Start by marking “Little Truck: (Transportation Books for Toddlers, Board Book for Toddlers)” as Want to Read:
Little Truck: (Transportation Books for Toddlers, Board Book for Toddlers)

Little Truck: (Transportation Books for Toddlers, Board Book for Toddlers)

Little Truck is setting out to explore! He's going fast, climbing hills, and braving tunnels, being just the right amount of careful along the way. But no matter how far he goes, his caring parent is never far behind. This on-the-go board book by beloved author-illustrator Taro Gomi is perfect for toddlers moving onwards and upwards to big adventures.
Board Book, 22 pages
Published April 3rd 2018 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Little Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Truck

Start your review of Little Truck: (Transportation Books for Toddlers, Board Book for Toddlers)
Peacegal
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm glad the text indicated this was a truck, because I'm not sure I would have recognized what that was supposed to be from the cover. The illustrations are cute and eye-catching, but they have a very "Microsoft Paint" quality that may be a turnoff for those who like more traditionally illustrated kids' books. It's doubtful that will turn off the tiniest tots who will enjoy the bright, simple colors and gentle storyline.
Alex  Baugh
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A pink flatbed truck may be little but he sure likes to go fast as he starts off his day in the company of a bigger orange flatbed truck. It doesn't take long for little truck to past big truck, but when he reaches a steep hill, and begins to slow down, it's a good thing that big truck can help him and give him a push. But now sooner does he reach to top than little truck speeds up again, and heads right into a dark tunnel. Once again, big truck helps little truck out and then puts him onto his ...more
Khansa Baig
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Little Truck is speeding off on an adventure. He climbs a big hill, but begins to slow down. A push from his parent truck helps him on his way and he’s speeding ahead again. Little Truck enters a dark tunnel and the big truck isn’t sure where he has got to. The big truck finds little truck and carries him out asleep. It’s been a busy day and it’s time to go home.

This is a cute and concise story about little ones taking their first steps of independence. Little Truck is eager to get ahead but he
Miss Kelly
Jun 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
I wish I could spend 15 minutes drawing something and make it a book!
Shauna
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This board book is just the right size for tiny hands. Little Truck is a tiny, hot pink flatbed truck with a square cab. A bigger truck – who is an orange rectangle, and presumably a parent – is always nearby. We get to see Little Truck zoom around – up a hill, through a tunnel – and then Little Truck falls asleep on the back of the bigger truck as they head home.
The illustrations are very simplistic (almost to the point of confusion for me personally, as it took me a minute to figure out what
Barbara
Simple and bright illustrations accompany the story of a little truck that has a very busy day. The board book makes it easy for little hands to hold, and the colors are soft, yet they are also visually appealing since there are various shapes present on the pages. The story itself follows Little Truck taking his first halting steps on the highway, picking up speed, needing a little nudge up a steep hill, crossing a bridge, entering a dark tunnel, and heading home. Young readers and their ...more
Tasha
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
Little Truck starts driving and is very fast. He passes bigger trucks as he goes. But when he comes to a very big hill, he slows way down and is almost unable to make it all the way up. It just takes a little help from that slower big truck to give him a nudge. Little Truck rushes off again, this time heading into a dark tunnel. But when only the big truck emerges from the dark, what has happened to Little Truck? This board book offers a wheeled version of what it is like to walk with an ...more
Stephanie Bange
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Translated from Japanese (originally published in 2015), this is a charming tale of a little truck who is spreading his wings -- driving fast, climbing hills, entering a dark tunnel -- with Big Truck nearby overseeing his success.

The tone and words of the book are direct and reassuring, much like that of a parent with a toddler. I especially enjoyed that this little truck is the color pink -- making it as approachable for girls as for boys.

This board book will be a welcome addition to early
Asho
L picked this book out for F and we all enjoyed it. The illustrations are very simple and almost look like they could have been drawn by a child. They definitely appealed to baby F. I like that as the story goes along it becomes clear that Big Truck is the parent of Little Truck and there to assist on Little Truck's adventures. Not sure that this one will be overly memorable, but it was cute!
Janet
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This board book is created by an illustrator I recently discovered and this particular title is very well done with the concept of a young truck exploring with the grownup truck not far behind. As I read I was reminded that this was the idea of a young child exploring and the parent being there to ensure the child's safety. Good story and illustrations for the very youngest.
Amy
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Little Truck is off to see the world, zooming here and there, not always heeding the advice of Big Truck. Will Little Truck get lost in the dark? It's a simply illustrated board book about a universal parent-child experience!
Christine Turner
WU branch.
kim
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, kids, picture
awwww, cute!
Christine Meunier
The kids quite enjoyed this one.
Christine
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My 3 year old adoooores this little book and its sweet simple art. It's hard to get him to put it down. Perfect read for any toddler who loves vehicles.
Rebecca Caufman
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
A little truck take off excitedly at the beginning of the book and runs out of steam by the end. Cute story for littlest readers.
Lisa
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-and-g
I guess it's considered progressive that the truck is pink? I don't know why it ("he") had to be gendered.
Bonnie Arriola
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not a favorite. Art work is ok. Story has been told before.
Jayme Carruthers
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
@kidlitexchange #partner

Thank you to the #KidLitExchange network for the review copy of Little Truck. All opinions are my own.

We LOVED Little Truck at my house. So much so, that I had to go and buy the book because my son cried when I took it away from him.

Little Truck is going on an adventure. He has to climb up hills, go fast, and be careful of the tunnels! But no worries, the big truck is right behind him. It's the perfect little book for toddlers because it describes their situation
Jackie Gasc
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes to pink trucks. Yes to cute books from Japan.
Henry Tay
Oct 09, 2018
Tory
May 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cement Mixer's ABC (Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site)
  • Roadwork
  • Where Do Steam Trains Sleep at Night?
  • My Car
  • Crabby Crab
  • Little Fish and Mommy
  • Hug
  • Woke Baby
Taro Gomi is a major children’s illustrator and writer. He has more than 400 book titles to his credit. His work has been widely translated into 15 other languages.

Tarō was born in Tokyo and he graduated from ID department, Kuwazawa Design Institute. His readers range from babies to adults, with an equal number of fans overseas. His work has been appreciated considerably with both domestic and