Start by marking “I Am the Boss of this Chair” as Want to Read:
I Am the Boss of this Chair

I Am the Boss of this Chair

When a new kitten joins the family, can a top cat learn to share his chair—and (almost) everything else, too?
“I, Oswald Minklehoff Honey Bunny III, am the boss of this chair. You may look at it, and you may walk by it, but you may not sit in it.
Because I am the boss of this chair, and that’s that.”

Oswald Minklehoff Honey Bunny III has always been top cat. Then Pom
Published March 6th 2018 by Sterling Children's Books (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about I Am the Boss of this Chair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am the Boss of this Chair

Start your review of I Am the Boss of this Chair
Rory
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Good for preschool storytime.
Danielle
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Delightful and bright illustrations and a very funny story told from a cat's POV.
Kaethe Douglas
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Am the Boss of this Chair - Carolyn Crimi illustrated by Marisa Morea Silly cats acting all catty. Best cat name this year:Oswald Minklehoff Honey Bunny III  Pom Pom is the cutest thing ever.

Library copy

Beth
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I completely empathize with Oswald Minklehoff Honey Bunny III. I, too, have a chair that I am the boss of and how dare someone else sit there! :-P
April
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oswald is an only cat, who one day gets a surprise: his owner Samantha has brought home a new kitten named Pom-Pom. At first, Oswald is super jealous of Pom-Poms special treatment and dislikes how he lays in "MY" chair. As time goes on, Oswald learns to love sharing his home with Pom-Pom and discovers the benefits of snuggling (it's more cozy that way) and playing with the mouse toy "Bruce" together. In the end, Oswald decides he will keep one thing for himself: his fully pillow with the golden ...more
Gina Adams
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is cute and all and it is true to how cats act when they get a new sibling but the art in this is everything. I’m obsessed with Marisa Morea and yeah, I bought a picture book because of her, and yeah, I’ll be buying more. She’s so talented.
Jana
Cat lovers and older siblings will both be able to relate to this cute picture book. Oswald is the boss of everything in his house - the chair, the toilet paper, the door, etc. Until Pom-Pom arrives. Pom-Pom is cute and fluffy and hasn’t been informed that Oswald is the boss of everything. Young readers will enjoy finding out how Oswald is going to deal with this frustrating situation. The bold, colorful illustrations are terrific. This would be fun to share as a read aloud to younger children.
Susan
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, storybook
I enjoyed this one. It is a little silly and a lot cute. I think it would be a good story for a recent or about-to-become older sibling.
Cara Byrne
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oswald and Pom Pom initially can't agree on sharing, but becoming co-bosses of most of their domain helps. My four-year-old has this book practically memorized because she loves it so much.
Baby Bookworm
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is the delightful I Am The Boss Of This Chair, written by Carolyn Crimi and illustrated by Marisa Morea, an adorable story of two cats learning the value of sharing.

Oswald Minklehoff Honey Bunny III is boss of many things in his home. The toilet paper, the food dish, his toy mouse Bruce, but ESPECIALLY of his favorite chair. So when his owner brings home a new kitten, Oswald is decidedly put out. Pom Pom
Diane
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Being the boss is much easier when you’re the only cat in the house.”

Oswald Minklehoff Honey Bunny III is used to having things his own way. Then, Pom-Pom, a kitten, shows up. The pushy little kitten uses Oswald’s door, sits in his chair and even messes with his toilet paper, all without asking for Oswald’s permission. But Pom-Pom crosses a line when he grabs Bruce, Oswald’s toy mouse, and the chase is on! Soon both cats are in trouble, hiding under the sofa from their owner, and Os
Anna
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prek-books
Wonderful book! The illustrations are so vibrant and colorful. The cats are so cute and I loved it. It's a sweet story about sharing and I thought it was done so well! It flowed nicely and I loved the way it ended.

I recommend this to all cat lovers! It's adorable.
Tonja Drecker
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cat lovers and younger kids who suddenly have to share will connect with this cute book and a cat with a slight attitude.

Oswald Minklehoff Honey Bunny III is boss of everything in his home, and he likes it that way. So when a fuzzy, little kitten suddenly appears on the scene and Oswald is forced to share, things get a little dicey.

The cover and title already put a smile on the face of cat lovers. Oswald is a lovely cat. He's not mean, but simply accustom to having everyt
Lilith Day
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. When I read the title of the book, the first thing that came to mind was kids. As I was reading this book to kids, it just got funnier and funnier. Not only is this book great for kids, but I bet animal lovers would get a good laugh as well.

This book is about a cat who loves his space. He is set in his own ways and had a hard time sharing. When a new cat comes in, it only makes his life more difficult. It is up to Oswald Miklehoff Honey Bunny III to decide.

