer. Alexi desires to leave his family’s frozen custard business for adventure and worries his traditional Russian relatives won’t understand why. He also fears his family wouldn't understand or accept his sexuality and thus, he’s just anxious to finish college so he can start exploring all that is beyond B
Karen
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review to follow soonish but in the meantime here's something to entertain yourself with...

and here's my review...

Alexi Kharpov works at his family’s frozen custard stand on Coney Island, but he dreams of travel and a world that he’s never seen until the day he sees a gorgeous man standing in front of his family’s stand sinding like an angel. Than his dreams start to include the beautiful man who’s captivated Alexi’s attention and his heart.

Cameron Ma
Debra
Originally reviewed at Sinfully.

If the title alone doesn’t have that iconic song by The Drifters running through your head, I guarantee it will be at some time during this story. Felice Stevens brings the Coney Island boardwalk to life in this romantic story. Even if you’ve never been there, you’ll have no trouble picturing it as Alexi and Cam fall in love under the boardwalk, down by the sea (okay, so it’s the Atlantic Ocean but that doesn’t fit with the song).

I was hooked from the Pro
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Under the Boardwalk by Felice Stevens is a New Adult coming of age story set in Coney Island, New York. Two young men with very different upbringings spent one summer noticing the other and hoping to make contact and the next summer actually acting on the attraction. I enjoyed this book a lot, but given it was a novella at times I felt the story was a bit rushed and would have liked more time for these two characters to really get to know one another as their relationship went from zer
Cadiva
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5*

I'm not sure just what it was which stopped this one from being a higher rating but I just didn't really get into it.

It's beautifully written, as I'd expect from Felice, but I just wasn't bothered about either of the MCs which is totally on me and not on the quality of the story.

The setting is glorious, I could see, hear and smell the boardwalk, the sea, the heat of the beach, but I never connected to either Alexi or Cam.

#ARC received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased revi
Felice Stevens
Aug 08, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-book
Sweet Summer Romance at its hottest.
Under the Boardwalk is Live
#Landmarkseries
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2un2MDj
Pre-order: iBooks: http://apple.co/2wFJKZE
Pre-Order: Kobo: http://bit.ly/2vMPy7c
BWT (Belen)
This was actually just a really sweet, low angst (surprisingly) romance.

Sure, there's a bit of emotion that's kicked up by Alexi coming out to his family once he falls for Cam, but I was really happy that Felice Stevens didn't drown out the romance aspect of this.

Because this is such a short story, the narration was less than 4 hours, it needed to focus on the romance and it did. This is helped by both Cam and Alexi providing their POV. Sure, it's insta-love and everything happens very quickly
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

I'm... not sure how to rate this.

I was hesitant to try this one, to be honest, because I just had an inkling that it wouldn't be to my tastes, but since I've never tried a Felice Stevens book before and I ADORE Nick J. Russo I figured I'd give it a go.

I'm not quite sure what to say about this one.

It isn't my taste, if I'm being perfect honest. I need a slow-burn romance and I prefer all sex to be after the 40-50% mark, and this book basically skirts instalove. I wouldn't pick it again, but th
Lelyana's Reviews
Some stories are worth melting for.
This was what happened to me soon as I finished this 'custard' story of Cam and Alexi.
I loved how easily they're fit into each other's life after decided that finally two summers is enough.
Enough of wanting, enough of just seeing each other from afar, enough the cowardice to say hello.
It's a story of a 'not a love at first sight', love at first sight.
Soon as they talked, they're clicked, like a soulmates click. And I couldn't be more happier that Alexi somehow
Janielle Kerridge
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Felice Stevens really knows how to draw you in as a reader. Your characters are so well thought through and the way you incorporate the best of New York with all your landmark identification is very nostalgic. Being from New York, it is always so fun for when a place is mentioned that you can totally identify with where it is and the atmosphere there. I just love how that also becomes a character in your books.

If you are looking for a very sweet romance story about the power of love then this is
Dawn
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Another sweet, heart-warming romance by Felice Stevens. Being a novella, it was amazing how such a short story still felt so complete. Partly because the connection was quick but not insta love since they had been admiring each other for awhile.
Something about a beach setting makes it so romantic. Walks at night on the beach holding hands and kissing under the boardwalk are my kryptonite. Sigh. Cam and Alexi are such a sweet couple. I built a connection despite the short time I spent with them.
books are love
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had me cry. A good cry. We have to absolute sweetheart of men trying to deal with what is holding them back and find strength in the other to go forward. They fall in love at the worst time for both and the best time as well. How can it be both?

Well for Cam it helps him come to the realization that he wants more and wants his voice. that he can be the rock for someone and find what is missing in his life now that being a Opera singer is gone. He sees his chance with Alexi to be strong
Michael
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book!!!

The Landmarks Series is shaping up to be one of the best on the market. The series, co-written by Kade Boehme and Felice Stevens, centers around well known New York City landmarks, and the lives and loves of the men that frequent these places. Each book is a stand-alone. You don’t need to read each one in order to get the full scope of the story, and they can be read in any order.

Felice populates all of her books with real people, and “Under the Boardwalk” is no exception.

