Start by marking “Rain” as Want to Read:
Rain

Rain

Standalone/No cliffhanger
Charlie had it all.
Beauty. Brains. And the guy.
Until the perfect boyfriend went from heaven to hell.
Fearful for her life, and the sting of his hand still lingering on her cheek, she runs.
But she knows he won't let her go so easily.

Determined to leave his crime-ridden life behind, Rain retreated deep into the Oregon woods.
He has everything he
Published April 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rain

Start your review of Rain
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rain is the first book that I've read by C.E. Johnson, and WOW! I LOVED every exciting & suspenseful minute of it! As I devoured it cover to cover in one sitting, I found her writing style to be both brilliant, and original. It all starts when Charlie gets into a car wreck while on the run from an abusive boyfriend, when Rain finds her in his part of the woods. He's a paranoid man who lives by himself in the middle of nowhere, not letting anyone near him, and not going anywhere where people ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Prepare to fall head over heels in love. Rain is an emotional hit you right in the feels read. Brimming with most real, sweet, and raw love story this book is one I devoured. The second I started reading this I was immediately pulled in and didn’t put it down until the last page. This book is FANTASTIC!

Two broken souls both struggling to survive in very different ways. Rain and Charlie are the kind of characters you get addicted to. I couldn’t get enough of them. Rain seems gruff and cold, but
Tia Louise
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling, sexy, and totally addictive! I absolutely LOVED this story from CE Johnson.

If you love damaged heroes and ladies on the run, this will be right up your alley. The chemistry between Rain and Charlie was perfect, and I loved watching this story unfold. It had everything I love in a great romance, excitement, surprises, tingly reunions...

Don't miss this 5-Star romantic suspense read--it has ALL the feels!
The Color of Ink
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fortunately, I’ve had the pleasure of reading all three of C.E. Johnson’s books back to back. The best thing about doing so is being able to see her story telling and writing style literally blossom before my eyes. I’m sad that it took so long to be introduced to her, but I’m so happy that I’m in the loop now.

This is her third book, and I’m just going to say it’s a great one. Rain is all alpha male, but once you break through that rough exterior you find a sweetness that just washes away the
Debbie
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first by this author and let me give her her due…..girl has skills. The writing was easy to read, smooth and flowed well from scene to scene. I really enjoyed reading this authors style and it seemed to have some of the grit and edginess I crave in a book…dark histories, uncomfortable truths and emotions steeped in murky water.

Charlie was strong and resilient when she could have easily been weak and needy and man, I love agirl that is willing to fight in spite of horrible
Dora Koutsoukou
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 s!!!!

“Dance with me” he whispers.....
and at that right moment I was head over heels!!!!!
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

“Rain” is my first book by C.E. Johnson and I certainly like her way of serving a story. Her author profile promises the reader that she “She prefers stories that rip your heart out completely, then kindly place it back into your chest with a HEA” but will she be able to serve that with this novel ?

While the beginning of the story felt a little bumpy to me as I had the feeling of being thrown into the plot – the story flow after the first chapter was smooth and at just the right pace.
The
Angie Klug
C.E. Johnson...where have you been all my life?!

First, can we talk cover?!! HOLY WOW!! It really doesn't get much better than that...

Until you meet the name-sake, the leading man, Rain. There aren't enough words. Recluse, Paranoid, Protective, Dog-lover, Cautious, Creative, Curious, Caring, Dangerous, Fiery, HOT HOT HOT!!!

Enter Charlie. We first meet her on the run. She's escaping her nightmare and in her rush to do so...crashes her car into some trees off the highway on her way to 'she doesn't
Novel Grounds
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is one of those emotional reads that just literally lived up to the saying "All The Feels". I loved it cover to cover. This was my first read from this author and it set off the binge read of the rest of her books.

I got completely hooked on Rain and Charlie. I became obsessed with them as I was reading. They both had their struggles but you become compelled to see them through.

This is a story of two souls who help each other bloom and heal little by little. I loved how they both broke
Sarah Armstrong
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Fantastic story. Love rain & Charlie together. They are perfect. Story flowed nice, with wonderful secondary characters. Fantastic epilogue. 5 stars.
Kim
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: recommended
3.5 stars. Makes me think that some reviewers are not honest or have other influences ...more
ANB kc
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tisha
Rain gave me major Keanu Reaves in John Wick vibes and I loved it!
Nancy Reads
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RAIN is my first book to read by C.E. Johnson. I've had this book on my TBR list since it came out in April. Since I finished the last page of the book, I don't know why I waited so long to read it! I've already bought another book by the author to read next. I really highly recommend this book.

Charlie (Charlotte) has been in an abusive relationship since her senior year of high school. His name was Austin Greenwood, and when they first met she thought he was the man of her dreams. He only
Michelle Sullivan
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this book. It was suspenseful, beautiful and sexy... add some humor and you have one amazing story! I could go on all night about how incredible it is but instead I will just recommend this to everyone. Charlie and Rain’s story is one you don’t want to miss!! Amazing work C.E Johnson!!!!
Brittany
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book! It kept me interested and there were a few twists and turns that had me wanting more. The banter between Rain and Nicole kept things light and I loved Luther! Great read!
Diane
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

CE Johnson is a new to me author and I absolutely love the synopsis of the story...it captures your attention and wants to drag you in to these characters lives. Her writing style is exquisite, and the story line just flows from one page into the next.

I love Charlie/Charlotte's courage and determination, and I love Rain's hardened but good heart. There are some real emotional overload moments. That dance...I think my heart may have exploded!

I did feel the climax of the story may have
Amy Popewiny
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to get this book by the author for a honest review. Let me just say I am IN LOVE with it!

