Start by marking “Riverstorm (River Valley #5)” as Want to Read:
Riverstorm (River Valley #5)

Riverstorm (River Valley #5)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  302 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Los Angeles attorneys Grant Perry and Liz Teeny were once in love, until youth and circumstance tore them apart. Ten years later, they’re reunited while working on an important trial. He’s successful and handsome, but childhood demons haunt him. Liz, lonely and driven, has devoted her life to work.
When unexpected personal events bring them to River Valley, they learn of f
Published September 19th 2017 by 4kids5cats

To ask other readers questions about Riverstorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riverstorm

Jane
In Riverstorm Grant Perry and Liz Teeny figure out what is important after lightning strikes and starts a fire at her cousin Lola's farm and starts a fire. It has taken them twelve years to get it right.

Grant and Liz are both lawyers in Los Angeles. They were together for two years in law school until Grant messed up and broke Lizzie's heart. Now they are talking again and both are drawn to family mysteries in River Valley, Oregon. They go looking for answers to their family mysteries and find a
InD'tale Magazine
Grant is the character that has the most growth throughout the story. Liz, on the other hand, mainly has to learn to trust Grant again.

Read full review in the 2018 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Coco.V
Mar 15, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/15/2018)!💝
Judi
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Ms Thompson adds to her River Valley Saga with a beautifully written story of this second chance at romance of Grant and Lizzie. This reader believes this maybe the best of the series so far, but thinks she may have felt that with each of Ms Thompson's books in this series. There is something about going to this river community that brings a sense of peace. The stories, the characters, the town that is growing with enthusiasm each
Nicki
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Does Tess Thompson have a bestseller on her hands with Riverstorm? Yes, a thousand times yes!

Riverstorm by Tess Thompson is the fifth installment in the River Valley series. It is the story of attorneys, Grant & Lizzie. 10 years ago they were very much in love until one of them makes a mistake that tears them apart. In the present day, they are thrown together on a big case and realize that their love never faded away. They must overcome the
Isha Coleman
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Grant and Liz are just like you and me. Hardworking, opinionated and on the verge of destiny. In order to build a solid future, a person must learn to face past mistakes. Tess Thompson takes a stroll down memory lane with moments of heartache and enlightenment that are relatable, debatable and unforgettable. Riverstorm is the path we all must walk in order to find the place we were meant to be.
Malinda Wilson
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for Tess Thompson's 5th River Valley series Riverstorm. I absolutely love this series and book 5! Once again we have a page turner that I could not put it down! Tess makes you not only fall in love with this small Oregon town, but all of the characters as well. I can't wat for book 6! As long as Tess keeps writing this series, I will definitely keep reading it. I just have to know what's next for these people and this town.
J.C. Wing
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ten years ago, lawyers Grant Perry and Liz Teeny were very much in love, but their romance was halted after one of them made a regrettable mistake. After a big case throws them together again, they both realize they still have feelings for one another. When events in each of their lives bring them to River Valley, the small town works its magic, and Grant and Liz learn things about their pasts, their families— and what things each one of them wants for their futures.

Riverstorm is the fifth book
Ruby
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of Riverstorm by Tess Thompson. This is the 5th book in the River Valley series. Ms. Thompson is an author that improves with time. She lets you know the characters, their hopes and dreams. In Riverstorm, Grant and Lizzie have fought through the storms, only to become stronger after a trip to River Valley. I highly recommend this series to all readers. Actually, I recommend any book written by Tess Thompson!
Donna
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Riverstorm is a wonderful read with lots of mystery and suspense! I really like how she combined past characters and events to fit in this one with new characters and twist and adventures! Excellent blend!
E-Reader Addict
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I am a complete sucker for second-chance romances. I have no idea why, except maybe I really, really like the part when the man says, “I’m sorry, I screwed up, please forgive me.”

And Grant Perry really screwed up. After promising his eternal love to Liz Teeny, Grant went and made a bad choice and hurt Liz terribly. Now, ten years later he and Liz, who are both successful lawyers, are back in each other’s orbit, and Grant isn’t about to let her get away again.

