Start by marking “The Book of Tarot: A Guide for Modern Mystics” as Want to Read:
The Book of Tarot: A Guide for Modern Mystics

The Book of Tarot: A Guide for Modern Mystics

"The Book of Tarot by Danielle Noel is not just a book—it is a work of art. Harness the power of your intuition with this deeply beautiful, sacred, modern guide to using tarot."Rebecca Campbell, best-selling author of Light Is the New Black and Rise Sister Rise

More than a guidebook, The Book of Tarot offers a space in which to set goals and intentions with clarity and pu
Published April 24th 2018 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Tarot

[Shai] Bibliophage
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Book of Tarot lives to its title as it contains brief information about what Tarot is all about. A 207-page book that lists essential facts that one needs to know about the Tarot card deck such as the meaning of all the 78 cards, and it even enumerated all the ways of laying the individual cards.
The Book of Tarot
For those who are interested in learning about Tarot card reading just like me, I recommend that The Book of Tarot is a great introduction. I suggest that aside from getting this book, it is sti
Beth
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic resource for learning Tarot. The bulk of the book is detailed descriptions of each card in the deck (including interpretations for reversed cards), accompanied by images of Noel's beautiful Starchild Tarot cards; but this also contains other tidbits like a brief history of Tarot, general categorization of the suits, and example spreads you can do. Easy to read and inspiring!

*Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC, provided by the author and/or the publisher in exchange for an honest
Dora Okeyo
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'll admit, my reasons for reading this book were: to gain an insight on tarot cards and to understand why my friend can always say 'pick a card' and somehow whatever she says makes so much sense at that moment in time.
This book is more than a guide. It provides clear insights into mystic and the author's decision to focus on tarot to harness energy, clarity and a sense of purpose is evident throughout the book.
I'm glad my curiosity led me to this book. Thanks NetGalley for the ARC, wish it was
Meryl
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This isn’t comprehensive enough to be the ONLY tarot book you’ll need, but it’s a worthy addition to your collection and a good place to start if you’d like to use tarot for self reflection and insight.

This book’s format is simple—it has a brief intro on tarot and gets right into meanings. The meanings are less focused on predicting the future and more on self-reflection and self-care. Each card has keywords, a description of the imagery (based on the writer’s starchild tarot, which you don’t n
Michael
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I don't own a tarot deck it greatly interests me. I like this book because it gave a nice description of each card and their meanings. A sort of intro to Tarot.
Annarella
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very good book about tarot that helped me to get a better understanding of this topic with a lot of interesting insight.
Recommended.
Many thanks to Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing
Tarah Hodges-Wilkins
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I went into this book to grasp a more understanding of how it works but this book was so much more than that. It was truly eye opening and simiply intriguing. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
Bejaka Phoenix
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The stunning imagery of this book first captivates the readers attention. I would consider myself to be a novice tarot reader but through the guidance of Danielle Noel, I feel more confident in my abilities. Each card description is not only accurate but simply enough for me to remember. With each card, she details everything from Zodiac connections, intentions, to even guiding questions and the reversed meanings. Plus, she adds an additional card, "Akashic Records" and it completes entirely the ...more
Teresa
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been dabbling in tarot cards for years. I find it fascinating when something actually does happen after a reading. My daughters also have their own cards and use them. I like to continue to learn and each book I have read on the subject of tarot cards does bring more in site as well. There are several different types of tarot decks as well as card placements. Each card is different in the deck and can mean several different things depending on how you interperate the card. It also has dif ...more
Michelle-- Fawn & Fern Books
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality, 2018
The Book of Tarot by Danielle Noel is a gorgeous look into the world of tarot, using the Starchild Tarot deck. The author does a great job explaining each and every tarot card backed by years of intuitive work. The cards are absolutely stunning and encompass every aspect of the divine feminine.

I read tarot myself and found the descriptions to be fresh and easy to read, however nothing new to me. This book would be great for someone just starting out with tarot. It does provide brief history and
Ania
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I am a big fan of the artwork of Danielle Noel and also her Starchild Tarot deck. I love how Danielle expresses herself in written format, so I enjoyed the booklet that came with the Starchild Tarot years before this book was released.

This book is like a more beautiful and sturdy version of that booklet. A bit of additional information has been added + full color photos, but to be honest it doesn't make a big difference. If you're a fan, like me, you will enjoy having this book as a collector's
THT Steph
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't own a tarot deck, nor did I know very much at all about the practice. My expectation was that The Book of Taro would give me a proper introduction, and that alone would have made this reader happy. I not only received a thorough introduction, but detailed knowledge of the practice, meaning, history, and techniques as well. While I believe there to be too much information for a beginner grasp in it's entirety, I can quite imagine this being a resource that one will turn to as they begin t ...more
Amelia
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystic
I am new to tarot but this book is excellent. This is what I wanted in other tarot books. It lays things out clearly and gives you questions and considerations for each card.

I am a bit annoying in that I want to use a book that matches my deck. Hopefully the Starchild deck will become more readily available (although the upcoming Moonchild deck is also gorgeous).

I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Dyanna
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Book of Tarot was a well-written guide to the tarot. It provided information on working with the tarot that is helpful whether you are a beginner or have some experience reading the tarot. I was looking for something that could offer me some fresh insight to use in my readings. I was pleasantly surprised as it was easy to read and the bits of history was interesting. The full description of the tarot cards in both reverse and upright was quite informative.
Laura Reading
Not only is this a beautiful book, this is a wonderful resource.
Included are different spreads and suggestions on interpretations.
Each card is explained and allows even beginners to feel that they can read them.

I appreciated being able to view, read and review this book via Netgalley
I also spent time on the author's website, learning more.
Sandra G
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. it's a nice current take on the cards and how to interprate them for life. I really like the spread ideas and the art through the book is beautiful. Also it's really interesting to see the star and earth sign links with the different suits. I didn't know about that before.
Luna Bookish
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: instructional
Lovely resource to have even as someone who has been using tarot cards for years.
Danielle
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Informative, accessible, and will serve as a great tool for me to have. On top of that, it's a beautiful book and I love looking at it!
Amanda
Lina
Jan 24, 2019
Marie
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read many books on Tarot and read cards myself. This book was so much more than just reading, it is full of other ways instead of just pick a card. It is.more in-depth but easy to understand. It's not so complicated that beginners would be lost. I will be adding some of these tips to my readings. I was honored to be given a copy from Net Galley for an honest review.
Ann Miszczak
Cerys
May 22, 2018
Janet
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Absolutely gorgeous illustrations and prose abound in The Book of Tarot. Danielle Noel obviously knows her subject and seems to live her truth. The drawback to this "guide" is that it focuses on the cards that Ms. Noel has created, which makes it a little tougher to apply when looking at other, more generic decks. I found myself wishing the book had come packaged with the deck referenced. I do think its an easily read and useful reference, and I would look for more from the author.
Livier