This is a story about Charlie in the worst relationship with the biggest scumbag. When she finally get the courage to flee unfortunate events lead her straight into Rain.

Rain lives on his own in a secluded cabin. He is hiding from his past so having Charlie around wasn't part of plans. There is an immediate connection between them, but neither fully trusts the other.

Events make both
Yazmin Martinez
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

The story starts out with Charlie being in an abusive relationship. She decides to get away for the 2nd time after being caught the first time, and that didn't go so well for her when Austen caught her. She decides to escape in the middle of the night and upon getting away successfully it starts to rain and because she is so paranoid she finds herself driving onto a dirt road and crashing her car when there is a car behind her. Here comes Rain (swoons) because while he has his own
Book
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by author CE Johnson, and I have to tell you, I was not disappointed! The story follows two characters who end up in each other’s lives by absolute chance and as you get to know them and their backgrounds, you grow to love them more and more. I found this to be an easy read (in a great way!) It’s the type of book you can take to the beach and get so absorbed in, you can finish it in a day! I found myself smiling like an idiot, crying and flipping the pages with anxiousness ...more
Gwen Shafer
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first one that I have read by this writer. I loved it. Charlie is trying to start over after she runs from her abuser. She ends up getting into an accident that will forever change her life. She meets Rain when he finds her near his home in the woods. He takes her in and things change for both of them. I absolutely love Rain.He is yummy from the beginning with a mystery side to him. But you have to love that mystery side of him. This was an intense story line with both of them having ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read any of this authors’ work, and goodness, it will certainly not be the last. Charlie and Rain are both broken souls, who struggle in their own ways to survive. No spoilers though; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed. This is a well written and beautiful story which is filled with humour, suspense, emotion, sweetness, rawness, and is a sexy and powerful story. I will certainly be adding this author to my favourites and 1-click lists, and cannot wait ...more
Jean Bachen
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great story with main characters overcoming dark pasts and learning to love, and supporting characters that are so much fun. Luther may be my favorite supporting character from any of the books that I have read lately. Both Rain and Charlie have dark pasts for different reasons, and watching them overcome those pasts and learn to love each other made a story that was difficult to put down. Also, there is just enough suspense in this book to keep you on the edge of your seat. This will ...more
LeeAnn Chiz
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The characters in this book are captivating and so well written!!! I couldn't put this down. The twists and turn throughout will keep you guessing and make you continue to read to discover the whole storyline. It's mystery mixed with a love story and realistic situations you can relate to that makes you adore the braveness of Charlie and the struggles of Rain who learned to open up his heart again after a troubling past. If you want a great love story that you can lose yourself in, this is the ...more
Tammy  Paterson
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Letting Go of the Past

I really liked this book and have it the rating of 4 because it was entertaining and was a great love story. From the beginning to the end I could relate to all the pain that both Rain and Charlie had through out their pasts. It was so real to see them find love with each other thru all the tormented feelings they carried and learn to trust again. Great book and I would recommend it to readers.
Tarryn Knight
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a great book this is. This book grabbed my attention from the first page of chapter one. The suspense in the book is great it will have you wanting to keep reading all night. The two main character Rain and Charlie have been through so much. I love how protective Rain is over Charlie. He learns to find trust and live with her. She learns to gain back her confidence and trust as well with Rain. I could not stop reading this book and I would recommend this to friends and family.
M L Dyson
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved, loved, loved this story!!! This is the story of Rain and Charlie.....and what a thrilling and salacious story it is! This is the story of two shattered souls given a second chance at life - a story of hope, redemption and trust. It is a one of finding love in the most unexpected places and learning to let go of the hurts of the past. This is definitely one of my favorites this year! ...more
Billy J Stratton
Little gem I found on facebook.

This book showed up on my Facebook page the other day so I clicked to get the synopsis of the story. It sounded really good and it was on kindle unlimited so I grabbed it. This was a really good story. I was pulled right into the middle of Charlie and Rain. They both have a past they want to escape from. Grab this story and you will not be disappointed.
Dena
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good one

This book is filled with violence so that's to start off with. I thought this was a great story. The hero was just as messed up as the heroine and they never made excuses about anything. I loved how they supported each other. I also like the chemistry between them. This was definitely a good one.
I Dont Get Sundays
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Guy with an edge. Check. Woman who needs hid from a monster. Check. Suspense that will keep you guessing until the end. Check. This book had so much going on and yet you will only be focused on Rain's growing love for Charlie. You will want to push them together every time they fight their feelings.
Jamie
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read romance book

I knew when I read the blurb , I would not want to put this book down . Rain had a rough exterior to him , that would push others away from him. Meet Charlie who has been threw more than one person should endure. Rain and Charlie together means they can be happy and have the love they both deserve.

• Life Support (American Heroes, #1)
  • Breaking Meredith (Disciples #4)
  • Winning His Wife (Baby Daddy University, #1)
  • Beauty and the Boss (Billionaire's Obsession, #1)
  • Beautiful Ever After (Beautiful Illusions Duet, #2)
  • Ditched
  • RORY: Brothers Ink Tattoo (Brothers Ink Tattoo Series Book #4)
  • Fake It for Me (Bad Boy Greeks, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Breaker
  • Through His Eyes
  • Stalk Her
  • Damaged (South Side Boys, #1)
  • Magic Man (The Good Guys)
  • Giovanni
  • Bear's Forever
  • Waiting for Autumn
  • Magic Unchained (Half-Blood Academy, #4)
C.E. Johnson is an author of contemporary and suspense romance novels.

When not writing until all hours of the night (with lots of late night coffee runs), she loves to read books that feature a strong male with a soft spot for his feisty heroine. She prefers stories that rip your heart out completely, then kindly place it back into your chest with a HEA.

She lives in a suburb of Chicago with her