Start by marking “Let There Be Love (Sled Dog #1)” as Want to Read:
Let There Be Love (Sled Dog #1)

Let There Be Love

(Sled Dog #1)

Lauren Dalton’s world shattered the day her father died. Now she’s willing to move four-thousand miles away from the only home she’s ever known in hopes of discovering the truth about his hidden past.

Shane Ramsey’s reputation says all anyone needs to know. He’s an amazing racer, but a terrible person. When an injury leaves him unable to work his dogs, he must swallow his p
Paperback
Published September 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Let There Be Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let There Be Love

Melissa Storm
Sep 12, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Coming September 19. I can't wait for you to read it!

Amazon Kindle ~ http://www.melstorm.com/LTBLove_Kindle
Apple iBooks ~ http://www.melstorm.com/LTBLove_iBooks
Barnes & Noble Nook ~ http://www.melstorm.com/LTBLove_Nook
Kobo ~ http://www.melstorm.com/LTBLove_Kobo
GooglePlay ~ http://www.melstorm.com/LTBLove_Google

Coffee&Books
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beauty and the Beast sprinkled throughout this wonderful book

Lauren and Shane....

Misty Beller
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story from Melissa Storm! You'll love Lauren immediately, and the way Shane warms up to her is heartwarming by the end. And, of course, any book that has a pack of dogs as characters must be good. :-) I definitely recommend!
The Book Worm
When I first heard of Let There Be Love, I expected it to be a nice, clean romance. Well, it was clean, no mature content to report. Nice? Not so much. Romance? Well, not really either. Amazon advertises it as paying tribute to the great literary tradition of Jane Eyre. Really? Please don't compare this with anything written by Charlotte Brontë.
There are only raving reviews on Amazon too, so I'm here thinking that I didn't read the same book as everybody else. For me there are too many wrong th
ShadowS
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am all about Contemp retellings of Beauty and the Beast. Throw in a man who loves dogs...well you had me at hello...

description

Be prepared for so many different wonderful emotions this book will invoke...

description

also..get ready ready to set life aside for a bit too

Aly
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by my sister. She haven't read it, but she know how much I love romance novels and dogs.

Lauren Dalton is living in New York, working at a job she doesn't like when she receive the heartbreaking news that her father died in a car accident. Her mother is already gone and she have no family left. She discover that her father lived a different life before, one he never talked about, when looking in his personal belongings. He was a musher in Alaska. Determined to kno
Patty
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! This book was so good. I love Melissa Storm’s books. They are so sweet and romantic. This book did not disappoint. It touched all points of life that people deal with in one form or another. Guilt, loss, anger, suffering, friendship and love. It is great.

In this book Lauren Dalton has lost her father unexpectantly. So instead of staying and dealing with everyone’s pity she decides to pack up and leave it all behind and go to Alaska to find out the part of her father’s life that he kept hi
Anna's Herding Cats
3.5 stars, 1 heat

Let There Be Love was an entertaining read. A fun setting, a growly hero, a heroine starting over, dealing with the past. It had a little of everything...minus the heat.

The Gist: With her dad's sudden death Lauren's world crumbles. Secrets are unearthed and she decides to pick up and move to Alaska to try and figure them out by taking a job with an injured sled dog champion as the caretaker for his pups.

I liked Lauren. She's been dealt a lot of blows all at once but she doesn'
Ivy
Sweet and easy read but

I liked Lauren and the way she’s always questioning everything is perfectly relatable. But she seemed somewhat irrational.

As she moves to Alaska to find out about her fathers mystery she discovers that her new employer is a mystery himself...

Shane is a somewhat tragic but mostly bossy jerk. I liked him. But then I didn’t like his big secret. It was different, which is good but I just cannot understand his reactions.

Then there’s a lot of doubt and irrational accusations
Isha Coleman
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Let There Be Love (Sled Dog) by Melissa Storm

I have always been fascinated by dogsledding.  The picturesque scenery, the beautiful dogs and the connection that builds between the dogs and their trainers.  That sport is truly a thing of beauty to watch.  Naturally, I was drawn to Let There Be Love for that reason. However, I stayed because I am in awe of the author and her ability to create powerhouse tales of courage that mix the fairy tales of old with the lessons of life.  Ms. Storm manages
Joann Herley
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dog
Let There Be Love (Sled Dog #1) is an emotional read. Lauren leaves for parts unknown after her father dies and takes on a job she is completely unprepared for. Shane is recovering from an accident and is bitter, angry, and downright mean. They are both broken and at times you might think they will never mend. There are some surprises along the way that lighten the story. I enjoyed the read and learning a little bit about a handler and musher. I have read other books from Ms. Storm and loved the ...more
Alma Conchas
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved Lauren and Shanes story because this story is so relatable to anyone who has found themselves not knowing what to do with their life and finding their passion where they least expect to find it! I can't wait to read the other books in this series so I can find out what happens with Lauren's friends in Alaska and her continued career in dog sledding!
Elsbeth
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodread-authors
Somehow Alaska in wintertime has something magical - a winter wonder land... Combine that with about 2 dozen sled dogs, a handsome, but grumpy musher and a pretty, lonely handler with no experience. Add some secrets, love and friendship, and you get a winter wonder(ful) story!
Louisa
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A snowy twist on the tale of beauty and the beast

