Start by marking “His to Claim” as Want to Read:
His to Claim

His to Claim

(Forbidden Lovers #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
>Fate brought them together. Family could tear them apart.

Ryder McKay may be a playboy, but he's never been a fool. Not until he met the woman he simply knew as Jane. For one night, he dropped his guard, but in the morning she disappeared---along with a copy of his top secret technology.

When it ends up in the hands of his biggest enemy---his father---Ryder knows without
Published April 10th 2018 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about His to Claim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His to Claim

Sabrina
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

His to Claim is a steamy and suspenseful novel that had me on the edge of my seat from page one. Jane and Ryder had an instant connection that was evident throughout the whole book and left me in love with both of them. Surrounding their relationship was a mess of mystery and murder trying to pull them apart but the chemistry between them wouldn't let that happen.

I loved the crazy ride this story took me on. It kept me captivated and dying to know how it would end
Tara Leigh
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelly Bell has done it again!!!!!! This book is insanely erotic but so ingeniously plotted that it was like reading a fabulous edge-of-your-seat thriller with steamy deliciousness as a bonus. I love all her books, but this one might be her best yet!!!! A must read!!!!
Timitra
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Stars

His To Claim sucked me in from page one and kept my attention throughout. It was a great melding of bdsm, suspense and hot sex sprinkled with a bit of taboo. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and going on this journey with these characters and cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

ARC provided by publisher through Net Galley in exchange for a honest review
Apr 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

1.5 Stars

I am not the biggest fan of secret baby trope. In order for it to work, you have to believe in the connection and the attraction of the characters. You also have to have a reason, that is believable, for me to get over the idea that there is a child out there who the father didn't know about.

Ryder and Jane had a one night stand, she was a virgin, he didn't know it, and the condom broke. That was a lot for me to be willing to get over, esp
Sissy's Romance Book Review
His to Claim by Shelly Bell is book Two in the Forbidden Lovers Series. This is the story of Ryder McKay and Jane Cooper. I haven't yet read the previous book, so for me this was a standalone book.
This was my first book by Ms. Bell and I plan on reading more of her books after reading this one. This was a great suspenseful romantic story with some light BDSM theme. Once I started reading this book I had a hard time putting it down. My heart went out to Ryder when he was so small and what he wit
Shelly Bell
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
His to Claim releases in paperback and ebook this Tuesday, April 10th!

Amazon http://bit.ly/HISTOCLAIMAMAZON
iBooks http://bit.ly/HISTOCLAIMIBOOKS
B&N http://bit.ly/HISTOCLAIMBN
Google Play http://bit.ly/HISTOCLAIMGOOGLE
Books a Million http://bit.ly/HISTOCLAIMBOOKSAMIL
Kobo http://bit.ly/HISTOCLAIMKOBO
books are love
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.
Ryder was a great character. He was smart, honest and kind. He walked away from his father due to his dad’ s ethics and how he did things in business. He left and started a company that creates automated kitchens. Except he has created a code that learns and adapts. Now everyone wants it and is willing to kill for it.
Jane is the one that got away. She is kind and sassy. When he sees her again he can’ t believe the circumstances. She is going to be his br
Jennifer Schultheis
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
His to Claim by Shelly Bell is book two in the Forbidden Lovers series, but can definitely be read as a standalone. Readers who love suspense, romance, and intrigue, will love this one! This story does include BDSM elements, but it doesn’t revolve around the whole book and isn’t as intense as the author’s other books.

When Ryder McKay and Jane Cooper lock eyes with each other, there is an instant connection that cannot be denied. Jane throws caution to the wind and decides to go for it with Ryde
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
From the first page to the last Shelly Bell kept me on my toes. Gripping and intense, the plot of this story is addictive and brilliant. Wow, this was an amazing book to experience, I read it in about five hours straight, I literally could not put it down. Ms Bell's writing is perfection and the story was full of intrigue, suspense, angst, steamy hot sex with a touch of light BDSM.

