Start by marking “The Beast Within (Conversion, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Beast Within (Conversion, #5)

(Conversion #5)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  222 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Nika Adams has had a challenging year. She gave her heart to Hunter Evans, only to have him break it. But Nika refuses to give up hope. Not when there's a chance she can save her true-love—even if she must save him from himself.

Julian Adams finally knows what he wants, and is truly happy. But when he gets mixed up in Nika's suicide mission to save her wayward boyfriend, he
ebook
Published December 14th 2017 by S.C. Stephens

To ask other readers questions about The Beast Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beast Within

Jemima
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

sc

Title: The Beast Within (Conversion #5)
Author: S.C. Stephens
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy
Publication Date: December 14, 2017

ARC

Here's the truth.. I cried.. Literally cried when I got the ARC of this book. I blame hormones and also the fact that I love this author's work. The Thoughtless series? Hands down my favourite series in the world! But the Conversion series was what made me fall in love with her writing. It has been 7 years since the first book from the series- conversion was publ
Courtney
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

The Beast Within is 5th book in the Conversion series. However, you do need to read the 4th book to understand this book as everything continues on from that one; but it is not necessary to read books 1 through 3 to understand anything as books 4 and 5 are sort of "offspring" of those.

I was super excited to see where SC would take us in The Beast Within after reading The Next Generation. While I thoroughly enjoyed the overall story, I did find myself at times, skimming part of this b
Sofia Lazaridou
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can we get the final book now??? That was a very cruel ending. I want to see what is going to happen next. Julian should fix this. Nothing else it's acceptable. I cannot believe how the events turned out. I wanna hate the author for what she did, but I can't because I can understand why the characters reacted the way the did. And as more time passes, the more I am starting to think that it was an appropriate way to end that storyline. I believe that Julian's feelings for Arianna are pure and he ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars!

Hunter. Yep. that about sums up the review. If ever there was a tortured hero that you truly want to scoop up and give a hug --- this is the one. To his very soul, Hunter has become something he loathes. Yet deep in that soul, he knows that he can be truly happy and loved if he just accepts who he is. God love Nika standing by him! There is more family dynamics happening as this story unfolds but the bulk of the story is Hunter and his relationship with Nika.

Super hot, push-pull angs
Tanaka K
Let's rewind time. Four years ago, I picked up a book called Thoughtless. I freaking loved it with all my heart and soul. I raved about it. I was still new to the romance genre and here was a book that held my attention. Still to this date, it one of my favourite rocker series. After I read it, I had to know who S.C. Stephens is . So, I found she had a paranormal romance book called Conversion. I was completely bewitched. Hands down, the BEST paranormal book on this book. I was completely captur ...more
Novel Grounds
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Another one that knocked my paranormal socks of. Stephens gave us the twins in the last books and in this book she started to give us their full story. The real of them behind just getting to know them. Not only was this the continuation of NIka and Hunter's story, but this was just as much about her brother and his torrid love life.

I loved getting deep with these two. It brought me back to the start of this series with their parents. The trueness of their emotional and fighting this never endin
Steph
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 very bloody stars for THE BEAST WITHIN.

16-year-old Nika Adams is heartbroken. The love of her life, Hunter, fled when he was turned into a vampire, leaving her alone to try and get over the pain. Hunter despises what he's become. A lifetime spent hunting the very thing he's become, he's emaciated and desperate to die, refusing to drink the blood that will revitalize him. When his family decides to come after him and finish the job, Hunter knows what he has to do. Meanwhile, Nika's brother Jul
Michelle Tikal
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
After waiting with bated breath for what felt like an eternity for the follow up to S.C. Stephens' The Next Generation and Hunter's story, I was beyond excited to finally be getting my hands on The Beast Within. While I knew Hunter's story would be an angsty one; rife with internal struggle, self-loathing, and denial, I was surprised to find a story of unconditional love, family, belonging, and forgiveness as well. A wonderful addition to the Conversion series taking us in a new and completely u ...more
Zili
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review!

What I say: I'm a sucker for the angst and drama in this series. I was excited to be instantly pulled back into Julian's and Nika's crazy family.

I'm going to presume you're up to date with the series. The Beast Within isn't a standalone, you do really need to have at least read the previous book, The Next Generation, although personally I'd start at the beginning with Conversion.

Nika and Jules have almost had a bit of a personality switch in thi
Corey
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From S.C. Stephens, The Beast Within starts right where The Next Generation leaves you. Told in first person, from dual perspectives, the continuation of this story will not disappoint. You'll appreciate way S.C. brings you back up to speed with all the players. Prepare to be entranced by bonds that may not always remain unbroken.

As Hunter Evans begins working through the reality of becoming what he's been taught to hate - "And who wouldn't struggle with becoming a bloodthirsty nightmare?" He wi
Rachael
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whenever there is another S.C. Stephens book out, I jump! I run, I leap and I hurry toward it. When I see that it is the next installment in the Conversion series, I gallop! Her writing is just so enjoyable to read and with each new installment in this series, we get twisted deeper and deeper into this paranormal vampire world and I just don’t know how she does it. She continues to impress and every book just makes me long for the next. Her writing has been able to completely enthrall me since T ...more
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Oh. My. God. I’m still reeling from this. I don’t have enough words to explain how much S.C. Stephens blew my mind with The Beast Within. Incredible, action packed edge of your seat suspense, sweet young love, & drama are all bursting from every single page creating a story so intense and captivating you can’t put in down. I was fully immersed in her world of Vampires, mostly human vampires, and hunters a bomb could have gone off next to my head and I would have just kept reading.