Wow what a fantastic read, I devoured the book in one sitting. Beautifully written this the first book I have read by Melissa Storm but it won't be the last I have already reordered the next book in the series.
Phyllis
I love fairy tale retellings and so when I read the synopsis of Let There Be Love, and that it was on sale for less than a dollar, I had to give it a try.

What I liked about the book:

Melissa Storm did a great job in taking the story of Beauty and the Beast and retelling it in a way that contained the main plot elements of the original, but that didn't make it seem like you were reading the Disney story but in a new setting. Because it was a retelling, I found myself wondering how she was going to
Joss Landry
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let There Be Love is a story that kept me reading, and interested. And I didn’t have to skip over the violence or cruelty. The story is clean, yet still manages to tackle human frailties, which is my favorite part of any book, the characters.

The story depicts Lauren Dalton who is working at a dead-end job when she receives the news one morning of her father’s death. The father who raised her and with whom she was very close.
She finds a box of his things as she cleans out his house to ready it f
Robyn Gaye-Murphy
Let There Be Love by Melissa Storm
Lauren Dalton was performing at her data job, employment she carried out well but was not challenged by, when she received a personal phone call at her work station. She was informed her beloved father Edward Dalton was killed in an accident and she realised she was now all alone in the world! No brothers or sisters and her mother had died when she was young. When she went to tell her boss she was taking leave, it didn’t go well.
Lauren sorted through her Dad’s
Mary Lou Hoffman
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, series
LET THERE BE LOVE is the first book in the Sled Dog series. Each stands on their own. In fact, I have read the second book first.

What a cute way to retell Beauty and the Beast in modern times. Our beast is an Alaskan musher who has been injured in training and Beauty is an optimistic orphan looking for information about her father’s past as a musher!

I loved that this was a clean romance. I read a lot of racy romance and love it too, but every once in a while it is refreshing to enjoy the purity
Precious Deskin
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational at it's BEST!!!

I'm a huge fan of Melissa Storm's and she never ceases to amaze me. I am always saddened when her stories end and I have to wait for the next one to be written.
Let There Be Love is a wonderful story that will inspire you from the very beginning. This story is a little different from Melissa's other stories but she doesn't disappoint you. You will definitely not want to put it down.
Lauren moved to Alaska from New York after the death of her father. Why? Because she f
Pam
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like hardships, perseverance, hard work, and love then this is the book for you to read. Lauren is working in NY and her father passes away. Her mother had died when she was a child so now she is all alone. While taking care of her father's belongings, she discovered that his past included being a musher in Alaska. Lauren wanted to honor her father's memory and not live in his shadow. Lauren answers an ad and decides to quit her job and move to Alaska. She is to take care of Shane and his ...more
Jennifer Robb
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Jennifer by: Amazon
I liked learning a bit more about sled dogs and sled dog racing. I even kind of liked the main characters of Lauren and Shane--and I did appreciate the author showing that relationships have problems. They're not "live happily ever after" like the fairy tales suggest. But the problems these two face . . . I'm not sure romance is feasible in the time frame given.

Lauren is grieving her father. While going through his things, she finds reference to him once being a sled dog racer--something she do
Julie Kirby
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Lauren and Shane's story, a great release after a very busy book signing weekend.

Straight in with Lauren, having to go out in the wide world., after loosing a parent, has to be blooming hard, but Lauren dealt with her new normal like a champ.

Even though she took on her new job with gusto, she was still very apprehensive, but she knuckled down and accepted her lot in life. She went across the country to start her new life armed with her and her father's memories.

The little town
Julie Barrett
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let There Be Love by Melissa Storm
Starts with offer of a free gift Lauren has just gotten news that her father had died and she thinks that is impossible. they had just exchanged Christmas gifts.
She quits her job because her boss wouldn't give her time off from work and prepares her fathers affairs.
Memory boxes of their life are in his closet but she finds one about Alaska and dog sledding which she knew nothing about.
All kinds of newspaper clipping and she starts to understand about his other l
Donna
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let There Be Love is the first book in The Sled Dog Series. Lauren wants to find answers to her father's secrets. Shane is trying to overcome a severe, life-altering injury. Together, they uncover truths about themselves and their pasts.