All the characters are superbly written and were a delight to read and connect to. When Ryder McKay meets Jane one
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
Right from the start His To Claim by Shelly Bell was a captivating hit. Romance, sex, raw suspense, I was riveted to my seat. One year ago Ryder McKay had a one night stand with a beautiful bombshell, that he never forgot. His dreams were plagued with this women. And to think his angel unbeknownst to him shows up at his brothers wedding. Thinking she stole his secrets with seducing him, Ryder is more than enraged.

What comes next will shock the both of them.
A hidden danger rocks Jane's life, and
Francis M.
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an amazing love story!! Ryder and Jane!! Amazing, especially since meeting Ryder with his best friend Tristan and Isabella and Dreama on the first book, it’s amazing that he isn’t that douche bag that I thought he was....

The twists and the family secrets are always a great thing to help the book out..... how Jane met Ryder and also how she also shared a huge secret with him! Everything was amazing.... I recommend, especially for those that have been reading anything and everything but a lo
Ashley
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2018
3.5 Stars
I love the cover for this book. My first time reading this author and it won’t be my last time. This is a steamy and suspenseful book you wont be able to put down. This book pulled me in and had me on the edge of my seat.

This was one crazy ride I wasn’t ready to end. This pace of this book was perfect and really well written. We get a little bit of BDSM as well as romance in this story. I really enjoyed Jand and Ryder’s story and can’t wait to read the next book in this series.

ARC pro
Tanya Vought
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was incredibly sexy.
It's filled with drama, pain, loss, love, secrets and everything in between!!!

If you're looking for a story that has a lot of heat, a Dom and suspense as well.... His to Claim is definitely for you!!!!

3.5 stars from me.
Heather
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was just okay; fairly predictable. One night stand, girl a virgin, ends with a pregnancy and then the two meet up later. No real surprises with the story, but it was cute and had it's moments.
Mary at USAT's HEA
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelly Bell combines mystery, suspense and scorching hot romance in His to Claim and delivers another exciting, steamy romance. Ryder and Jane shared an incredible night together a year ago, but Jane vanished the next morning without a trace. Ryder hasn’t been able to forget her, especially considering that he believes she stole some of his work secrets. He’s searched for her but never had any luck, which is why he’s gobsmacked when he discovers her mother is marrying his brother. They’re reunit ...more
Maria (chicks4books)
I could not put this book down. The author had me hooked with the suspense and the twist. The sex scenes were hot but the love and friendship made my heart smile.

Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The moment Ryder McKay's eye land on Jane he knows he has to have her, there is a pull between them that can't be ignored, and he wants to explore whatever it is that is swirling around in the air between them. But she seems to be a little reluctant at first, but with a little talking, and a little bravery on her part, they soon find themselves exploring every inch of one another behind closed doors. Then just as quickly as she breezed into his life, she breezes out in the middle of the night, w ...more
Up All Night With Books
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

I highly recommend His to Claim by Shelly Bell. It is the second book in A Forbidden Lovers series, but can be read as a standalone book. This is the story of Ryder McKay and Jane Cooper. His to Claim is a story of suspense, sex and intrigue.

The main character Jane Cooper is a wallflower who doesn’t realize her full potential. She was separated as a newborn from her mother and grew up with an older aunt and uncle. She never felt wan
Avidez Literaria
“You’re letting her go because you’re scared,” Isaac said as if it was obvious. “You and Jane both are. It’s easier for you both to end things now than to live every day knowing that something might take you from one another in the blink of an eye. But when we love someone, we take that risk.”

Ryder McKay was an ordinary child. He is afraid of the dark, lived with his older brother and was raised by his father, Keane McKay, who told him his mother died at childbirth. Until, at age four, he has a
Rebecca Austin
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trsor
Ryder McKay is one of the founders of Novateur and one year ago his designs were stolen when he spent the night with a beautful woman that he couldn't locate afterwards. Now at his brother's wedding he spots her and knows that he won't let her get away this time, especially when he discovers that she works for his biggest competitor, McKay Industries.