The Conver
Konny
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Beast Within by S.C. Stephens is the 5. book in the Conversion Series. The other books are Conversion, Bloodlines, Til Death, and the spin-off to the Conversion Trilogy, book 4 The Next Generation.
While The Beast Within can be read as a standalone, I strongly recommend to read the previous book, The Next Generation, first.
The Beast Within picks up where The Next Generation left off.
Hunter was conversed into a vampire, forced by his father. He despises his existence as a vampire. He breaks up
Nancy
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
First, let me say, this book really doesn’t stand alone. It would enrich the experience if you read the first 4 books in the series.

The Beast Within’s main story line runs with Hunter Evans as he deals with his haunting conversion to a full-blooded vampire. Previously a hunter and killer of vampires, he is completely dejected in his new “life.” Now a member of his ex-girlfriend’s family, he is fortunate that Nika still cares for him. She is instrumental in helping him acclimate to being a vampi
Lucinda Jester Smith
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have the paperback of this book, wasn't given the option for that format.

S.C. Stephens stories and characters always have that extra little mystery and excitement about them. From the beginning to the end of her books you are enthralled and can’t wait to read what happens next! This is absolutely one of my favorite paranormal series out there!!

I love everything this author has written and when she came out with Book 1 of The Conversion Series I ordered it, knowing without a doubt it was going
Excessive~Reader
Great book, 4.75 stars! Is it possible the cursed can have luck on their side? Lucky in love and unlikely in life, or is it the other way around?
Love and hate, these are 2 things these characters feel strongly about and know nothing is black and white. The old and new characters developed fantastically in this story. The emotional and physical war they go through had me flipping the pages as fast as I could. I never knew what to expect next.
This story is told from the twins POV, along with H
Ash
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kristie
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: S.C. Stephens

⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 Review by Kristie K

Another jaw-dropping installment of the Conversion Series, you won’t want to miss this…

As a newcomer to S.C. Stephens, I must say that I’ve been captivated by the incredible storylines and plot twists Ms. Stephens has woven for us. The Beast Within is absolutely no exception to this, with it’s gripping tale of love, loss, and the torment of finding your soul mate. This tale focuses on twins Nika and Julian Adams, and their turbulent jour
Marika
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit that I haven't read this series from the beginning..not sure why the heck not but I will catch up because now I need to know everything and more lol.
I will also say I haven't read paranormal in quite some time yet I love it..so of course, being that we're talking about SC Stephens I jumped at the chance...and what do you know lol now I need to go back to the start!
Nika and Hunter's story is very catching, full of love and family, changes and a strong bond, acceptance and drama, suspen
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
I love this take on vampires. I have plowed through all of these books in a matter of a few weeks so that I could be prepared for this read. I started with the saga of Teren and Emma...so amazing and jumped to Nika and Julian. These kids...just wow.

Such a unique take on vampires, family and love. Great action, marvelous adventure and the heart ache of doing what is best for all parties involved.

I can’t wait to finish the series and see where SC takes these characters and who she brings them to
Melissa Parnell
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series has become a favorite of mine and I am loving the story changing focus to the twins. I loved the first book, but this book has appealed to me even more. There is so much suspense and drama and heart, I was hanging on every word. I could not put this book down and I am dying to read more in the series. S.C. Stephens has long been one of my favorite authors and this is exactly why.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I have to say I loved this book!!
I read the first book Conversion a few years back and it stuck with me all this time... It was one of the first Vampire’s books I’ve read. The story has stayed with me.

This book had me on the egde of my seat trying to figure out how it was going end I love the characters, I can’t wait for the next book to see how it all plays out.
Diksha Dikshu
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!! Loved every bit of it. Gosh i love SC and her books! The way she writes her books are absolutely fantastic. I m so happy for Hunter and Nika. Absolutely adored every family member of Adam's! Can't wait to see what happens next with Julie soo excited to read his happy ending now.
Carrie O'Dell
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Beast Within

Love love love this series!! Nika & Hunters story had me glued to my Kindle. Can’t wait for the next book to see how Julian will win back Arianna or get a new love... and to read more about everyone else!! Well done S.C. Stephens
Stephanie
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The storyline is creative and keeps me hooked. I normally don't care for paranormal genres but this is the exception. With the twin bond, sire bond, and romantic storylines, you won't want to put this down.
Jolene Huber
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeping it in the family

This book picks up where book 4 left off. Yes you should read them in order. Or you will not know wht is going on. It doesnt have a cliffhanger ending. But, there is room for more with the story.
stella yip
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: epub, s-c-stephens
With Hunter being newly turned into a vampire against his will, things certainly does not goes easy on him. He have to adapt a new diet, control his urge to overuse his supernatural strength power, and his attraction towards Nick.
Jardine Clark
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better meaning i want more and more from the Adams family. Felt like there was so much more emotions going around in this book between all the characters. This is one family that knows to always stick together no matter what. Cannot wait for book 6.
Krystle
A slow book. A lot happened, but a lot more doesn't. Most of the book is either Nika or Hunter whining each other or in Hunters case about his life. Everyone was really annoying with all the angst. I really love this series so I hope the next one isn't this bad.
Samantha
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beast

I love this series. Especially the twins. Love the connection they have and how well they get along. This one was just as great as the other. Lots of excitement. Drama and sweet moments. Glad everything if finally starting to fall into place. Can't wait for the next book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
S.C. Stephens is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who enjoys spending every free moment she has creating stories that are packed with emotion and heavy on romance.

Her debut novel, Thoughtless, an angst-filled love triangle charged with insurmountable passion and the unforgettable Kellan Kyle, took the literary world by storm. Amazed and surprised by the response to the release of

Conversion (6 books)
  • Conversion (Conversion, #1)
  • Bloodlines (Conversion, #2)
  • 'Til Death (Conversion, #3)
  • The Next Generation (Conversion, #4)
  • Family is Forever (Conversion, #6)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)