I actually loved the first
Sassy Southern
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grant Perry is a 34 and a lawyer who has just been offered a position as a partner in the firm he works at when his mentor, Raymond, retires. Raymond's wife being terminally ill puts things in perspective for Grant and with his divorce now being final he vows to try and find the woman who claimed his heart many years ago.

Liz Teeny is a lawyer and involved in a very high profile case where she is defending a single mother who got rape against a rich boy with parents that can buy off anyone. Liz r
Corrie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With new authors I like to do as little prep work as possible when picking up their books.  It gives me a clear mind and I am able to take the book at face value rather than the build up or let down from other readers.

When I finished Riverstorm I thought to myself this would make a great series and I had all kinds of people I was hoping would be next in the series.  Only to find out that Riverstorm is actually book 5 in The River Valley Series!  Where have I been!?!?!?

And now I will be busy goin
Stephenee
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading author Tess Thompson, but it will NOT be my last!! I loved this book, the characters, the author's writing style and most of all the locations that the author describes in this book! This is #5 in the series, but this is the first one that I have read and was able to jump right into it. I am always worried about books that are in a series, but this can truly be read as a stand alone and the reader will have no trouble at all starting here. Now that I know how good ...more
Books Laid Bare
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whilst this is most definitely part of a series, that didn’t mean that it wasn’t perfectly well equipped to stand alone and it read beautifully as singular body of work.
The trials and tribulations of Grant and Liz spanned a decade, the love they had experienced previously having dissipated when the pressure of real life flexed its muscle and tore them apart but with an opportunity to work together on a trial that will take both of their skillsets, do they have what it takes to leave the past beh
Gudrun
This book needs a good editor. My pet peeve are loose ends at the end and a faulty timeline. In this book a coherent timeline is crucial for the plot: (view spoiler) ...more
Amy Stephens
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I was pleasantly surprised by Riverstorm, the fifth book in the River Valley series by Tess Thompson. The author and this series is new to me, and I have to say that I'm so glad I gave this book a chance. I'll be completely honest, the cover did not attract me at all, and I really don't feel that it does this book justice. Again, it's my honest opinion, and had I not taken the chance and read the blurb, I would have completely passed this one by.

The author did a fantastic job with the character
Julianna Shields
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars for Riverstorm
I was given an advanced copy of Riverstorm by Tess Thompson in exchange for an honest review. This is the 5th book in the River Valley series. I thoroughly enjoyed getting lost in the story of a small Oregon town with the some new characters and some familiar ones.
Grant is a high powered attorney in LA. Although he is a highly successful attorney, he suffers from low self esteem stemming from his relationship with his father while he was growing up.
Lizzie is also a successf
Rebecca Austin
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a good story about 2nd chances and past mysteries.

It was interesting hearing from Grant and learning why he cheated on Liz in the past. Yet after his father dies and he finds the pictures everything begins to make sense. He loved Liz but truly felt like he was no good for her after growing up believing that he wasn't any good. He had a lot to do to make everything up to Liz for past mistakes but he was willing to do whatever it took.

Liz's story was very interesting as she was very clos
Melissa
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Book #5 in the River Valley series.  I have not read the other books in this series, but I want to.   This was about second chances.  If you were hurt by an ex, who did something awful, would you forgive him and give him a second chance?  I am not sure if I could, but there were some personal events that led to that awful thing.

Both Grant and Liz are dealing with their lives being overwhelmed so they go away, but not together.  They end up in the same town and both are dealing with famil
Tania's Book Blog
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
It wasn’t a bad story I was just confused and think that this second chance happened to quickly and it seemed a bit desperate but it was still a nice story. It had some emotional moments and very sad and angst past memories.

Liz and Grant dated for two years and hadn’t seen each other for 10 years until they started working together on a case. They were both successful attorneys and had moved on with their lives but they were only fooling themselves. They never stopped loving each other. Grant wa
Kathy
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

Riverstorm is the fifth installment in the River Valley series, and is the story of attorneys Grant and Lizzie. Ten years ago, they were very much in love, but one of them made a regrettable mistake. It is present day and they are thrown together on a big case and discover that those feelings from the past are resurfacing. When they find themselves both in River Valley, the little Oregon town begins to work its magic once again.