This is an okay story but it isn't the quality I expect from Melissa Storm. I didn't really care for either character and can't understand how they could have fallen in love when they treated each other like crap. Lauren got over her initial tragedy without ever
Kristen Lewendon
I enjoyed the story. I love working dogs and the sled dogs are some of my favorites. But this book asked me to suspend my disbelief just a little too far for me to be completely into the story. I’ve been owned by a husky/malamute cross and while they’re wonderful, affectionate animals they are also some of the most stubborn, uncooperative breeds for a novice to handle. There is a little bit of Jane Eyre in the cruel dark hero redeemed by the love of the fair maiden, but this part of the plot hap ...more
Readsandeats
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laura thought her life was going well and she was sort of settled until her dad dies. She then finds out there was another side to him she knew nothing about. To find out more about her father’s past and maybe to uncover what happened in her family she takes on a job with a well-known dog sledge racer in Alaska.
Things do not get off to a great start. Shane is a pain, this is understandable as he has been in a bad accident and is going through painful rehab. Laura hasn’t really realised what it m
Suzanne
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melissa Storm has done it again. Finding love is a rough road for everyone. We each face our own challenges that make it hard. For Lauren and Shane people they had loved in the past caused them to question their trust in others, and themselves. Lauren is brought to confusion when she discovers that her father left out a seemingly innocent chunk of his life from what she had thought was a completely open and honest relationship. She can't understand why he would have held this back from her and s ...more
Barbara
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me put it out there that I love Melissa Storms books...all of them. But this one was better than any other book she’s written. It had me hooked from page 1 and to the end. Not that the Hurricane Irma was a good thing, but it gave me a lot of reading time and I never put it down.

The story is about Lauren Dalton who is single person living a boring, unfulfilling life when she finds out her father has passed away. Now she doesn’t have her mother or father and she decides she needs to do somethi
Kate
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an emotional roller coaster ride - or should I say dog sled ride! I loved this book. The interaction between Lauren and Shane was so full of ups and downs. Lauren is a strong woman, full of life and yet she is searching for her goal in life. She impulsively quits and job and, after burying her father, heads across the country from New York to Alaska to find her future and clues to her past.
I loved how each of the characters unfolded their secrets.

This is a great story to read in front of a
Dan
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really nice. I came to it with a chip on my shoulder because I bought it, and about two or three weeks later the author started giving it away for free, and that annoyance had me putting off this book until I felt guilty about it.
Lauren and Shane are both wonderfully complex characters, with complicated back stories and deep feelings about what they care for.
I was a bit bothered by Lauren's relationship with Barbara. I understand the reason for her reaction (choosing to forgive fo
  • A Thankful Heart (Love at the Chocolate Shop #2)
  • Buttered and Scrambled With Murder (A Josie Rizzo Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Wife Wanted in Dry Creek
  • Christmas Pets and Kisses: 16 Sweet Christmas Romances
  • Collared (Going to the Dogs #4)
  • Good Witch Hunting (Witchless in Seattle, #7)
  • An Impossible Rescue
  • Arctic Dawn (The Norse Chronicles, #2)
  • Fuzzy Logic (An Alpine Grove Romantic Comedy Book 2)
  • A Tangled Teaser (Witches of Hemlock Cove #3)
  • The Case of the Abandoned Aussie (A Thousand Islands Doggy Inn Mystery, #1)
  • Killer Tails: 8 Pawsome Cat & Dog Cozy Mysteries by 8 Bestselling Authors
  • Home Blooms (Hometown Harbor Series, #2)
  • Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy (Corgi Case Files, #2)
  • Dante's Gift
  • Two O'Clock Heist (A Rebecca Mayfield Mystery, #2)
  • Cupcakes, Paws, and Bad Santa Claus (Annie Graceland Mystery #4)
  • My Kind of Crazy

Melissa Storm is a mother first, and everything else second. She used to write under a pseudonym, but finally had the confidence to come out as herself to the world. Her fiction is highly personal and often based on true stories. Writing is Melissa's way of showing her daughter just how beautiful life can be, when you pay attention to the everyday wonders that surround us.

Melissa loves books so mu

Sled Dog (4 books)
  • Let There Be Light (Sled Dog #2)
  • Let There Be Life (Sled Dog #3)
  • Season of Mercy (Sled Dog #4)