Start by marking “Must Love Fashion (Darling Cove #1)” as Want to Read:
Must Love Fashion (Darling Cove #1)

Must Love Fashion

(Darling Cove #1)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
This a previously-published edition of ASIN B074L621Q2

Escape into the exciting world of fashion where Andrew Morgan, a former male model turned brand manager meets his match in Gwendolyn Mallory, a beautiful small town public relations specialist he doesn’t think he needs.

She was hired to turn the fashion world upside down...not his.

Go behind the scenes as Gwen sets out to
Published August 4th 2017 by Roane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Must Love Fashion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must Love Fashion

Rosemary
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
High fashion Prada with a true romantic and sexual romance. Very well written. Love the main characters Andrew and Gwen. Highly recommend
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance
This is such an engrossing story, I couldn't put it down. The story is a heart-felt journey of two people finding love amidst the frenetic pace of a top fashion house. Filled with complex, believable, and very likable characters, this story kept me up needing to know what was going to happen next. This is the first book by this author I have read and it won't be my last.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Romaine Heart
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gwen has her plate full. She applied to a Must Love Fashion ad to apply for a job as Publicity and Marketing Executive position with the help from her friend Enrico. Gwen's dream job come true working for Prada. Gwen is also in the process of a divorce from her husband. Since her mother's fight with cancer, Gwen has regular mammograms. Now Gwen must have another biopsy due to a lump.
Andrew is an ex-model and now Brand Manager for Prada. Andrew lost his wife to cancer almost two years ago. When
Suzanne
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Debut author Deborah Garland has created a story of fashion, the Big Apple and Italy all rolled into one sexy smexy romp!

Tall and dreamy Prada brand manager and former male model, Andrew Morgan finds his match in new hire, Gwen Mallory. Andrew, still grieving the loss of his wife, doesn’t anticipate how Gwen will stir up emotions he’s sure he’ll never feel again.

Feisty independent Gwen brings out Andrew’s alpha male side and, as they traverse the streets of Milan and Northern Italy, his passion
Bobbi Wagner
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Must Love Fashion (Darling Cove Book 1) by Deborah Garland is the first book in her Darling Cove series. This is my first book by this author and I enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what else she has wrote. This is a contemporary romance story that will keep you engaged until the end. This author's writing skills are such that her story is creative and easy reading. The way she writes about the ups and downs of a relationship is enjoyable. Her characters will pull at your heartstrings. They took m ...more
Cassidy (Reminders of the Changing Time)
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for sending me a copy of this in exchange for an honest review but, if I am being truly honest as the agreement states, this book just wasn't good. The characters were cliché, the romance was meh, the conflicts were ridiculous and the entire description of the fashion industry showed that the author had no clue what she was talking about. When I think of fashion-romance, I want something glamorous and sexy and scandalous - exclusive VIP parties, underage ...more
Heather Lauletta
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book and new author's writing very much. There was strong character and story line development with some twists and complexities. The romance was steamy. The relationship between Andrew and Gwendolyn changed from antagonistic to professional to so much more wonderful. I enjoyed the descriptions of the additional characters in the book also, and I am hoping the next book will focus on Gwen's brother's love life, as semi- alluded to. This story was a page- turner and I finished it way ...more
Nika Rhone
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely delightful debut from author Deborah Garland! I wasn’t sure what to expect, since I don’t know (much less love) the first thing about fashion. But oh, how I did love these characters. Gwen and Andrew have both had some pretty crappy luck with marriage. Gwen’s husband bailed on her, leaving her with a huge mortgage to cover, and Andrew is a widower who seems stuck in one of the stages of grief, unable to get his life moving again. When the two of them end up having to share spa ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I'm so pleased I got the chance to read this story. It's not the genre of book I would pick up normally but I enjoyed every word. I actually didn't put it down from the moment I started it until the very end. The writing was great, it flowed really well and it didn't take me long to get the feel of the characters and the surroundings. I felt like I was there at Prada with Andrew and Gwen.
Andrew is just getting back to his job at Prada in New York after the death of his wife; what he didn't know
Jessica Lauryn
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite reads this year! A huge fan of the movie, The Devil Wears Prada, I was eager to read this story, which is set in that same world. I always thought the romance was lacking in that story and Deborah Garland has changed all of that, giving me my very-satisfying romantic fantasy in the world of runways and Prada bags - thank you, Ms. Garland!

Gwen and Andrew are both trying to put the issues of the past behind them. There's some pretty heavy stuff there (Andrew's wife died of cance
Diane Preston
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must Love Fashion is a wonderful, heart-felt read by the amazing Ms. Garland, who introduces us to the frenetic world of fashion, memorable in the film, The Devil Wears Prada. We have two irresistible protagonists, Gwendolyn Mallory and Andrew Morgan, who have been wounded in life and bear painful scars, yet yearn for something more. The passion and love between Gwen and Andrew is tangible as is their courage in overcoming the obstacles separating them.
Ms. Garland dexterously weaves wit as well
Carol McNiff
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must Love Fashion is a delightful read. A love story about Gwen and Andrew. The author excels in showing us what is going on in the minds of our couple as they circle, retreat and come together. Swirling around them are the trials and the joys of the NYC fashion world with its challenges, jealousies and triumphs. Add in the couple's loving yet intrusive family and you have constant unexpected fun interactions. We have a back story of tragic loss for Andrew and a current health scare for Gwen whi ...more
Monica
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If this doesn't tug at your heartstrings I dont know what will. This was a beautiful, funny, heartbreaking story. 2 bruised souls finding one another. Andrew still getting over the death of his wife from a couple years ago. Gwen going through a divorce and dealing with some scary health issues. They sorta didnt start off right when they met. Both fighting some feelings but trying to stay professional until they couldnt. Things were not cut and dry for Andrew and Gwen. Ups and downs throughout th ...more
Christopher D'Orio
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Must Love Fashion" introduces us to two very attractive people with exciting jobs at the most prestigious fashion line..Prada. We quickly find out that these "beautiful" people are real and down to earth. They have flaws, vulnerabilities and insecurities. The story takes twists and turns and provides a backdrop of New York City, Los Angeles, Italy's beautiful east coast and a fictional town on Long Island's historic North Shore. It also gives us a glimpse inside the fashion industry. In all, it ...more
Carol Cassada
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Must Love Fashion focuses on the love story between Gwen and Andrew, while giving you a glimpse into the fashion world.

