Start by marking “X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl” as Want to Read:
X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl

X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl

(X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl #1-5)

It's hard to keep a good girl down... especially when she's Dead! After a brief hiatus caused by their deaths, everyone's favorite mutants are back! And this time, they're bringing a host of... questions with them. Like why do some heroes and villains keep on dying, only to return from the dead? And why do other heroes and villains bite the bullet, only to remain dead? Who ...more
Published August 23rd 2006 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about X-Statix Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Statix Presents

Start your review of X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl
Printable Tire
Dec 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, no-harm-done look into the Marvel Universe afterlife, an arbitrary chaos if ever there was one. Milligan strikes the correct balance between reverence for the characters while openly mocking the apparent absurd universe from which they spring forth and must deal. Much like real life, eh? Trapped in a world we never made.

It can be a little too silly at times, but silliness is probably necessary or else we'd get all depressed thinking about how the afterlife as expressed here is ess
Matt Shaqfan
Oct 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This probably flew under too many people's radars, which is a shame because it's hilarious, a little dorky, and the art is awesome comic-pop.

I'm not sure what Dr Strange is really like, but in this he's kind of a kook, and has apparently been having problems with hemorrhoids. I even laughed out loud a couple times, which is a hard thing to do when dealing with super hero comics, I think. Between Milligan's writing, Dragotta's pencils (with Mike Allred inking), and Marvel's cast of dead characte
Don
Aug 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I didn't get as much of a kick out of this as I did Milligan's original X-Force/X-Statix run. Dead Girl didn't stick to its premise, which was to take shots at the trope of comics characters dying and come back. Milligan took shots at every trope as it came up--Dr. Strange's quirks, his servant's, the supervillain getting repeatedly beaten, etc.--and even threw in some self-referential X-Statix stuff.

It's good for a single read but in the end, it felt like I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice Le
La Revistería Comics
Está medio loca, está muy fuerte, ¡y está completamente muerta! Las tanáticas aventuras de Chica Muerta en solitario (*) en un único y destrenillante tomo, en el que los muertos hacen lo que sea para volver a respirar un ratito.

*técnicamente, en la mayor parte de la aventura está acompañada por un abombado Dr. Strange, pero por algo la miniserie tiene le nombre de ella sola en el título, ¿no?
Fugo Feedback
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: A los mismos que a los demás tomos.
Recommended to Fugo by: El nombre de su autor.
Este tomo me lo compré como autorregalo para festejar algo que al final no se dio, pero me dio varias alegrías igual. Lástima que al haberlo leído antes que la serie que lo precede me espoileé un par de cosas. Ahora que estoy leyendo toda la serie cronológicamente, seguro cuando llegue al final me lo relea y escriba su correspondiente reseña.
Shannon Appelcline
This is a much more apt ending for the comic than the final arc of the original series. It's a funny, wacky tale that also does a great job of letting some of the X-Forcers be heroes one last time [7+/10].
Jeff
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I think I've grown out of comic books.
Ondra Král
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,5*
Morgan
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Morgan by: Samuel
This one is the best one I think for X-Statix just for the fact they brought in some dead Marvel characters.
Dony Grayman
Nov 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: decto, ed-esp
Sexto tomo de la edición española de Forum/Panini de X-Statix.
Patrick Artazu
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked all the X-Force/X-Statix Milligan/Allred stuff, but this shit just takes it to the NEXT LEVEL
Rand
Jan 04, 2016
Andrew
Oct 14, 2018
Brittany Boza
rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2015

• The New Avengers, Volume 12: Powerloss
  • X-23: Target X
  • Thunderbolts: Widowmaker
  • Hulk: Gray
  • FX, #1: Fx Vs. The Savage Silverback!
  • Hunted (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #6)
  • New Avengers: The Reunion
  • Fantastic Four: 1234
  • Ultimate Galactus, Volume 1: Nightmare
Peter Milligan is a British writer, best known for his work on X-Force / X-Statix, the X-Men, & the Vertigo series Human Target. He is also a scriptwriter.

He has been writing comics for some time and he has somewhat of a reputation for writing material that is highly outlandish, bizarre and/or absurd.

His highest profile projects to date include a run on X-Men, and his X-Force revamp that relaunche

X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl (5 books)
  • X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl #1