Start by marking “Blind Love: The True Story Of The Texas Cadet Murder” as Want to Read:
Blind Love: The True Story Of The Texas Cadet Murder

Blind Love: The True Story Of The Texas Cadet Murder

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A handsome overachiever...
A beautiful honors student...
Together they would commit savage murder...

A Teenage Love Pact Sealed In Blood

Outside a small Texas town by the side of the road, high school sophomore beauty Adrianne Jones lay with her skull bashed in and two bullets in her head. She had been driven to an isolated spot outside of Mansfield, Texas by star student Davi
Published January 15th 1998 by St. Martin's True Crime (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Love

♥ Marlene♥
On facebook someone mentioned a book called The Cadet Murder case by AW Gray. The title vaguely sounded familiar so I looked it up and discovered i was right. I had read a book about the so called cadet murder but searching my shelves on Goodreads I did not get any result. So I went back to bookcrossing where I registered my books before GR and bingo. I had read it.

This is my what childish review. Bare with me please :)

on Sunday, December 26, 2004 I wrote

7 out of 10

Well I read this book pretty
Jeff Creecy
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
David Graham was my best friend in elementary school. It blew my mind when I heard about this years later, although my mom had always said something wasn't right about him. Anyway I wrote him in prison and he responded. He said this book was the most accurate book written about their story.
Lesley
Mar 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
I totally watched the lifetime movie with Holly Marie Combs and just HAD to read the true-crime book. Very typical crime book, but just a very sad story.
Dara S.
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
I do wish this would have included the trial, so we knew the outcome of this story, Thankfully I was able to look it up on the Internet.
Jill
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was an interesting read, I occasionally like to read true crime and I remember when Diane Zamora's trial was televised on court tv. It's an interesting book, however, it was published before Zamora and Graham's trials and I believe some of the information in this book turned out not to be factual. My understanding is still not clear but if I'm not mistaken, it turned out that David Graham was never intimate with Adrianne Jones. This book is based on the premise that Graham cheated on Z ...more
Lauretta
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book without editing

This book was a good read, but the wording could have been better. There were sentences that were too short. The writer also had run on sentences. It's the reason I gave it four stars.
Dana
Mar 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: true-crime
I have seen the "made for television movie" countless times, mostly on the Lifetime network, so I knew the story pretty well. The book claimed that the movie got it wrong, and this presented the truth. I hate to break it to the author, but the movie was relatively accurate, only changing a few details around for dramatic purposes.
What happened is this...on a December night in 1995, high schooler David Graham and his fiancee Diane Zamora lured 16 year old Adrianne Jones into David's car, took her
Melissa Turner
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: true-crime
This book is about the three Texas teens. David Graham and Diane Zamora are two teenagers that seemed to have it all. Good grade, good friends, a bright future. David is involved with the cross country team at school along with another girl Adrianne Jones. David has an affair with Adrianne, and when Diane finds out, she goes into an emotional rage. After trying to commit suicide and failing, Diave tells David he must kill Adrianne to absolve him of his crime against their relationship. In Bilnd ...more
Velia
I remember following this story in the news and seeing the tv movie. I absolutely loved the movie for it's drama.

The author's prologue put a damper on the whole book because I finished the book disappointed. The author states up front in the book that the movie didnt get it right. I dont see many differences between the movie and what is known to have really happened. IMHO the movie was for entertainment and told a story....it was not a documentary and didn't say it was a documentary.
Melissa
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was interesting it tells about the murder of a 16 year old girl by two teenages. The one thing I really disliked about this book is the author tended to repeat things over and over. Another problem is he tried to fit so much in a book with less then 300 pages that sometimes it was hard to get through all the excessive stuff. I saw no reason for the pages full of bits and pieces from different magazines, newspapers, and interviews.
Katrin
Mar 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
About love obsessed teens that killed a person that was a "rival" between them. The guilt tore them up and brought them down.
Judith Rice
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting who done it. One of the most mixed-up love affair.
Stephanie Brush
Jun 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014-reads
2 good kids who came from great families that had everything, who murdered and innocent girl
Maggie
Kaleb Haŭgen
Jan 03, 2017
Karen
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was very well written.
« previous 1 3 next »
205776
Peter Meyer is a former News Editor of Life magazine and the author of numerous nonfiction books, including the critically acclaimed The Yale Murder (Empire Books, 1982; Berkley Books, 1983) and Death of Innocence (G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 1985; Berkley Books, 1986).

Over the course of his three-decade journalism career Meyer, who holds a masters degree in history from the University of Chicago, has to
More about Peter Meyer...