Gwen is a recent divorcee, who lands a dream job working at Prada, where she ends up working with the handsome Andrew. The two start off to a rocky start, but soon sparks fly between the two. As the two grow closer, personal and professional circumstance threaten to derail their relationship.

Gwen and Andrew are two characters you’ll automatically attract to. Their painful pasts
C. Gonzales
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
The story really grabs the readers attention from the get-go. Deborah Garland does a great job being descriptive and allowing the reader to feel like they are immersed in the story.

I was surprised at how fresh and how many surprises there were in this story once it got going. What a wonderful job of keeping the reader invested in the story and its characters!

Gina Stamper
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Characterization is key in any novel and I felt like Gwen was a great main character with real problems that the reader can relate to. She
Laurie Beemer
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Deborah Garland that I have read, and I enjoyed the way the author put the plot together. I liked the fact that when Gwen and Andrew met you were able to tell instantly that there was an attraction on both sides. As their story unfolds you are able to follow their emotions and thoughts as the relationship progresses. This is the first book in the series and I look forward to reading the next ones. Thank you Reading Alley and Deborah Garland for allowing me to read this ...more
Maggie
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this story, it had it all, fashion, foreign locations, love, romance, dilemmas and hope. The twists and turns keep you on your toes right till the end.

Gwendolyn was a lovely character, I was with her throughout her journey to achieve her goals at Prada, to find the love of a good man and be happy. Andrew Morgan was top box his game, running the fashion house he loves and in control; well most of the time. When Gwen is employed as his assistant his world is turned upside down.

This is
Parry D’Orio
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I don't have much free time for pleasure reading, and I selected this book to read over holiday break. I found it was the perfect escape and I didn't want to put it down! It was romantic, but felt realistic, and very entertaining. I finished before I even went on vacation and would recommend this story to anyone looking for a fun fling. I am excited for the next in the series to be released..."Must Have Faith". Is it summer yet?
Bailey Ember
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I liked how quick and smooth this read was. There is enough going on to keep my attention and to provide a getaway from all things reality.

The chemistry between the two characters was outstanding and their growth in their relationship and as people was wonderful to watch unfold.

Deborah Garland really shows her writing skills when it comes to setting the scenes. She brings life to the world and characters she has created.
Renay
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great emotional roller coaster. The hero and heroine gave an excellent point of view into their life and left nothing out. I enjoyed the spin of real life fashion house with the back drop of fashion shows, marketing, and publicity. This book has excellent the humor from family and co-worker.
Even with the public awareness, the tale was not preaching, and explained both side of breast cancer.
G.P. Gadbois
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fashion, exciting jobs, hot men and strong women, what more can you ask for? The attraction between Gwendolyn and Andrew is unmistakable from the moment they share an office at Prada, but the two keep their relationship professional. He is morning the loss of his wife, and she is in the process of a divorce, plus has health issues – possibly cancer. Deborah weaves an amusing, sexy, and fabulous story. Must Love Fashion is an easy and great read.
Tresa
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, great read on a cold night in front of a warm fire though all the hot sex in this book, you may not need a fire to keep you warm!!! I love the characters, their lives have both been devastated by cancer and You really care about them and really want them to work through their issues and make their relationship last.
Izzy
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an interesting and engrossing story. You follow how the relationship between Gwen and Andrew develops, and you always know what they're feeling and thinking. There are fascinating supporting characters as well, and it all adds up to a book that you can easily lose yourself to. Whether you love fashion or not, I'm sure you'll love this book.
Staci
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story of love, despite struggle.
So many lives are affected by loss and pain of cancer. It is beautiful to see a story of new beginnings beyond this strife. For many it is so difficult to picture a future after loss. Or carry the fear it could be them next. Yet when two souls find each other the beauty of now should be cherished.
Amanda Showalter
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

Fashion and relationships, do they mix? Gwen and her man could set the kindle on fire but she hides something from him and he can't handle it. Will it be too much for him or will he be able to handle it? This is a good story and it's heartfelt.
loveforbooks2017
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
RABT Book Tours and PR
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
PROMO Blitz: Must Love Fashion by @deborah_garland #excerpt

Kathleen
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must read, you cant put it down from the fist chapter. Love ,Passion, excitement.
It made me remember things I never knew I forgot ! Nora Roberts her comes Deborah Garland !
« previous 1 3 next »
Deborah Garland is a versatile author of women's fiction, contemporary and paranormal romances. Her books are about love and the struggles of complicated relationships. The heroines are strong and witty and the heroes fall hard for them.

She lives on the North Shore of Long Island with her husband and two pugs, Zoe and Harley. They like to vacation up and down the East Coast, but her favorite plac

Darling Cove (3 books)
  • Must Have Faith (Darling Cove #2)
  • Must Be Crazy