Start by marking “Masquerading at Midnight (The Celebration Series Book 11)” as Want to Read:
Masquerading at Midnight (The Celebration Series Book 11)

Masquerading at Midnight

(Celebration #11)

Deklan Kelly comes from a family of well-known attorneys, and throughout his childhood, his parents had told him that was what he wanted to be, too. Privately, he wished he could spend his days sketching and painting the beauty of life instead of wheeling and dealing with the dregs of humanity.

Sky Clarke hides behind the walls of her family’s home, protecting women and c
Published September 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Masquerading at Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masquerading at Midnight

Phylis Carpenter
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sky has no tolerance for trespassers or attorney's, she finds both with Deklan. She came upon him on her land and he was sketching a beautiful picture. He says he was on her land because he didn't see her signs. Later she finds that someone has taken them all down.

Sky has a shelter for abusive women and children and she is constantly protecting her victims. Until they can get back on their own and make a new life without the abusive spouse. Deklan is all the things she thinks she doesn't like, h
Sandi Ramirez
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really wished I could visit Celebration. This town appeals to me on so many levels as I read each book and none more so than in this book. If you have read any of the other books in The Celebration Series you know that while you do not HAVE to read any other book to enjoy any one book... by reading the other books in the series you will the books so much more.

This book is based around Sky's shelter or underground home as it is that she runs for domestic violence and abuse victims (women and ch
Alicia
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Masquerading at Midnight" (Celebration Series Book 11) by Stacy Eaton

This series continues to get better and better. It is a tough realization that this is almost the last book in the series.
Sky runs the very underground domestic violence shelter for women. She meets Deklan purely by chance. He is trespassing on her property, or so she says. He didn't see any signs, so he apologizes and heads off to leave. He is delayed in doing so when a medical emergency occurs. This later leads to a content
Barbara
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the eleventh book in the Celebration series and they are all awesome. I really enjoyed (thought that doesn’t sound right) the whole theme of the book which is domestic violence. I was a board member of a domestic violence shelter for many, many years so this really touched my heart. Everything that Ms. Eaton wrote about was just so touching, true and she really knows what she’s talking about. Even though this is the eleventh book, you could read it as a stand alone but you will enjoy it ...more
Jimnlori
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Masquerading at Midnight is the eleventh book in Stacy Eaton's The Celebration series. I'm loving this series and all of the wonderful people of this small town community. They all know each other's business and get involved whether wanted or not, but they do this all with love.
Sky keeps to herself and spends most of her time caring for and helping victims of abuse start their lives over after fleeing from their abuser. She has even done some things that might be considered illegal. She didn't
Becky Claxon
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Declan Kelly worked for the district attorney's office. Sky Clarke owned a lot of land and a 12 bedroom house where she let abused women and children stay. Sky's sister Lily died from the hands of her husband who had abused her. Unfortunately her brother in law got off on a technicality. Sky thought all attorneys were scum. Sky catches Declan painting pictures on her property which is suppose to have signs for no trespassing. That was an interesting time I won't spoil for you. He finally convinc ...more
Melanie Milburn
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unmasked

Deklan is an attorney who wanted to be an artist. But he was a good son and went with the flu that his parents designated for him. He still paints and takes photos. But almost no one has seen any of his work.
Sky runs a shelter for abused women and their children. This has been the main focus of her life ever since her sister was killed in an abusive relationship. She doesn't trust many men and never lawyers--one of those for her sister's killer off.
These two meet when Deklan inadvertentl
Scarlet Fanning
Sky Clarke is fire and ice when it comes to attorney/artist Deklan Kelley. She hates lawyers, especially Deklan's father -- who got her brother-in-law off for the murder of her sister. Today, Sky runs an underground shelter for abused wives and families.

Deklan meets her by accident while painting on her unmarked property. Sky greets him with a shotgun, but soon all is forgotten as a young man in her care is bitten by a snake. Deklan takes charge and soon, they are all at the hospital.

Of course
Xtymom
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah! This Celebration series just keeps getting better and better. This town has such real feeling while reading about it. I wish I could go there and meet everyone and see everything from the books. Sky intrigued me in Working with Wheels and I'm so excited that she got her own book. Sky's a take charge woman and she doesn't let anyone or anything get in the way of her protecting and helping her clients. According to Sky there is no time for anything else including a man. But Deklan isn't just a ...more
Kate
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
11 of 13 for the celebration series. I am hooked. While it can be read as a stand alone it is so much more fun having the other books and the stories from them as you read each new one. Real real characters with real issues with real dialogue - the real kicking yourself for what comes out of your mouth that you didn't really mean. Real friends who offer solid advice and when they have nothing are just there for you. I am absolutely in love with this town and these characters.

