Start by marking “Living with Endometriosis: The Complete Guide to Risk Factors, Symptoms, and Treatment Options” as Want to Read:

A knowledgeable handbook with a patient's perspective for women afflicted with the common, debilitating, painful disease known as endometriosis

More than 176 million women worldwide suffer with endometriosis, a condition causing agonizing pelvic pain which affects every aspect of a woman's life. While there is currently no cure for endometriosis, patients can take action to
Published April 24th 2018 by Hatherleigh Press

To ask other readers questions about Living with Endometriosis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living with Endometriosis

Start your review of Living with Endometriosis: The Complete Guide to Risk Factors, Symptoms, and Treatment Options
Jessica
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Calling this book a "complete" guide was a bit ambitious. I would consider it the author's "complete story" of living with the disease but not a complete guide for others. Literally anyone living with this disease could've written this book but I was hoping to gain some new information other than what I already know. Perhaps someone who is newly diagnosed would find this book helpful but everything it contains can be found and re-hashed on a good Google search.
Linda
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this book to learn more about Endometriosis. I know several people who have the condition and I was curious about it from a personal perspective. Samantha Bowick writes clearly and thoughtfully. She makes a point of telling the reader that this was her experience and that every person dealing with this condition will have their own reality. That said, she gives the reader excellent information that will be helpful in preparation for doctor visits and how to think about the different treat ...more
Kailyn
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
By no means is this a "complete" guide to endometriosis. The topics discussed are very brief and basic, and a lot of the book was very repetitive. I was hoping for more.
Elisa
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author’s personal journey from diagnosis to research and advocacy is one that makes my head spin. There are a wealth of resources included as well.
Rabecca
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
My rating: 3.8

I have to give props to the author for writing this book. Not everyone would have the motivation or patience to complete this task, especially at a young age.

This book covers the author's story, her experiences of her battle with endometriosis. I, personally, do not know if I would've titled it "complete guide" though.

"Living with Endometriosis" covers Bowick's journey through diagnosis, multiple treatment plans, testings, and surgeries. It also discussed the other chronic illnes
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: human-body
Endometriosis sucks-- and the pain is only the beginning. The fact that the people we're supposed to be able to turn to for help don't have enough (or any) knowledge to do so has a seemingly endless number of consequences.

So we've adapted. We hide our pain, throw on a smile, and do the best we can to make it through another day. We spend ridiculous amounts of money on appointments, heating pads, oils, devices, and a whole variety of medications in desperate attempts at pain relief. We search fo
Sarah Craig

• For Hire: Audition
  • Graveyard Shakes
  • Hard Wired
  • Teen Titans: Raven
  • Queen Song (Red Queen, #0.1)
  • Here at Dawn
  • Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite
  • Steel Scars (Red Queen, #0.2)
  • Has to Be Love
  • The Doctor Will See You Now: Recognizing and Treating Endometriosis
  • The Long View: Some Thoughts About One of Life's Most Important Lessons
  • The Kingdom of Back
  • Existence (Existence, #1)
  • Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)
  • The Connected Parent: Real-Life Strategies for Building Trust and Attachment