Start by marking “The Little Book of Kindness” as Want to Read:
The Little Book of Kindness

The Little Book of Kindness

Hardcover
Published September 7th 2017 by Orion (UK) (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Book of Kindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book of Kindness

Start your review of The Little Book of Kindness
Suze Lavender
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bernadette Russell vowed to be kind to strangers every day for a year, which was the start of a whole new way of life. She tried to find various ways to help others, to be there for them, to encourage them and to make them smile. In The Little Book of Kindness she shares her experiences and gives useful advise to those who want to start a kindness project themselves or just want to make the world a better place by being kinder.

The Little Book of Kindness is a nice quick read filled with invalua
Phuongvu
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy, self-help
Một quyển sách nhỏ, dễ thương tập hợp những gợi ý bạn có thể thực hành điều tử tế mỗi ngày trong suốt 366 ngày trong năm.
25.4.2020
Catherine Harris
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I would recommend dipping in and out of this book and not reading it cover to cover as I did (it can get a bit overwhelming if you do it this way). Nonetheless, I did enjoy reading this book and it has some really nice suggestions. I would have preferred more anecdotes and personal stories.
Mokona
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tôi đã làm được một số điều được đề cập trong cuốn sách này. Thực sự nó rất nhỏ, nhưng đòi hỏi bạn phải chịu bỏ thời gian, công sức và cái tâm trong đó. Nhưng mọi thứ đều đáng giá.

Thay vì cứ chạy theo số đông, hãy thay đổi một chút, có thể khác người, có thể bản thân đôi khi phải chịu thiệt, nhưng sự tử tế sẽ luôn cho bạn thấy cuộc sống thật ý nghĩa.
Helen
This book was wonderful, and had some heart-warming suggestions to encourage more kindness into your life. Chapters cover things like how to be kind to yourself, strangers, those you love, the environment and so on. I came away fully inspired to implement the ideas mentioned and would recommend you give this book a read.
Jessica M
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it

In 2011, Bernadette Russell started a blog called 366 Days of Kindness, detailing her attempt to be kind every day to a stranger — it began as a response to the UK riots that year. The blog became incredibly popular, and Bernadette was inspired to write this Little Book so that other people could read about what she’s learnt and be inspired to spread more kindness in their lives.

This book is as much informative, as it is reflective. Bernadette gives many examples of kind
escolastico calvo
Too much kindness

Sincerely I can not agree or disagree with Bernadette Russell. Her journey throughput the world of being kind is somehow inspirational. The amount or list of do are far too many and unsustainable. I suppose she refers to the life of being a good Samaritan. I found she has some good ideas. Plenty advice on being kind. However unless you are prepared to change your life over night and become a monk, you would not find the time and the money to performe all these good deeds. I beli
Ashe Tarasovich
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has some nice ideas about how to make kindness a part of every area of your life, but I think for some things - like approaching strangers on the street with offers of kind deeds - you have to develop a thick skin and prepare to be rudely rejected. Not everyone feels uplifted by ‘random acts of kindness’ and many are mistrustful of strangers bearing gifts, rightly so. Still, there are plenty of good suggestions for kindness to yourself, loved ones and colleagues that I will try to implement ...more
Ravin Ginige
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoughtful Book

Most makes very good sense but to break away from your busy self to put any into action and keep it up is the challenge. Nevertheless one needs to strive to be more kind to ourselves and others
Tiffany
Xã hội càng hiện đại, con người càng cần những cuốn sách để nhắc nhở họ rằng tử tế với người xung quanh là điều cần thiết, là hãy cho đi rồi sẽ nhận lại, đừng đợi người khác, hãy tốt, hãy cứ tốt, rồi mọi thứ xung quanh cũng sẽ dần tươi sáng hơn mỗi ngày :)
Marina
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple acts of kindness make the world a better place

Lots of sweet suggestions for little ways to make a difference! Bernadette Russell’s writes with compassion and makes a compelling case for us all to start making changes.
Joanne Tognarelli
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting read & I do feel that we all should be kinder to ourselves & each other. I don't that the suggestions are for me although great that there are people out there doing random acts of kindness - just need to work out how to be kinder in my own way. ...more
Lyndsey
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great wee book. Thought provoking
Chiara Zucconi
Jan 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
come spesso accade, questi libri sembrano più autocelebrativi *oh che bella persona che sono* che istruttivi..
Bố Luke
Sống tử tế, làm việc tốt mỗi ngày —> Hạnh phúc.
Andie Allison
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Nothing new here
Emma Saanen
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help-2019
A lovely little book for days you need a wee boost.
Mrs Claire Milne
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn't concentrating on any books and needed a wee inspiring read which this turned out to be. Some nice ideas about how we can spread some kindness and be kind to ourselves. ...more
Lesley Anne Neale
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous little book that makes you think how little acts of kindness can change people's lives.
Lam
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Một cuốn sách dễ đọc và đọc cũng nhanh. Cuốn sách mà đến được với nhiều nhiều người thì tốt quá.
Charlotte
Mar 27, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Kindness: The Little Thing that Matters Most
  • The Enzyme Factor
  • Ngọc sáng trong hoa sen
  • Love for Imperfect Things: How to Accept Yourself in a World Striving for Perfection
  • phẩm cách của văn chương
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • National Geographic The World's Most Beautiful Places
  • Feng Shui Plain  Simple: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • Zen Gardens: The Complete Works of Shunmyo Masuno, Japan's Leading Garden Designer
  • Danger Is Everywhere: A Handbook for Avoiding Danger
  • Lean Customer Development: Building Products Your Customers Will Buy
  • Form Design Patterns
  • The Thank You Economy
  • Conversations With Lee Kuan Yew: Citizen Of Singapore: How To Build A Nation (Giants of Asia Series)
  • Thay Đổi Tư Duy - Hãy Cứ Phi Lý Đi
  • Một đời thương thuyết
  • Một ngày của bố
  • Damn Good Advice (For People with Talent!): How To Unleash Your Creative Potential by America's Master Communicator, George Lois