Crisp writing. while
Jaime
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, holiday, romance
I can't believe we're already on book 11 of this series and it'll soon be wrapping up. I've loved all the Celebration series stories and the town is one of my favorite escapes from real life.

Declan and Sky were the town's newest romantic project. He had some major obstacles against him from the outset, like his family and his job. But I loved how he helped Sky and came into his own as an artist, finally standing up to his family.

I can't wait for next month when Stacy Eaton brings us back to Cele
Ellen
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deklan works for the District Attorney's office and has a secret passion for taking photographs and painting. Sky owns the Rising Sun, a mansion that she turned into a safe haven for abused women and children. They meet when Deklan trespasses on her property and even though there's immediate chemistry between them, Sky's not happy that he's trespassing! Can they overcome their pasts to get a HEA like the rest of their friends in Celebration? This was one of my favorites in the series so far!
Linda
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best stories of the series. Sad to say it is also getting closer to the ending of Celebration. I have enjoyed meeting and getting to know everyone of these busybodies.
I can't wait to see what happens next with Declan the lawyer turned part time lawyer and artist and Sky a advocate for abused women opening up to let someone else in.
I would highly recommend this book and series.
Coral Mitchell
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Deklan has always done what his father wanted him to do. Sky locks herself away from the world helping women and children in need. Deklan is trying to live both sides but knows he must make a decision soon. I love that Sky's friends finally tell her like it is, exactly what I would have said to her. And we get to revisit with our Celebration favorites. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Debra
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Happily ever after

Deklan and Sky are drawn together even though Sky hates lawyers. This book touches on a subject that made me cry but there was joy at the end of it all for Sky as she learns to live normally again. Definitely recommend and its obviously a well thought out story.
Mommysuz
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sky runs a home for abused woman. Sky meets Deklan as he is is found "trespassing" on Sky's property. Deklyn is an attorney and Sky does not like attorneys. The chemrstry is so strong between these characters.
It is so sad this series
Is coming to an end. Only a few more book left.
Patti
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited for Declan and Sky's book!!! Many surprises come out and you will laugh, cry and swoon over the very sexy Deklan Kelly!! You will learn the whole tragic past of Sky Clarke and how she came to run the Rising Sun Foundation for abused women. Also set up the next book in the series nicely!! Can't wait. Love this series!!
Caroline
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful so glad abused women and children have an advocate in Sky and Deklan.
Lynn Mullan
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Each time a new book comes out in this series it becomes my favourite...until the next release.
Love the Celebration Series.
Marie Godley
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What could be better than a Celebration town Halloween party. There's the usual drama involved and some hidden secrets to come out.
Kaitlyn
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've gobbled up every single Celebration book! I'm so not ready for this series to be over. But I have to say, his one may have been one of my favorites! My heart always love a strong female lead. And that's exactly what Sky is. Fierce and strong and not ready to let someone in even thought Deklan is so ready to be that guy. And let me say, Deklan? He's perfect. He's got a secret ambition that will let you know just the kind of man he is. When they give each other a chance they are perfect! Add ...more
Natalie panda eyes
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Last one in series left to review and one of the better couples. One kickass woman protecting endangered women and one soft hearted lawyer. I liked all elements of this one and enjoyed the back and forth between them. Dek’s hobby was sweet and added more charm to the story.
Sharon
dawn hampton
Oct 23, 2017
Judith Fletcher
Dec 15, 2017
Stacy Eaton is a USA Today Best Selling author and began her writing career in October of 2010. Stacy took an early retirement from law enforcement after over fifteen years of service in 2016, with her last three years in investigations and crime scene investigation to write full time.

Stacy resides in southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband, who works in law enforcement, and her teen daughter.

Celebration (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Tangled in Tinsel (Celebration #1)
  • Tears to Cheers (Celebration #2)
  • Heathens to Hearts (Celebration, #3)
  • Rainbows Bring Riches (Celebration, #4)
  • Sweet as Sugar (Celebration, #5)
  • Making Mom Mad: The Celebration Series, Book 6
  • Sparklers or Spankings (Celebration #7)
  • Raffles to Rattles (The Celebration Series Book 8)
  • Flirting with Fireworks: The Celebration Series, Book 9
  • Working with Wheels (The Celebration Series Book 10)