Start by marking “Storm Gathering (The Scorpius Syndrome, #4)” as Want to Read:
Storm Gathering (The Scorpius Syndrome, #4)

Storm Gathering

(Scorpius Syndrome #4)

Even before surviving the Scorpius bacterium, Greyson Storm was a lone wolf navigating minefields. As a kid, he learned to take a hit and find safety. As an adult, he joined the military and quickly learned how to protect and defend. When the world ended, he created a mercenary camp with military precision, no entanglements, and a promise to avenge a fallen friend. As part ...more
Published September 19th 2017 by RAZ INK LLC

To ask other readers questions about Storm Gathering, please sign up.
arabia Hi. You might have come across this already, but just in case: yes, this book will be available in paperback. Here are a couple of retailers for…moreHi. You might have come across this already, but just in case: yes, this book will be available in paperback. Here are a couple of retailers for example: Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/1947418009/...) and Barnes & Noble (https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/stor...).(less)

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✮✮✮ 4.5 STARS ✮✮✮

Those who have been following this series have met Greyson Storm, the fearless and enigmatic leader of the Mercenaries, and Maureen "Moe" Shadow, sister of Raze who we met in "Shadow Falling."
What we know so far is that Moe was kidnapped by Grey and held captive and Raze can free her when he does Grey a "favor." Neither of them expected the strong attraction they would feel for each other but there are more surprises for the beautiful scientis
Claire Robinson
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "In the apocalypse, you gave me hope..." Stars!

The fourth book in Rebecca Zanetti’s Scorpious Syndrome series, takes us away from Vanguard Territory and plants Maureen Shadow firmly in Mercenary Territory and Greyson Storm’s cross-hairs.

Having felt the previous two books offered little in the way of plot development for the bigger story arc, I am pleased to say that Zanetti finally takes steps to remedy that and start things moving along in Storm Gathering this book felt like it was a long
Jilly
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this series we follow the stories of the survivors of Scorpius Syndrome - a bacteria that killed most of the world's population and left the rest of them pretty messed up. The people who had the disease and survived can end up a bit crazy. Like psychotic, not like crazy-fun-happy-times. More like stabby-killy-torture times. The president of this new world is one of the crazies and his vice-president is a plain old sociopath.

A crazy president? Wow, how screwed up would that be? Good thing this
Kate's Corner

One of my favourite series of all time. The Scorpios Syndrome is action packed with an exceptional plot. It sucked me and I haven't found a book so engaging for a long time. Ms. Zanetti can do no wrong in my opinion.

Greyson Storm all I can say he is on a whole new level when it comes to being a leader, an alpha. Leader of the mercs. They are brutal, ruthless but protective. They also have to adapt and the time has come to either align with the president or Vanguard. I know who I’ll choose. Greys
Jo
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All dystopia romance fans.

This is the best dystopia I’ve ever read with one of the most fascinating world-building and plot.

If society ends up starving in the aftermath of Scorpius, make sure you blame Greyson Storm. The asshole.
—Maureen Shadow, Notes

A deadly bacteria was released when a meteor had fallen to earth and some stupid kids decided to cut pieces off it. The bacteria, named Scorpius, was transferred by saliva, semen and blood. Millions didn’t survive and those that Scorpius attached their brains, leaving th

Beth
Storm Gathering was the perfect reality break, hot and heated chemistry balanced with an intellectually stimulating plot and top off with enough action to keep you white knuckle reading.

If you’ve been waiting for Greyson’s story…
The wait is over. We finally get the background of the big bad military leader of the all-male camp fighting against the Scorpius Syndrome, and what a story.

It all comes down to choices, do you side with evil if it's your best chance for survival? Do you let emotions dic
Julia's Book Haven
I've been looking forward to Greyson's book since he was introduced and he did not disappoint. I knew Greyson and Maureen were going to be an interesting couple, they had a lot going against them but their connection couldn't be denied and you can feel that right from the start. They are electric together. And despite the bad odds they stick together which I loved.

