Start by marking “Absinthe” as Want to Read:
Absinthe

Absinthe

The name on the screen was “Absinthe.”

But I knew her as the sultry voice blowing up my phone for late night chats about Proust and Hemingway interspersed between the filthiest little … mutually satisfying exchanges ... I'd ever experienced in my life.

We’d never met.

Until the day she walked into my office, her cherry lips wrapped around a candy apple sucker and an all t
Published August 6th 2017

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Hulya by: Dilek VT

This book was just so fucking perfect!!! I loved it... :)

And I'm sure just like me when you look at this book cover you're gonna think, hmm this must be one of those forbidden love stories and probably they're gonna bang each other with countless times... Well, let'me tell you something, this book will surprise you very much because this story was more emotional than I expected and there was less sex scenes in this book than I'd thought. And I was really okay with that. <3

Anyway long story sh
warhawke
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Forbidden romance lovers
Shelves: angsty, romance-love
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Halston Kessler grew up with nothing. As a high school student she aspired to change her life and be something. One impulsive moment brought her to a dating site where she found a well read man that challenge her opinion.

Ford Hawthorne had needs. Due to the sensitive nature of his new job as the principal of a prestigious school, he turned to the anonymity of online hook up. Never would he have thought the one that stirre
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Before we get into this review, can we all just take a moment to appreciate this hot as hell cover?! I seriously don’t even remember half of my review when I look at this so this is going to be a difficult review. Aside from the drool worthy cover, . Absinthe wasn’t your ordinary student/ teacher romance where you’re overtaken by lust and a few complications and then you get a happily-ever-after. There were so many layers to this story and I loved getting to see them all.

Halston is the type
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I didn't know what I was going to get when I went into this book. What I got was an awesome sweet surprise.

I'm not going to lie, the first bit of this book was slow for me. Then once things started happening around the 35% mark, it was amazing.

Halston had lived a life full of let downs, abuse, and learning people aren't what they say they are. So when she is taken in by her uncle and aunt she doesn't expect anything life changing to happen. Like meeting someone that will impact her life in a w
Dilek VT

**********************************************

Being alone was all I knew. I was all I had, really. That and books. Losing myself for hours in worlds that only existed in the confines of a paper jacket was my only escape from a life I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy.

**********************************************

The book begins with a quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald:
“First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.”

And it ends with a quote from Virgina Wolf:
“In c
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I think I am just not a match with this author. In looking at my bookshelves and the books I've read in the past, sadly I've never rated one of her books higher than 3 Stars (mostly are rated 2.5).

I feel like the overall premise and the beginning was good! I was sucked in and I was really enjoying the book. But then it seemed to slam on the breaks.

I'm going to put a spoiler tag because I get a little ranty...(view spoiler)
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
✩★ Natalie ★✩ The Biblioholic
It's LIVE! http://bit.ly/2vBA85l

This story officially popped my Winter Renshaw cherry… and I have absolutely no regrets!! Gosh, where do I even start? How about that cover? They definitely didn’t make Principal’s who looked like that back in my day. Not sure how I would have been able to focus on my studies.

Yup, I would most assuredly be obsessed. Unless there was a course on how to effectively stalk his fine azz, I’d fail terribly!!

Seriously though, I enjoyed the heck out of the concept of thi
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ABSINTHE: Is a standalone forbidden romance novel by Winter Renshaw. In this we meet Ford Hawthorne in his late twenties and seventeen year old Halston, also spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

ab.sin.the (noun)
Highly intoxicating
Dangerously addictive
And formerly forbidden until now!

Some people were born with silver spoons. I was born with a rusted paring knife.

Halston has been under the care of her uncle her permanent residence until she graduates high school which she's behind one year du
K
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Let me say I went into this book blind and did not read the synopsis. And overall I think it was a great quick read! I really enjoyed the dating app theme with all the texting and phone calls. Something about reading texts in a book just gets me every time. So this book was about a girl, Halston aka Absinthe, who has a troubled past meets this guy, Ford aka Kerouac, on a dating app! It is an anonymous app where you dont even discover what the person on the other end looks like until you
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
WOW! I don't even know where to start! That was an experience I won't soon forget.
I adored the main character SO MUCH!! She's brilliant, beautiful, strong, confident, and a real trooper. Despite a troubled past and not so great current situation, she perseveres and doesn't let life get the best of her. There's nothing better! I'm seriously blown away by her.

The story is entertaining, witty, and sexy. It's smart and engaging! I honestly had no idea what to expect when I went into this story, but
Myla
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This book just blew me away! The story of Ford and Halston is enthralling the moment I started reading it! I can't put it down and losing sleep is so worth it!It's angsty and exciting at the same time to see what will happen to our Absinthe & Kerouac. As always Winter Renshaw wrote this one flawlessly. The pacing of each scene was perfect! If you haven't read a book by this author, this can your first and you'll love it. Highly recommended!
Katerina
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
My sister recommended this to me, but I never take her picks seriously because reads a romance book rarely. But, she promised me it's safe but I don't think she really gets the whole safety concept. And there I was pronouncing the title all wrong "ab sin thee" and she was fucking calling me a joke because it's "ab-sinth" which I'm sure everyone else but me realised.

But damn it was good. I don't think I'll be able to summarise very well but in essence Halston is a foster child, who is has moved
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
The cover is the best part.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

“I’m in love with the idea of you. You’re in love with the idea of me. Now we just need a good twist and a couple of complications.”

This is our first book by Winter Renshaw and we really enjoyed this student teacher romance with a difference. We have to say it wasn’t at all what we were expecting however that did not diminish our reading experience rather it enhanced it. It was just what we were in the mood for with high angst, the forbidden and the second chance love aspect.

