Start by marking “Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)” as Want to Read:
Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)

Unicorn of Many Hats

(Phoebe and Her Unicorn #7)

"A pink, bubble-gum bonbon of a tale spun of a likable, albeit self-centered, fourth-grader and her magical, self-obsessed, although sometimes-kind, unicorn."
--Kirkus Reviews

Book seven in the Phoebe and Her Unicorn series!

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR!

Marigold Heavenly Nostrils is no ordinary unicorn. She has Wi-Fi-enabled appendages. She's the most enchanted
Published March 20th 2018 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

Start your review of Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)
Lola
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish this was a tv series!
[Shai] Bibliophage
Unicorn of Many Hats is the 7th book in the Phoebe and Her Unicorn Series created by Dana Simpson. This is my 2nd time to read a comic issue from the said series; as much as I loved the previous book, this issue didn't exceed or even matched its antecedent.

I was looking forward on their adventure, but there's none in this installment. In spite of that, this is still an enjoyable read that will still satisfy anyone, notably the young readers, because it contains both funny stories and lessons.

Schizanthus Nerd
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
After their first graphic novel adventure, Phoebe and Marigold are back for another collection of comics. In this collection Phoebe and Marigold write fan letters and Marigold babysits Phoebe.
description
We learn that shimmering is better than glimmering. Marigold gets into a grooming competition with the cat and Max outnerds Phoebe.
description
We visit Marigolds home for the first time. Phoebe and Marigold attend a dragon Halloween party where I learned I need rainbow-flame jack-o-lanterns in my life. We meet
Sutton
Positive: I really liked that this had a glossary of terms at the end for children.

I have never read any other books in this series, and after this I dont think I would be interested. It seems okay enough for elementary school children, but I didnt much find myself enjoying this comic style book. A little on the boring side.

Special Thanks:
Special thanks to the publisher and author for providing me with an advanced reader copy of this book through NetGalley.

My review is fair and honest, and
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
My first problem with Unicorn of Many Hats wasn't the author's fault so much as an issue with managing my own expectations: after the 6th issue's graphic novel styling, I was genuinely hoping all of the future volumes would be graphic novels, too! I loved the cohesive, linear story of #6, and it felt so much more polished. Unfortunately, #7 reverts back to the "comics" style with short jokes and one-liners, and after having read a few other issues in the Heavenly Nostrils series, things were ...more
La Coccinelle
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade, comic
Thank goodness we're back to our regularly scheduled program format! I really did not like Phoebe and Her Unicorn in The Magic Storm. All the cleverness and maturity was gone, and we were left with an insipid graphic novel for very young children. Unicorn of Many Hats returns to the format of the other books in the series, which is that of a comic collection. There are a few stories that extend over a few panels, but also a number of standalone strips. I far prefer this; the characters of Phoebe ...more
Mitticus
Another delivery of the adventures of Phoebe and her best friend Marigold Heavenly Nostrils, where the delivery goes back to the system of comic strips instead of one storyline like the previus issue.

The summer, frienship, fangirling, internet, school, and Unicorns!

The grace of these vignettes apart from the drawings -really cute- , are good part of the dialogues. The author dedicates a good part of the stories to the impact of technology nowadays like the internet , something that goes from
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a huge fan of unicorns as a child growing up in the 80s, and I think I would enjoy this entire series. The illustrations are done in cartoon style, and there is plenty of content featuring Phoebe and her unicorn. Quite a fun escape and some lessons learned along the way. I think many kids would enjoy reading this special story and viewing the entertaining and beautifully drawn illustrations.

Thank you to the author, publisher, and Netgalley, for the complimentary copy.
Rod Brown
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I do believe I'm done with this series. It seems to have entered the Garfield stage, where there is nothing new being offered, just the same mild jokes presented in endless variations. It's all drawn and written well enough, but I don't see much point to seeking it out again.
britt_brooke
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Im still buying/reading/sending this series to my 9 year old niece. The little sweetie bought this volume at her schools book fair with the intention of sending it to me, but hasnt gotten a chance to. No worries. I borrowed it through Hoopla which worked out perfectly. Another fun read! So happy my niece loves Phoebe and Marigold, too. ...more
Ryan
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4⭐ Phoebe and her unicorn are just a lot of fun. You can leave the book and come back and easily pick up where you left off. It has heart and morals as both the Unicorn and Phoebe lean to be be better people. As always a great read. ...more
Jasmine
Such a fun series.
Hebah
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent installment. I love this cast of characters, and many panels had me laughing out loud.
Emma
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A universe that rains candy?! Why am I not there right now?
Victoria
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun little comic type book. It reminded me of when I used to read my sister's Garfield comic strip books. I laughed a lot while reading this. The relationship Phoebe and the unicorn have is quite humorous. Their conversations had me snickering continually.
Vellum Voyages
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 helms

Please follow me on my blog :) Review originally posted on Vellum Voyages
(www.vellumvoyages.com)

Phoebe and Marigold are back in another series! Loved these two as usual :) The friendship between Phoebe and Marigold is endearing and their little adventures are always fun!

This edition was more of smaller storylines rather than one main plot. In comparison, I enjoyed the main plot lines a lot better than the mini-stories so probably why four helms instead of 5.

A great read regardless kids
Katya Vinogradova
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a digital copy of this book from Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley.

In sharp contrast to Big Nate, this book was a fun FUN surprise!
I was aware of the Phoebe and her Unicorn phenomenon. We can't keep one book on the shelf and there's always a huge wait-list for each title. And there's mass hysteria leading up to the new Phoebe and her Unicorn book's release. Still none of that could encourage me to read a book like that. Or so I thought, until NetGalley came up with a
Liz
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Still really good. Adults will really enjoy this as well as kids.
Valleri
Marigold Heavenly Nostrils is an adorable guardian angel and an even more adorable name for a unicorn :)
Melissa
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Dana Simpson is bae and I wish Phoebe and Marigold had been around when I was a kid. ❤ (I do wish this was another OGN but we cant all be Marigold and get what we want all the time.) ...more
orangerful
Usual level of whimsy and fun. Perfect reading for a rainy day.
Deepika Ramesh
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can't believe that I am cracking up over and over again. Unicorn is adorable and hilarious. So is Dakota. :)
Danielle Booey
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another solid entry with some especially good Christmas strips where Marigold tries to out-sparkle the Christmas tree, gets jealous of a Triceratops and its number of horns, and some good ones where Marigold and Phoebe reminisce about their friendship.
Alexandra
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, middle-grade
A+ snow day reading.
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Took some effort to get through this one. Still digging the gal-friendship power, but starting to lose steam with this series.
Silly and wonderful and fun.
Eric
Another fun installment

of collected cartoons featuring this cast. For, I think, smarter younger readers and up. (Judging from the review comments some installments in this series have received from adults, reviews confusing language used by bullies with thoughts of the author, some ability to read may be a prerequisite, surprisingly.)
s o p h i a
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unicorns are totally real, guys...
Kenya Starflight
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-love
Phoebe and her unicorn friend, Marigold Heavenly Nostrils, have continued the legacy of Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes, giving us the adventures of a precocious young child and her vain, long-suffering non-human companion. Their adventures have been delightful, spanning five comic-strip collections and a graphic novel thus far, and introduced us to a world where magic and technology exist side by side and even mingle in surprising ways. And while the allusions to Watterson's immortal story ...more
Alissa
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You guys... I want a unicorn.

Yes, I've been told that unicorns technically don't really exist outside of fantasy fiction novels and movies. I even once had a hater go off on a rant about how unicorns are the devil because they're "magic" (insert emoji *eye roll* here). True story. That actually happened! My theory is that these people only say things like this because they are jealous that they've never seen a unicorn, much less befriended one like our heroine Phoebe here.

I put my money on
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)
  • Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt (A Narwhal and Jelly, #2)
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Guts
  • It's Me. (Catwad, #1)
  • Click
  • The Runaway Princess
  • Monsters Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #3)
  • The Okay Witch
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)
  • Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (Making Friends, #2)
  • Dragonslayer (Babymouse #11)
  • Making Friends (Making Friends, #1)
  • Lupin Leaps In
  • Positively Izzy
  • Just Jaime
  • Kristy's Big Day
Dana Claire Simpson grew up in Gig Harbor, Washington, drawing the entire time. She eventually graduated from The Evergreen State College, despite having spent all her time drawing, and not always for credit.

Attempts at doing real work along the way are hardly worth mentioning; the relevant fact is that, from 1998 to 2008, she drew the internet comic strip Ozy and Millie. After winning the

Phoebe and Her Unicorn (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #1)
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #2)
  • Unicorn vs. Goblins (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #3)
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Unicorn Crossing (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #5)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in Unicorn Theater (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #8)
  • Unicorn Bowling (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #9)
  • The Unicorn Whisperer (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #10)
  • Camping with Unicorns (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #11)

Articles featuring this book

Graphic novels are the perfect way to keep your kids glued to their books all summer long. And, just in case your young r...