Before this book we knew next to nothing about Greyson, so I really loved getting to know his background and his motives and even th
Under the Covers Book Blog
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

Zanetti has kept me excited and steadily intrigued in what’s happening in this post-apocalyptic world she created. Storm Gathering, as well as the previous books in the series, has plenty of action and suspense that will keep you at the edge of your seat. The story and characters will suck you in like nothing else matters in your day to day life.
Marta Cox
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Wow what an amazing edition to this series. Having previously known that Greyson Storm , the leader of the Mercs had kidnapped Maureen Shadow ( sister of Raze ) it was oh so interesting to go back ever so slightly to see just how their relationship began. To say this book helps flesh out the bigger picture would be putting it mildly as not only is this about the couple but it's a book that really makes the Mercs pick a side.
We all know that the President is a total freak with insane ideas and h
☕ Kimberly
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
While each of the books follows one couple's romance, the Scorpius Syndrome series has an overall storyline best followed in order. The books are action-packed filled with danger, political maneuvering, and pure survival as each group works to protect their people and live another day. Think Walking Dead (TV show) without the zombies.

Greyson Storm a Marine sniper is the leader of the Mercs who previously kidnapped, Moe (Maureen) Shadow, the sister of Vanguards leader Raze Shadow and brought her
AJ
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 kickass stars!

I freaking love this series! Action, excitement and intrigue with passionate and intense against-the-odds romance all set in a dangerous and exciting post-apocalyptic world where the breakout of the Scorpius virus has killed off 99% of the population and the survivors cluster together in gangs in order to survive – fighting off rival gangs for territory and precious resources, while desperately searching for a cure, and working to rebuild civilisation.

Up until now, the books hav
Mindy Lou's Book Review
In this installment of The Scorpius Syndrome we get Greyson and Maureen. We met these two in a previous book but did not get their beginning. I was glad that the author started their book with how they met and got to the point of their entry in the last book. We learn that while Maureen was taken to get Raze to deliver Vivienne to the Mercs. Despite being kidnapped by Grey, she comes to learn how honorable he is and makes the choice to keep working with him against her brother, Raze's wishes to ...more
maggieandteddy
4.5 stars. I've been hooked. I was so anxious to read this book. I borrowed this from Sara-thank you!
This is Greyson and Maureen's book. *This is not a standalone*
I think that this one has great chemistry and is very sensual and romantic. That IS when Greyson and Maureen are trying to avoid being attacked by the President and his (hit man) Vice Prez Lake. OYE! He's another baad dude. grrr
Crazy leaders-reminds me of California. In fact- this takes place (again) in California. L.A. and Santa Barba
RachelW (BamaGal)
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
2.5 Stars. I love the idea of this series, the brave new dystopian world. I am interested to know how they make it and move forward with life in this setting. Unfortunately, this intriguing idea is left in the hands of a romance author...and one of only fair writing talent at that.

The good bits of storyline take second place to the mush of the romance. The sex to story ratio is very high. There are pages and pages of steamy sex throughout; so much that I want to scream at them to get out of bed
Timitra
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am loving this series. It is action packed, full of adventure, sexy times and love. Every time I crack one of these books open I am swept away into a world that is as fascinating as it is scary with intriguing characters and an interesting plot that keeps me fully engrossed until the very last word. I really enjoyed where the author took this book and can't wait to see where she takes us next.

If you love dystopian stories that are filled with adventure, action and hot sex do not hesitate to re
Laurie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sci-fi
The Scorpious Syndrome is a series I get excited about when a new one comes out. It puts me in my sci-fi, post-apocalyptic happy place. It’s full of strong women and the swoon-worthy men who are strong enough to let their women be who they need to be. I also love that intelligence is as respected as being a strong and capable warrior is. This series has an ongoing story arc so I recommend starting it from the beginning or you will be lost.

I’ve been waiting for Greyson and Maureen’s book for a lo
Dawn
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. This is this next book in this series and picks up back at Vanguard.

Maureen is at Vanguard and is having a bit of a female issue which requires her to see the doctor. The fact that Marcus won't leave the doctor alone is scary and intimidating. But she has bigger problems and since Dr. Penelope can handle him she follows the doctor's orders.

Greyson Storm, leader of the mercs and fond of Maureen is back with Damon. He had once kidnapped her and now he needs her back.

When he ask
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Storm Gathering brought with it more action, more tension, more hotness and a strong plot!

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
I was so happy Storm Gathering brought me Maureen's and Greyson's story, as they were on the sidelines in Justice Ascending. With every book in the series, a little more about the scorpius syndrome's mystery is uncovered. And here, some real solutions were found - until the president stepped in to make things difficult for Maureen.

Betw
Alison
For some reason I started this book ages ago, didn't like the way it was going and dropped it. Randomly I picked it up again, from the start, and loved it.