Overall this is such a fun read.
Sara
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book and was excited to read this with my 4 year old. Essentially this book is all about a cat named Oswald who is the boss of his chair. When a new kitty named Pom Pom comes to live with them and wants to sit in the chair a fight over who will be the boss starts. In a very predictable way it ends with them learning how to share the chair. It has a lovely message and would be great for a child who becomes a new big brother/sister. I really loved the illustrations in this book and thou ...more
Dena (Batch of Books)
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
It's easy to be the boss when you're the only cat around. But when a new little kitten shows up and does whatever he wants, (cat's name) gets grumpy. That is, until cat's name realizes that life can be just as good (or even better) with a friend.

This brightly illustrated book is about adding someone new to the family and the disruptions it causes. It's perfect for kids experiencing frustration or jealousy of a new baby or younger sibling.

Source: Thank you to the publisher
Melanie
I Am the Boss of this Chair spoke to me as the loyal subject of two smart, sassy cats. While Oswald and Pom-Pom eventually learn to share the chair and come to the realization that playing together is more fun than playing on your own, my cats unfortunately have yet to learn this lesson (one is almost 19, the other is almost 2). This book was a little preachy and blatant with the message, but the illustrations are pretty cute and sharing is generally important, so it still works. Ideal for ages 4-8 a ...more
Lauren
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
An adorably illustrated picture book about a spoiled, bossy kitty named Oswald whose mom bring home a new kitten named Pom-Pom. Pom-Pom does not care if Oswald is the boss! So Oswald and Pom-Pom must learn how to share.

I am attracted mainly to the illustrations of this book but I love any children’s picture books that feature cats. While there isn’t a lot of substance text wise, it’s a cute picture book kids who love cats are sure to enjoy.
Michelle
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
My girls and I really loved this one. We have a blue British shorthair and a cream British shorthair who are 8 months apart so this story actually is our experience. We laughed so much as it took time for our blue boy to adjust to his new brother. Really lovely book which can be used for new siblings or any changes that kids need help adjusting to!
Andrea
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The theme of bossiness is very clear from the very first line, but the story doesn’t come across as didactic. The cat characters and use of exaggeration make this a fun read! Because the characters are cats, they can get away with a lot of naughtiness. I especially liked the ending, because it seemed realistic and I think it would be comforting to a child.
Rachel
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, 2018
Although other books relate this idea of sharing, the motif of “I’m the boss” works well because everyone wants to be the boss and it so rarely happens. Learning to share space with a new cat, the pretentious Oswald Minklehoff Honey Bunny III must recognize what he is and isn’t the boss of and whether or not it’s worth the battle. Recommended for the cat’s name alone.
Becky
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Not being a cat person, this was just fine. A good book to encourage sharing and that sometimes it can be more fun to include more people. I appreciated that our main cat still had his pillow to himself.
Juliana Lee
Oswald is the boss of all his things. Then PomPom moves in and uses all of Oswald's things making him mad. After a little cat fight and a reprimand from Samantha, Oswald decides that sharing isn't so bad... except for his special pillow with the gold tassels, he still the boss of that!
Sheri
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a story told from the cat's p.o.v of his favorite chair and toys he owns. The cat is very spoiled and must share with a new kitten but finds it very hard. Sharing is more of the theme of this cat story. Cats finally reconcile to sharing and being part of the household.
Angela
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pb
A humorous new sibling themed book featuring kitties. Oscar is the boss, in charge of everything, especially his favorite chair, but it seems new addition to the household, Pom-Pom, didn’t get the memo.
Kelly
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
"I am the boss of this chair!" proclaims Oswald the cat. What does Oswald do when his leadership is threatened by a new kitten in the house? I love this book, because it is to true-to-life about dynamics between cats. Recommended for cat lovers of all ages.
Donna Dobihal Smith
Cat lovers will enjoy reading about Oswald the cat who is not pleased the new kitten in the house is pushing in on his territory, in this fun read with amusing illustrations. I am a dog person and still, this book kept me entertained until the very satisfying ending.
Evelyn
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read-books
We, the 8 month old and the 7 year old loved this book. Such a great a life lesson story with beautiful pictures. Especially as the baby starts getting into things and not everyone ahem the 7yr old likes their stuff broken or shared. But come on for me, I loved the kitty cats in it.
Jeimy
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An older cat has to learn to share when a new kitty arrives in his home.
Ami
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cute book about how some things are better shared.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Couch for Llama
  • Carmela Full of Wishes
  • A Big Mooncake for Little Star
  • The Stuff of Stars
  • I'm Sad (I'm Bored, #2)
  • Mixed: A Colorful Story
  • Don't Touch My Hair!
  • The Rough Patch
  • Dandy
  • Llama Destroys the World
  • Joan Procter, Dragon Doctor: The Woman Who Loved Reptiles
  • Allie All Along
  • Love, Z
Carolyn Crimi, AKA the Pirate Queen, is the author of numerous books for young readers, including BORIS AND BELLA, illustrated by Gris Grimly. Of HENRY AND THE BUCCANEER BUNNIES, she says, "While I don't have long floppy ears or a pro-nounced overbite, Henry and I are kindred spirits, who love books and carrots!"