Jane Cooper does have a secret she is hiding from Ryder but it is not the secret that he believes it to be. What will Ryder do when he discovers w
Whispers From
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane was left with an aunt and uncle when she was little, her mother wanted nothing to do with her. She graduates from college and gets an internship with McKay, set up by her mother. She moves up the ladder to VP of innovations. She is at a conference when she meets Ryder. They have wild sex and she sneaks out next morning. Now months later they meet again at her mother’s wedding. She is marrying Ryder’s brother Finn.
Ryder has been estranged from his family for years but comes to his brother’s
Tamara
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well my fellow readers, Shelly Bell has done it once again! I refuse to give anything away about the story because I don’t want to spoil a single thing, but I will say that it’s absolutely a must-read book and I was completely blown away! To say that His to Claim (the second installment of the Forbidden Lovers series) was totally freaking amazing would be a major understatement. Ms. Bell seriously killed it with this intriguing and intense story and I loved every moment I spent with Ryder and Ja ...more
Mile High KINK Book Club
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HIS TO CLAIM will demand your attention. Bell delivers a new erotic thriller you can’t put down. This is what romantic suspense should be. This story has it all: backdoor lovin’, spanking, and whole lotta dirty talk.  It is equal  parts hot and intriguing wrapped in a heart-twisting love story.  It doesn’t get any hotter or any better – in and out the playroom.

A year ago, Ryder McKay’s mysterious one night stand with Jane left him heartbroken and furious. Since then he’s tried to forget her and
Terri Turner
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Elizabeth
Review written by Marie for Ever After Book Reviews!

4.5 Stars!

Holy hot hell, this book is incredibly steamy. Like crazy steamy. And by crazy, I mean literally crazy. What a wild ride!

When I chose this book to read, I’ll admit that I was hesitant. As I’ve said before, most BDSM books are all the same. But this one? Nope. Never read anything like this before. It’s incredibly erotic… like make you blush erotic… but it’s also one hell of a mind-f**king thriller.

This story is full of betrayal, lies a
Cara Ross
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelly Bell has done it again!!! She managed to grab my attention from the first page, and suck me in to the book, and has blown my mind!...wow, okay, that sounded a little graphic, but the story is delicious, with the right amount of suspense and hot sex.

The story begins 24 years ago, when Ryder was a child, and witnesses something so horrific, that when he becomes a man, he separates himself from his family. First forward to today, and Ryder is willing to enter into the lion's den, to be a pa
Amy Alessio
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finding romantic suspense in erotica is delicious and rare, and this has taut, well crafted writing as an added bonus. Shelly Bell created a pair with lots of chemistry and tension in Jane and Ryder. They had a hot night together once then couldn't find each other again, until Ryder realizes his brother is marrying Jane's mother.

Jane and Ryder have a child that he has yet to meet. Ryder thinks Jane stole company secrets from him. Plenty of conflict here, and their heat and relationship keep the
Romancing Susan (Monti)
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 6-stars
OMG! Have I told you how great you are Shelly Bell? You are one author who always keeps me on my toes! I super love the plot! The taboo-ness, the mystery, the suspense! Very thrilling! I was not able to guess who the villain was!

Ryder and Jane's story really captivated me right from the start. So hard to to put down. Not your typical love story. Corporate family drama with espionage, romance with kinks, playrooms play, it's definitely the whole package.

I received an ARC copy through netgalley
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
A kinky, well-paced romantic suspense. There's a lot of creative and high-octane on-page sex. The power exchange dynamic should appeal to fans of BDSM themes, but the kink is mostly on the tamer side, for readers who like a little spice but nothing too extreme. Although, there is that one scene with a champagne bottle... ;)

The story is more romantic suspense than contemporary romance, so keep that in mind if, like me, RS isn't your favorite genre. The author did a good job seeding the various pl
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Shelly Bell is the author of the popular Benediction and Forbidden Lovers series.

Her book, Blue Blooded, received a Top Pick from Romantic Times Book Reviews and was nominated for an RT Award. At His Mercy, the first in her Forbidden Lovers series, was named a Top Pick from Romantic Times and received a starred review from Publisher’s Weekly.

When she’s not working her day job, taking care of her

Forbidden Lovers (3 books)
  • At His Mercy (Forbidden Lovers, #1)
  • For His Pleasure