Absinthe was a qui
Lauren Smith
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow...

I was just spellbound by this book. I literally read this in one day and loved it so much I had to write a review. The chemistry is so explosive I physically whimpered at parts and the emotions were deep and riveting. Just wow...Halston and Ford...amazing.
Liz
I really enjoyed this one. However, I have to admit that around the 85% mark, the book was going at a rapid pace and it didn't live up to the first parts of the book. Overall, a very good read
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
This was a short, fun taboo read.
I'm all caught up with my arcs this month and wanted to try something new.
I loved the taboo aspect of this book but what made it even better for me is that as a teacher/student relationship book, I appreciated that the author waited for the heroine to be older and legal for the something "more" to happen.
What makes it a 3 star read for me was that I felt that a lot of the book was rushed. I would have liked both characters to be developed further when they wer
TheresaDK
Loved everything but the ending.
Alaina
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss!

I loved this because I didn't expect anything that actually happened. Nope, I thought it was going to be like a lot of the love affairs I've seen from previous books with a teacher/principle and a student. I like that Absinthe kept me on my toes. You do you book!

I loved, freaking loved, Ford and Halston. I didn't really cringe at the type of relationship they had.. but I loved it. That's all that really matters..right? They just felt like a real co
♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
4 Taboo Stars

ab•sin•the
n o u n
highly intoxicating,
dangerously addictive,
and formerly forbidden
. . . until now.

This is Taboo. This is so wrong it's right. And oh my god did I enjoy this forbidden love story. I was a bit unsure when I read the blurb. A high school student and a professor? I don't know. . . but now I do know. And. Holy. Shit.

Absinthe is the story about a young girl and a man who meet each other online, creating an unbreakable bond. Halston have had it rough. She grew up i
KceeReads
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Utterly unique take on the student-teacher romance trope."

Halston Kessler and Ford Hawthorne found each other through a dating app called "Karma". Both fond of reading classics and sexy exchange, they easily found connection with each other. Everything was all fun, until summer ended and Halston realized that her new high school principal is the man she's sharing her sexual fantasies with.

Student-Teacher romance is one of the most loved and sought after love stories. I have read and loved a
Grey
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
"If things were different, she could be mine."

*Swoon* I really enjoyed the beginning of this book... well, actually, I enjoyed the book altogether. It is very well written, Ms. Renshaw is a gifted author; writing spicy, fun dialogue, witty and sharp commentary and an overall storyline that was easy to slide into and immerse yourself with.

However, on that note... I did enjoy the first, probably 60%, of the book more than the rest. No spoilers... sorry! I will say it is a stylistic choice vs. a st
Sophie
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: august-2017
Winter Renshaw took my favourite taboo subject, student/teacher romance and then twisted it, reworked it, lit a fire to it and delivered Absinthe.

This wickedly, sinful, forbidden romance held my attention from beginning to end. The characters connection to each other was explosive. There were unexpected twists that ramped up the intensity and angst and took the story into a whole new playing field.

There were a few times where I personally didn't connect to the characters and a couple of times
Mandy
4.5

Really enjoyed this one. Perfect epilogue ❤❤❤
Jessica Gadziala
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Book-themed romance, heavy on the angst? Yes, please!
Josiane
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
**** 4 stars

First, let me wipe the drool off my chin and allow me to comment on this cover.
This cover is a big reason the book wound on my reading list. I could easily spend hours licking this guy in his perfect relaxed pose.

So now that I've admitted my ogling tendencies, let's discuss what comes after the cover which is the story. I loved the blurb and I was looking forward to finding out what happens after the principal realizes he's been chatting/sexting one of his students all summer. I LO
Bella
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

Winter Renshaw is one of those authors whose name I seem to see often, but I have yet to read much of her work. In fact, I've only read one other by her - The Perfect Illusion ★★.

Unfortunately, like the previous book I'd read, this one left me feeling... underwhelmed.

I liked the premise and I didn't mind the characters, I just didn't really care for them as a couple.

Their chemistry during their text/phone conversations was strong and that was the one thing I liked. There were just too
Jamie
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
The first half of this one totally had me sucked in... a little angsty, sexy, forbidden... then something happened that I really don't care for too much in my reads (view spoiler) and after that it all felt a little anti-climatic to me. Still a good story with a sweet epilogue; I just wish the 2nd half and been as exciting as the first.
Karin
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ✨✨✨✨

This was a bit different from your typical student/principal book but, I loved it none the less. Ford met Halston online and 3 weeks after they ended there online only thing they met when she walks into his office. He refused to give in no matter how much she tried as long as she was his student. As much as I loved that I would have liked more of them together.

I adored both Halston & Ford. She was straight gangsta!! She was so strong and resilient and after she'd been through in her

• Art of Forgiveness (Stern Family Saga, #2)
  • Teaching Willow: Session Four  (Teaching Willow, #4)
  • The Runaway Countess
  • Royal Disaster (Royal Scandal #2)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Campus Crush, #2)
  • Breaking Gravity (Fall Back, #2)
  • Sweet Jayne
  • Untainted (Tainted Black, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Highlands Forever, #1)
  • Fight (Romanian Mob Chronicles #6)
  • Enticed By You (by You, #1)
  • Fallen Angel
  • Irresistibly Undeniable
  • The Letter
  • Curves of the French Riviera (Curves of the French Riviera, #1)
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • Captive Lies
  • Second Verse (Second Verse, #2)
“It was never about the student-teacher dynamic,” he says. “It was only ever about you. All I ever wanted was the smart-mouthed girl who quoted Great Gatsby in a world where everyone else quoted Nickelback.” 4 likes
“Good words never expire.” 3 likes