Start by marking “The Bees of Rainbow Falls: Finding Faith, Imagination, and Delight in Your Neighbourhood” as Want to Read:

What if we could imagine living in our neighbourhoods in a way that transformed our whole outlook on faith, hope, and love? Preston Pouteaux writes about how an unlikely journey into beekeeping changed how he saw his neighbors. The Bees of Rainbow Falls reminds us that we matter to our community, that goodness is found all around us, and that new life emerges out of the sm ...more
Published July 31st 2017 by Urban Loft Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Bees of Rainbow Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bees of Rainbow Falls

Start your review of The Bees of Rainbow Falls: Finding Faith, Imagination, and Delight in Your Neighbourhood
Daunavan Buyer
This book is amazing! I may be a bit biased as I know the author, but the fact that I know Preston only gives authority to this review because I can say with integrity that Preston lives out what he talks about in this book. He is a practitioner and pastor who longs to participate in the kingdom of God in the context of his neighbourhood!
Preston spends the first part of the book illustrating some of the ways that he has applied his knowledge of beekeeping to life in the neighbourhood.
The secon
Noel Walker
Preston Pouteaux writes about the how faith and hope are found in unlikely places in our neighbourhoods when we take time to tend our surroundings. Many of his insights come from his experience in beekeeping in his neighbourhood of Rainbow Falls.

There is goodness and delight just around the corner, if only we had the eyes to see it.
Karl Ingersoll
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

I wish we could embrace our faith more as beekeepers express care for honey bees. As a pastor I long for my vocation to be free from business rhetoric and more closely connected to Pouteaux’s perspective as a keeper of bees.
Arianna
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gently inspiring book that spoke to my heart. I highly recommend to anyone interested in moving into the community, especially if they don't know where to start.
Andy Littleton
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book that teaches us how to love our neighbors through the authors experience of building community through his church, yard, porch and apiary. Highly recommended!
Wendy Bergdahl
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought Provoking

I found that the Bees of Rainbow Falls was challenging and thought provoking.
It causes me to look at my own life and what my calling is to be in my own neighborhood
Tom Greentree
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my best books of 2018. Inspiring, winsome, and helpful. Highly recommended.
Virginia Lettinga
John Bhadelia
Feb 14, 2018

• This Is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving the Place You Live
  • Don't Invite Them to Church: Moving from a Come and See to a Go and Be Church
  • Feeding & Leading: A Practical Handbook on Administration in Churches and Christian Organizations
  • To Alter Your World: Partnering with God to Rebirth Our Communities
  • Flesh: Bringing the Incarnation Down to Earth
  • Saturate: Being Disciples of Jesus in the Everyday Stuff of Life
  • The New Parish: How Neighborhood Churches Are Transforming Mission, Discipleship and Community
  • The Shaping of Things to Come: Innovation and Mission for the 21st Century Church
  • Staying is the new Going; Choosing to love where God places you
  • A Meal with Jesus: Discovering Grace, Community, and Mission Around the Table
  • Resilient Faith: How the Early Christian "third Way" Changed the World
  • Reframation: Seeing God, People, and Mission Through Reenchanted Frames
  • How to Think: A Survival Guide for a World at Odds
  • Delighting in the Trinity: An Introduction to the Christian Faith
  • Practicing Resurrection: A Memoir of Work, Doubt, Discernment, and Moments of Grace
  • Wait Till Next Year
  • The Best American Travel Writing 2019
  • Godly and Righteous, Peevish and Perverse: Clergy and Religious in Literature and Letters: An Anthology
Preston Pouteaux is a beekeeper, neighbourhood enthusiast, and pastor at Lake Ridge Community Church. He is an engaging speaker, writer, and curator of conversations about faith and neighbourhoods. He serves nationally with Forge Canada and teaches at colleges across the country. He studied at Covenant Bible College, Briercrest College, Regent College, Tyndale Seminary, and Jerusalem University Co ...more

News & Interviews