I want to move
Jodi Hunley Bird
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I loved this story. I loved the characters and all the events that lead Grant and Liz apart and the ones that brought them together. I just loved this story. We all have a time when we make a bad life choice, but it's what we make of those choices in the end that get us back on track. This is what happened for Grant and Liz.

Tess Thompson did an amazing job with the story. I'm honored I had the chance to read and review it. She did a great job mak
Sheila Schoenauer
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's nothing like a second chance with the one person you've always loved. Liz and Grant had that once in a life love 10 years ago. Then Grant's world got turned upside down and he made a choice that he has regretted this whole time. Now is his chance to get Liz back for good and he's not going to let anything get in his way. This was a lovely book to read. There was a little mystery and a little suspense. The love wasn't over dramatized so if you enjoy a heartfelt love without all the erotic ...more
Becky Wise
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the River Valley series. I fell in love from book one and can't put these down. Riverstorm follows true to previous books with the focus on family and a little added twist. I love the pull that this small town has to everyone. They all seem to heal and find their true place. Grant and Liz have a past. Both seeking something they didn't realize was missing. A beautiful second chance at love begins to unfold and everything seems clearer. When past meets future and a pull to River Valley a w ...more
Konny
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Riverstorm by Tess Thompson is the fifth installment in The River Valley Series.
Riverstorm can easily be read as a standalone.
The LA attorneys Grant Perry and Liz Teeny were in love, years ago. But fate tore them apart.
Now, 10 years later, they work together on a important trial.
Grant has demons that haunt him.
Liz is lonely, she devoted her life to her work. Now, both are back in River Valley and learn how to be happy again.

Meet old friends from previous books, read about great feelings, old gho
Kay
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-sex-scenes
This one, the 5th in the series, has it all: suspense (was it murder?), romance (ah, the exquisite tension of tantalizing romance), emotion (the characters feel things and we feel them doing it, family plots (gotta have secrets), and a couple of terrific twists. We see France from a distance and touch down in San Francisco for those Big World touches to the River Valley small town. The last 30% of the book sees the pace pick up to deep-breath levels, and the pages whiz fast. Good read … have tis ...more
Pauline
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although this was the first book by Tess Thompson that I have read, and some of the characters were unfamiliar to me, it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the story. Grant and Liz are college sweethearts, who went their separate ways after one of them makes a mistake. After going through a divorce, Grant wants to find the love he lost ten years previously. Now they are working on a big case together and realize that there is still a spark there. Grant wants to find the I loved this book and will defi ...more
Pat Welte
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone that likes romance with their mysteries
I loved this book, I was hooked at the first page. Tess Thompson has created a series and a town that feels like you're coming home as soon as you start reading. Her characters are the kind of people you would like to live near. They embrace new people that come to their town. I think we all wish we could live in this world and near this river.
Well done, Ms. Thompson. I received an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Chris
This book has mystery, crazy family secrets, second chance romance and some fun sexy times. The characters were interesting and I wanted to know all about their lives too. For not having read any other books in the series, I found it very easy to jump in and get lost in the story. I didn't feel like I missed anything by not reading others in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

Tess Thompson is a bestselling novelist of romantic suspense. She’s also a Zumba dancing queen, though the wearing of the crown is reserved for invitation-only appearances. Recently she’s participated in obstacle course races, the hardest of which was the Spartan Beast in Sun Peaks, British Columbia. It was an awful experience that will soon be included in a novel. There was running. And climbing
More about Tess Thompson

River Valley (5 books)
  • Riversong (River Valley, #1)
  • Riverbend (River Valley, #2)
  • Riverstar (River Valley, #3)
  • Riversnow (River Valley #4)

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Letters (Rose Harbor #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Wingman (Alpha Male, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
  • The Last Move
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Turn, Right Direction (The Bourbon Street Boys, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Revealed to Him (Kerr Chronicles, #3)
  • I've Got Your Number
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet, #2)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Wild Swans
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Highland Surrender
  • Voyage of the Heart
  • Good Boy (WAGs, #1)
  • Even the Score
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Point of No Return (Kathleen Turner, #5)
  • 180 Seconds
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 8 Bodies is Enough (Body Movers, #8)
    $6.99 $2.49