Alexi
Tanja
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Felice Stevens added another jewel to her already extensive repertoire of treasures. She has a way of writing that pulls me into her stories, time and time again. If I start one of her books there is no way I can put it down before I have finished it.
This book is no exception. It isn’t a long story but leaves an impact nonetheless. She created two lovely characters in Alexi and Cam. Alexi is the sweet, shy guy who dreams of bigger things than his home town. Cam has been there, done that. Further
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Under The Boardwalk by Felice Stevens is a quick, sweet and extremely endearing read! Alexi & Cam were just adorable. I wanted to climb in the book and squeeze them. This is a story about falling in love, following your dreams, growing up and taking control of your life. It's based in Coney Island, New York. Being a child from Brooklyn and spending my childhood there, Felice did a fabtastic job in transported me. She nailed the essence of this magical place. I could practically tas
Jay
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance, audible
In written format alone, Under the Boardwalk by Felice Stevens would be a beautiful love story. Add in the narration of Nick J. Russo, and the collaboration hits it out of the park. This is a coming of age story for two young men from vastly different backgrounds and set at Coney Island in New York.

Alexi Kharpov and his family left their Russian homeland in search of a better life, although his family is stuck in the “traditional” ways. Alexi is being raised in a loving and close knit family, h
Chris
4.5 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Beneath the famous Brooklyn landmark, love is hidden but not denied:

All his life, Alexi Kharpov has dreamed of traveling to unknown exciting places instead of working at his family’s frozen custard stand on the famous Coney Island boardwalk. Every year is the same until a gorgeous man picks a spot in front of his stand to sing, captivating him with his beautiful voice. After two summers of listening, it might finally be time for him to cross that boardwalk and take
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
5 Stars!!!

Alexi comes from a very conservative Russian family and works at their frozen custard stand on Coney Island's boardwalk. He's gay, but he dreads his family finding out for fear of their reactions. He's been crushing on the handsome man that sings in front of his stand for the last two summers, but he doesn't think he stands a chance with him.

Cam has been eyeing the gorgeous blond guy at the ice-cream stand and when they finally start talking, sparks fly between them. They grow closer
Barb ~rede-2-read~

This story is as sweet as the blurb makes it seem. In fact, it’s almost a bit too sweet. Definitely light and fluffy like the custard Alexy serves at his family’s Coney Island business to the handsome and talented boardwalk singer, Cam.

After two summers of checking each other out, Cam finally approaches Alexy to flirt. Before we know it, the two are under the boardwalk with their lunch, and then later with lips and hands as they explore what it means to be young, gay, and carefree on Coney Isla
Amanda
This is a short novella with a coming of age theme story. Alexis is a Russian but living in New York all his life. He long for adventure and seeing the world. Most importantly a chance to leave his family and be who he is. Cam had it all until a diagnosis dash his dreams of being a professional singer, now he is back with his family and singing under the boardwalk during the summer.

From their first conversation, it was pretty sweet and low key. Things progress naturally and there are minor drama
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
3.5 Stars

I usually love Felice’s work but this one felt too rushed to me…even the conversations between the main characters felt too rushed. There isn’t too much earth shattering here but it’s a decent enough story.

Alexi is closeted among his very close knit, traditional family. He’s also not very happy with being stuck working in the family business. He goes through quite a bit of personal growth and seems happy at the end of the book.

Cam has a secret of his own that took him a while to share
Katherine Bongo-bridge
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for an honest review for Feisty Bitches Book Blog.

My second Felice Stevens read and I enjoyed it as much as the first one. Loved both the main characters, Alexi and Cam and just the whole setting where this story takes place sounds amazing - I never knew that Brooklyn had a beach! It makes me want to go visit and step under the boardwalk!

Beautiful story, beautiful writing.......
"When I met you, I was drowning. I had dreams, but I didn't know where I was going...............Until
Jennifer Reilley
Under the boardwalk

Alexi works for his family at the custard shop on the boardwalk in the summer. He is in the closet and wishing for better things. He wants to experience life outside of NYC.

Cam works on the boardwalk as a singer. He has traveled and has had the experiences that Alexi is looking for.

These two have watched each other for yours until a leap of faith one day and they hit it off. Their friendship/relationship develops and is threatened when Alexi gets offered a chance of a lifetime
Avery Duran
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The recap lets you know what to expect from this book so I'll bottom line it. This book left me happy sighing with a cheesy grin on my face. I loved it!
Barbara Ingram
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved Alexi and Cam ❤ Full review to come! ...more
Katie Townsend
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Under the boardwalk was such a beautiful story

I fell in love with alexi and cam they stole my heart so much

I was hooked from page one I could not put there journey down

They were heartbreaking moments but also heartwarming moments too

Under the boardwalk will have a place in my heart for a long time

I really connected with Alexi and cam

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced copy of this book
Tracy Perry
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awwwwww.... I so loved this! It was sweet, hot & had a few bumps but I survived it after having a big cry, lol. I love Cam & Alex :). <3 . So loved the ending & of course I cried, but...yay, happy tears! A Must Read!!!
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

[Note: This is a longer review, posted August 14 when my post went only on my blog. I already had written a pre-review. Link to the review is now added.]

Fast and cute, these are two of the terms I would use to describe this book.

Felice Stevens know how to write a captivating story and although Alexi and Camden know each other only from occasionally glances when Alexi is working in his father's sales cart, delivering
Tina
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: musicians, romance, sweet

Sweet romance, nice read. :)
Marcia
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Felice has written yet another heart warming story about two people finding their happily ever after while finding themselves at the same time. Under the Boardwalk centers around the Brooklyn landmark Coney Island and tells the story of Cam and Alexi. Cam and Alexi have watched each other from afar for more than one summer, unbeknowst to the other, and Under the Boardwalk is the story of when these two finally decided to it was time to speak to each other, and everything that happened after thei ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I have always been a romantic at heart. I believe that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending around the corner, My characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

I live in New York City with my husband and two children and hopefully soon a cat of my own. My day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass or two of red wine

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement