Start by marking “Big Nate: Silent But Deadly” as Want to Read:
Big Nate: Silent But Deadly

Big Nate: Silent But Deadly

Middle school is a breeding ground for mischief and dreaming big for Big Nate and his pals!

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR!

Everyone’s favorite sixth grader is back for more misadventures, and Big Nate: Silent But Deadly smells like a winner!

Whether he’s showing the ropes to a detention rookie, campaigning for the Student of the Month Award, or writing hilarious movie r
Published March 20th 2018 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

[Shai] Bibliophage
I've tried to read one book from the Big Nate series before, but I don't know why I didn't like and finished it. I thought that would be the first and last time that I would have the chance to read any book from this famous graphic novel series. However, when I saw that there's an available ARC of the latest book, I grabbed the chance to check if it would change my view. And compared to the previous book in the series that I've read, which I can't remember the title, this latest installment is m ...more
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

My second Big Nate comic, I don’t know why I didn’t request the others when they were on Netgalley, since this comic is just too much fun!

The biggest focus in this one is Gina (and her silent, but oh so deadly farts). She pops in a lot of the comics + is also found on the cover (and the title is a reference to her farts). I have to say that I didn’t like Gina. Yes, when she was infatuated with that guy in her class, she showed s
♛ Garima ♛
Gina's crush! well, didn't know about that....
With Halloween, sports and trash talking, going for student of the month title (ahem) and lots of fun stuff!
Rosa
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review is also posted in my blog :

Thank you to Net Galley for a free copy of this book in trade for an honest review.

Ooh…wow…this is a funny, cute, witty read. It’s my first book of Big Nate and I totally L.O.V.E it. Honestly, I’m having another bad day because my client haven’t paid my fee. So, I landed with a Big Nate book this afternoon, courtesy of Net Galley and feel a bit better. There are some part that I really need to laugh because it’s so funny and logical.

Nate is obviously a smar
Wendi Lee
This was my introduction to the Big Nate series. My eight year old and I are big fans of graphic novels, and have read a lot of Stick Dog and Captain Underpants. Big Nate, in comparison, feels old-fashioned, reminiscent of the old Peanuts comics with a dash of Calvin & Hobbes. Like the older comics, Big Nate's adventures are largely non-serial, confined to a one or two page spread.

In Silent But Deadly, we follow Nate through Christmas festivities, school mishaps, banter with his friend/neme
Jill
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nate is navigating middle school as best he can. He helps the rookies in detention but can't really find his way as an investigative reporter. His noisy stomach disrupts the class, but his work as the Great Nose-ini, sniffing out potential food allergens, helps save lives. He is a loyal if annoying friend, even if he isn't really Student of the Month material. But most of all, Nate keeps things interesting.

Big Nate: Silent But Deadly is a collection of the Big Nate comics that takes you from Ha
Katya Vinogradova
I received a digital copy of this book from Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley.

I don't have much to say about this book. I didn't care for it. Some bits were funny, but only just. Given that there's stiff competition out there, Lincoln Peirce needs to try harder. I would much rather read an installment of Wimpy Kid or Timmy Failure than another Nate book.
Of course there will be plenty of kids from the target audience reading these books, and nothing I can say or rate is gonna change that.
Fatima Alsuwaidi
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first Big Nate book, I appreciate the opportunity provided to me by NetGalley to get a free electronic copy of this book.

This was fun, and I think I would have LOVED IT as a kid, it is defiantly for a younger audience but it was an enjoyable and a light quick read.

I think I would check out more Big Nate books in the future.
Ivan
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Celebrate your inner child with this new Big Nate & gang collection. This guilty pleasure is chock full of laughs and middle school hijinx courtesy of Nate & company. Nate's antics will have you in stitches. Whether it be his growling stomach or his amazing nose skills able to detect among other things classmate Gina's "silent but deadly" flatulence. Everyone's favourite 6th grader and his friends not only crack us up in this book; they also teach us some important life lessons including ...more
Alexandria
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Silent But Deadly is a really enjoyable installment in the Big Nate series. One thing in particular that I love about this series (and other middle-grade books like it) is that it allows the opportunity for me to share a love of reading with my niece and nephew and that, more than anything, is what's so special about middle grade books; they open up doors for kids to share what is funny, special and meaningful for them. While Silent But Deadly brings lots of laughs, it's also a treasured way for ...more
Nate
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Another installment in the Big Nate comics series, this book has all the trademarks of previous books: humour, good drawing, fun characters, and interesting new plots. The Great Nose-ini was especially hilarious, punchline everywhere, as was the trivia smackdown between Francis and Gina, which added a little suspense to the story. It was another Big Nate classic.

A copy of this book was given to the reviewer through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Kelly K
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley and Lincoln Peirce for allowing me to read and review Big Nate: Silent But Deadly. My boys are SO EXCITED for the release of this book! The countdown is on, and I know that they will enjoy it as much as the other Big Nate books that they have read. Another good one!
Ellen Klock
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know those little "f" bombs that sneak up on you when you least expect it, then "poof" they make themselves known, catching you unaware. That's what Lincoln Peirce does in his latest comic edition, Big Nate: Silent but Deadly, where the jokes catch you off guard, not quietly this time, but with a force which causes an explosive, deafening laugh that the reader can't quite hold in.

It's 6th grade (again) for Nate and his friends (there's even an inside joke about an endless loop of repeating
Maureen Lubitz
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Originally posted on You Have Your Hands Full

Big Nate: Silent but Deadly was written by Lincoln Peirce. I was very excited about the opportunity to read this book because my oldest daughter is a big fan of the Big Nate comic strip and I knew that she would be interested in reading it too.

Nate is an average American boy who goes to elementary school. He has somewhat of a contentious relationship with teachers and administrators, and he has friends and adversaries within the school community. He’
I DRM Free
big NATE is a series of comics and readers for middle schoolers.  I've bought several of the readers to read with some middle schoolers that I worked with but never got around to reading them.  This was my first foray into the world of big NATE.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this comic series.  It stars Nate and his group of friends like Francis, Teddy, Chad, Peter and his rival Gina.  This comic really reminds me a lot of a mix between Calvin & Hobbes and Jimmy Neutron and I really like it
Mindy
I've read a couple now in this series and they are my guilty pleasure when I just need a funny, silly book for kids (with a little junior high humor thrown in). The author does a good job of sneaking in a few teaching moments for kids and teens. Overall, they are just fun books for pre-teen to teen a week as young at great readers, like myself. Pick this one up to relax and enjoy the fun at and hilarious stories.

I would like to thank the publisher, author, and Netgalley for providing me with a
Paul Franco
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another collection of the long-running comic strip featuring a hapless kid who really should know better—about everything—by now, but particularly about girls and teachers.
“Silent but deadly” was not whom I expected, but for once I was glad it wasn’t Nate.
“Are loopholes anything like Froot Loops?” First answer: I wish. Second answer: I’m hungry.
Nate finally wins one, literally. “Scoreboard!” He’s also got a super nose, so it’s nice to see him not be the butt monkey EVERY time.
Theediscerning
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another very good collection of old Big Nate strips - from him knowing any possibly determined smell (and more) to hoping to win awards at school. There are a heck of a lot of these volumes now, and a lot of these strips will probably end up in at least two books if they haven't already, but dammit - the level of consistent quality over the years has been remarkable. That would never happen in real life...
Bunny
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received via Netgalley in exchange for a fair and unbiased review

I really do love these books. I can see why Big Nate would be a hit with kids, and even adults. He's just such a smart alec kid and you kind of want to slap him, but his friends and classmates are always there to take him down a peg. It's endearing, and always funny.
Julie Overpeck aka Mrs. O's Library
Thank you to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for a review copy of this book. #partner

In this graphic novel, Nate appoints himself School Picture Guy’s official assistant, campaigns for Student of the Month, and is a cowboy for Halloween. The joke referenced in the title only appears in one frame. The book stays true to the character and will not disappoint Big Nate fans.
F.T. Bradley
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first BIG NATE book, and I've been missing out. Or at least my inner kid has...

Perfect for reluctant readers, the graphic novel element keeps the pages turning, and the jokes are just right for this age group. Recommended; I'll be checking out the rest of the series for those days when you just need a good laugh.

**Review of NetGalley copy**
Riley
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!
mary alacali
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tooooooooooo short

It is very short for almost 7 dollars what a rip of and i did not know what was going on
Jessi
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great entry to the Big Nate canon. We get a little bit more story about Gina with a brief crush as well as a trivia competition between her and Francis. We also get a little Christmas time that I don't remember seeing in previous Big Nate books.
Janette Burlette
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nate is funny and reminds me of my sons at that age. It is one of my favorite comics
Emma
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved it! I've liked ALL of the Big Nate series so far, and I hope Peirce and make more! :D
Maeli Gleason
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
i already read this. it was ok. kind of a bad title.
a shittu
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally amazing

The is great because it has a lot of humour
In
I've read loads of the books in the series they are all great😊
And I recommend it to all of you readers out there
Asriani
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Big Nate. Some panels are not that funny but I like this detention expert. If I am not mistaken Nate has his novel version. Let's see if it is as witty as its comic
Erika Mik
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Perfect for young boys aged 7 to 10, easy read.
  • The King of Kazoo
  • Babymouse #20: Babymouse Goes for the Gold
  • The Great Art Caper
  • CatStronauts: Race to Mars
  • Luke on the Loose
  • Le Grand Méchant Renard
  • How to Avoid Extinction
  • The Amazing Crafty Cat (Crafty Cat, #1)
  • Star Scouts
  • Science Comics: Coral Reefs: Cities of the Ocean
  • Rutabaga the Adventure Chef: Feasts of Fury
  • The Dragon Slayer: Folktales from Latin America
  • Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker
  • Time Shifters
  • The Great Big Boom (HiLo, #3)
  • Ogres Awake!
  • Red's Planet (Red's Planet #1)
  • Wedgie & Gizmo
Lincoln Peirce is a cartoon artist from Portland, Maine. He lives with his wife and two children, and occasionally gives lectures to students about cartoon creating. Peirce writes the comic strip "Big Nate". Peirce's comic strip, Big Nate, is featured as an island on the famous children's website, Poptropica. Big Nate appears as the first cartoon on The Maine Sunday Telegram in the comics section. ...more