Start by marking “Greek Gods #squadgoals (OMG Classics)” as Want to Read:
Greek Gods #squadgoals (OMG Classics)

Greek Gods #squadgoals

(OMG Classics)

OMG Classics, the greatest stories ever told . . . in texts. Imagine: What if Mount Olympus got WiFi and the gods and goddesses had smartphones? The classic Greek myths get new life in irreverent and hilarious texts and posts!

Zeus, a king of the gods always in search of a new bae.
A squad of goddesses who can’t resist stirring the pot.
And the selfie-obsessed heroes out
Published November 7th 2017 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Greek Gods #squadgoals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Greek Gods #squadgoals

Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

I love Greek mythology, so I was very curious about this book because it sounded like a lot of fun. And it was!

Cas/Misha :)

It’s written in a mix of text messages and social media posts, almost as if the gods are messaging each other. There are emojis present. It was amazing! Lol.

The book, for being so short and such a fast read, actually goes through quite a bit of the Greek myths. They are concise and to the point and I really liked that. I particularly loved how funny this w
Lisa Mandina
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Srsly, these books are to die 4!!!

Okay, once again I was blown away by the immensely creative way this book was written. As an adult, some of the text shortcuts were not ones I understood or knew what they meant, but fortunately there was a bit of a glossary to help with that. As a high school librarian, I love how well this explains in an easy to understand way the Greek myths and really how messed up all of those gods were. It only took me two thirty minute lunch breaks to read this, as it is
Kate
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-fiction
#SnakeHairDontCare
Sara
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is exactly how the Greeks myths were meant to be told

ps. The views expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the views of Indigo Books & Music Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
Ashley
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
This book was an absolute riot from start to finish. I'm a grown woman, and even I found myself laughing at some of the clever jokes told through fictional social media posts and emojis in this book. While it's not likely to win any literary awards (it is, after all, written in "chat speak"), it is a perfect overview of Greek myths told in a way that most middle and high school students will understand very well. As a bonus for us not-so-savvy adults, there's a helpful glossary in the back expla ...more
Barbara
While the charm of this emoticon- and text-abbreviation series wears off pretty quickly once you've read a few of them, it still is strong enough to keep teen and middle graders reading--and it might just make readers of some of them. In this installment, that clever author, Courtney Carbone, sends up the Greek gods and goddesses in all their glory--and insecurity. Readers will meet Zeus who's always looking for a hookup, Oedipus who tries to thwart the dire prophecy about his future, Narcissus ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Carbone, Courtney Greek Gods #squadgoals, 115 pages. GRAPHIC NOVEL Random House, 2017. $10. Content: Language: R (21 swears; 22 “f”); Mature Content: PG-13; Violence: PG.

This is a brief overview of the Greek gods told through texts and emoji’s. Starting with Uranus and moving through Kronos, Zeus and their siblings and children, there is a brief summary of their interactions with each other: deaths, marriages, betryals. Taking on the Greek myths is a daunting task, but to try and do it through
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Greek Gods is a unique little book that pretty much gives you a run down of all the gods and how they came to be by the gods themselves.

What would things be like if the Greek gods had cell phones, well there conversations would be a lot different I am sure and this book gives us that view. It's written all in text and tweets from the gods themselves to their spouse or family members. You can read about all the different gods and what happened to them or how they get themselves in trouble and it'
David Edmonds
Ever wonder what the Greek Gods would be like in today's smartphone, text-speak, social media society? Well, Greek Gods #squadgoals is for you. It's a goofy, fun slim book that tells the entire story of the Greek Gods pantheon all thru texts, emojis, and social media posts. Having a base knowledge of original myths helped make this especially funny for me, but you don't really need to be that familiar with the myths to still have fun reading the book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and would ...more
Kristi Starr
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, ya, fantasy
It's hard to make me laugh, and I rarely LOL when reading, but I busted out laughing several times in this little gem of a book. This is the first of these books I've read and the first I've purchased for my HS library, but it certainly won't be the last. I handed it off to my teenagers several times, and my 15-year old daughter is reading it now.

Many stories of the Greek gods are told via texts, emojis, and social media. And they are so stinkin' creative! It is a very quick and thoroughly enjo
Becky
Not the best offering in this series. I think if the author had done longer versions of fewer myths it would have been better. I don't think this is one that makes sense if you don't already know those stories. Also, in the section about the War of the Titans, the book keeps saying that Zeus etc. are the siblings of the Titans, when not only is this not true it directly conflicts with the previous section about Kronos and is really confusing just within a couple of pages.
Alec
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All of the books in this "series" are cute, but this one was fantastic. I laughed out loud at almost every page, and just had a total blast reading this. This was definitely my favorite in the series!

Oh, and I'm so glad there was a glossary in the back. I know the common text abbreviations, of course, but there were still a ton used here that I had to look up.
M a n o s h i
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this was such a creative way to portray the Greek gods!!! Since I am such a nerd I got all the jokes that the gods made and I just REALLY LOVED HOW funny and short and awesome it was !!! I need to check out the rest of these!! Once I started I couldn’t stop it was addicting 😆
Carrie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun take on the Greek Myths with texts, social media statuses and invitation emails from titans like Kronos all the way down to heroes like Perseus. My favorite was when Gaia was posting about Kronos eating their children....
Jessica
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
In the same vein as the other OMG classics. I felt some of the mythos was a little lost in translation to text. I know it is a parody, but like with the others, the core of the play was still there with a lot of comedy. However, overall, very funny and great like the others.
emmy ✰
It was alright! Just a cute, quick read. If you don’t know the stories, some of them aren’t explained that well and it gets confusing at times. But I can’t lie, it did make me laugh!
Julie
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun introduction to Greek myths for the emoji-literate!
Emily
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Greek myths via text. Quick read, captured the essence of the myth not necessarily all the details.

Gift idea for Rick Riordan fans who already own everything he has written. 😉
Erikka
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, humor
These books are just so fun. They’re short and sweet, but they’re a great laugh and I like that she chose some not-so-popular tales from Greek mythology.
Catherine
A fun way to read some of the old Greek stories.
Michael Prier
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious social media version of the Olympians. I loved how they told the lengthy story in emoticons and group chat speak. Thanks to my school librarian for sharing this with me.
AnnaNeverLands
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I actually learned a lot with this and in a fun way! I can't wait to pick up more of the books in this collection.
Paige
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this while reading Circe by Madeline Miller was seriously an adventure from start to finish.
Celeste
Mar 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I liked srsly Hamlet by this author but it’s a bit much to try and take on the Greek gods in text format-it was choppy and disjointed. I also didn’t love the amount of F word acronyms throughout.
Mandy Webb
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This is such a fast, fun read, I giggle snorted so hard I thought I was going to do permanent damage to my nasal passages. What a gun, millinneal twist on Greek mythology.
Natalie {I'd So Rather Be Reading}
Original review: HERE

Watch Macy Kate's Vlog HERE

I read Greek Gods while waiting in the parent pick-up line for my daughter & Macy Kate and it was hilarious! The modern day spin of texting & social media combined with the historical personalities of these God/Goddesses was really fun. I mean who doesn't like a good #hashtag or funny emoji? 🤓📱📚

There are several books in this series, OMG Classics, and I actually want them all. They are such a fun way to introduce classics, in this spe
Loi
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Refreshing and funny take on learning about the deities! 😂
« previous 1 3 4 next »

OMG Classics (3 books)
  • Darcy Swipes Left (OMG Classics)
  • Scrooge #worstgiftever (OMG Classics)