Although we have seen glimpses of this previously it is all explained in more detail in this book (hurrah). Maureen Shadow is a plant Biotechnology Engineer working for a way to grow food in a world devastated by the Scorpius virus. Sister to Raze Shadow of Vanguard, she has been kidnapped by Greyson Storm of the rival Mercs gang. Although Mau
 B.E.Love
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, the continuation and evolution of this story just gets better and better. I loved Grayson and Maureen and loved them together but I will say some of Grayson's decisions irritated me and were stupid. He seemed to cause problems at times when everyone already has more than enough problems to start with. I also didn't like that they said Grayson's mom abandoned him when she died, I'm sure it can feel like it but she didn't choose to leave him she died(maybe I'm making a big deal ...more
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated 4.5 Stars

This series is the B. O. M. B. (sometimes literally)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melanie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2017, dystopian
Review originally posted at RabidReads.ca.

I was very excited to back in the world of Scorpius Syndrome. I just love this world that Rebecca Zanetti has created. If you’re not familiar with this world, it is a post-apocalyptic world created by a bactrim that spreads rapidly. Many people died after contracting this disease, but not everyone dies. But, people are changed. How much they change varies. Some are just faster, both physically and mentally. Some have gotten extreme cases of OCD,
Sophia
Gritty, action, suspense, and passion in a post-world fight for survival keeps me salivating for each new release and riveted once I have it in my hands. Since I encountered Greyson and Maureen in Shadow Falling, I have craved their book and it totally lived up to the promise I saw in this pair back then.

Storm Gathering is book four in the Scorpius Syndrome series. Including the prequel, this series works best in order because, though it presents a new pair to get their romance in each installme
Paris
I’ve been wanting to learn more about Greyson Storm since we first met him. There was something about him that I found so intriguing. He’s supposed to be one of the bad guys because he isn’t a part of Vanguard, but is he really? Or is he just trying to survive like everyone else? We definitely find out in this book and I absolutely loved every second of it. Grey is just as alpha as the other men in this series. He’s possessive, arrogant and will do whatever it takes to keep his people safe and t ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
I've followed Rebecca Zanetti's Scorpius Syndrome series from book one with Lynne and Jax and have absolutely LOVED it since. This latest installment features Maureen Shadow and Greyson Storm and boy is it amazing! Like in all her books, the author continues to keep the plot interesting and flowing and the chemistry between Maureen and Grey was ON FIRE. FLAMING HOT people!! Prepare to get scorched because this book was insanely hot and amazing!

After seeing the chemistry and unspoken attraction b
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
5 stars photo: Rate 5 Stars Rate5.gif

Advanced Readers Copy Courtesy of Netgalley....:)

Sometimes it is so difficult to review these books, because honestly how do you put a label on utter perfection? I mean I read every books Ms Zanetti writes and I love them all!!!

This is the 4th installment of this post apocalyptic series and it definitely needs to be read in order to understand what exactly is going on.

This book is Greyson and Maureen's story and I must say I have been looking forward to Greyson's books since he was first int
Lynn Thinking out loud
I love me some Grayson Storm. I can't wait for Damon's story. If you love strong alpha men willing to do anything to save their women this this book and series is for you.
Go ahead get this book you won't regret it.
Kimmi
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-challenge
Rebecca Zanetti brings another thrilling story to life with Storm And Moe. Watching the world around them post Scorpuis brings unlikely couples and different allies together. Can't wait for the next thrilling story in The Scorpius Syndrome. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Debrac2014
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! Greyson had to think too long about who he would ally, when it was a no brainer! Otherwise, I enjoyed the story!
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.

Scorpius Syndrome (6 books)
  • Mercury Striking (Scorpius Syndrome, #1)
  • Shadow Falling (The Scorpius Syndrome, #2)
  • Justice Ascending (The Scorpius Syndrome, #3)
  • Winter Igniting (Scorpius Syndrome, #5)
  • Knight Awakening (Scorpius Syndrome #6)
“We’re having a problem right now, sweetheart.”
She swallowed, the fine line of her delicate throat moving. “Let go.”
“I’d like to.” He lied. “But you keep pushing. Just how far do you intend to take this.”
0 likes
“I don’t think you’d hurt me.”
He had been paying attention to the knife and not the conversation. “Baby, if you had any idea what I’d like to do with you, you’d be backing away.”
0 likes