Start by marking “Heart of Ash (Blood and Salt #2)” as Want to Read:
Heart of Ash (Blood and Salt #2)

Heart of Ash

(Blood and Salt #2)

Ash may have escaped the immortal-worshipping cult that killed her mother, but the love of her life is still under its thrall. Dane has been possessed by his diabolical ancestor Coronado, a man who's fabulously wealthy, dripping with fame, and the leader of Europe's most dangerous immortal network. Dane begs Ash to join him at Coronado's castle in Spain, and swears that hi ...more
Published February 20th 2018 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Ash, please sign up.

Nicole
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We're like a dissonant chord in the finale of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, begging for resolution. As long as we're apart, there will never be peace in the world...harmony." - pg 41 of Heart of Ash

Ash Larkin barely survived a year ago when she was caught in the crossroads of a cult's curse and tradition. Through her mother's sacrifice, she lived and evaded Katia's wrath but is is now an immortal. But because without darkness there can be no light, Ash's twin brother's blood can kill while her's
Jordan
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart of Ash is exactly the book I needed at the right time. As many of you know, my reading record this year has been staggered and less than stellar. In the past week, I have read 3 horrible ARCs and I was questioning what happened to YA. For every 20 books there may be 1 truly great one. When did this become the norm? It could be me. It could be that over the past year, I have changed and become too busy, but I think that it’s because of that I’m okay with passing over books that are not for ...more
Danielle
Heart of Ash is so much better than Blood and Salt. Honestly, I think a lot of the problems I had with the first book were actually plot points that helped build this sequel, so I'm not as bitter as I had been by the time I'd finished it. I'm so glad Kim Liggett finally gave us one too, because I was so much more invested in this book compared to its predecessor.
Hannah Michaels
I really didn't love this. When Blood and Salt first came out, I read it and savored it and took it into my heart like something that belonged there. This book didn't belong. It was rushed, the storyline was weak, and it felt like this book had absolutely nothing to do with the first one. The characters have the same names and some of the same history, but the first book was so full of authenticity and a genuine feel for the characters, and this book is like a half rate version of a follow up. E ...more
Lauren Watts
Feb 07, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read an ARC copy of this book so... maybe there's still a chance that it could get better? This book was bad.... physically painful for me to read. The timing was all over the place. Two pages to cover important plot points and way too many pages explaining stupid, unnecessary details. The characters were boring and one-dimensional and I found myself really not caring. It was like the bad parts of "The Fire Sermon" mixed with the bad parts of "New Moon". Do not recommend.
Marie
Dec 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What did I just read?

I don't know if Liggett was under a lot of pressure to write another book, if she had some other person who vaguely has a grasp of writing write this for her, or what happened, but this book is ridiculous.

Blood and Salt was vaguely passable, but this reads as a fanfiction sequel where everyone is rich, famous, and two-dimensional. BS was spooky and scary, whereas this book is just gore-rific and disturbing.

Dane is still unquestionably in love with Ashlyn for absolutely no r
Kim Friant
Heart of Ash did not live up to the standard Blood and Salt set. The first book was on a smaller, more intimate scale that held the tension really well. Then Heart of Ash turned it into a global conspiracy that just took away from the original story. Where Ash used to be a mature teen who had to deal with a lot of adult stuff and did it capably, she then turned into that annoying teen who flip flopped on every little thing and spent most of the book talking herself in and out of loving Dane. OMG ...more
Endine
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-series
This was a wonderful conclusion to this story. It had been s while since I read the first one, so I was worried that I would forget the characters or wouldn’t feel that same connection. I worried for nothing. I was immediately sucked into Ash and Dane’s story. I also thought the writing was incredible. It was filled with darkness and beautiful descriptions and some snarky banter. I loved this story. Highly recommended!
Alyssa (Books Take You Places)
A good ending to the series, I enjoyed the way all of the loose ends were tied up. I hate to be a critic but one thing I’d have enjoyed was an epilogue to see how our characters are dealing with the aftermath of things. I don’t think I fell into Heart of Ash as much as I did Blood and Salt but I still Enjoyed it immensely. Kim Liggett still remains on my “must read” author shelves.
Taylor Fenner
Dec 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 10% - This book felt like it was on a completely different planet than Blood and Salt and I found myself wondering, "have I missed something from book one? Am I forgetting the plot that much?" Nope, which Blood and Salt was amazing and a breeze to read, this book was nothing but confusion for me.
Nereida Luna
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart of Ash by Kim Ligget is really interesting, I enjoyed reading this book because it is all about fantasy, love, traveling, war, tension, and passion between the main characters Ash and Dane. I would recommend Heart of ash to all the people who like to read books of suspense, mystery, horror, and action, with romance at the same time. ...more
Karen Johnson
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved. Was great to see what happened to the characters I had grown to love in Blood & Salt. Enough twists and turns to keep me turning the pages and not wanting to put it down. A must-read!
Kat
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I actually read this book first and didn't read the first book, but it was still amazing! I thought that it was sorta slow, but that could be because I didn't read the first book so whatever. Anyways, the ending was dramatic and intense and I loved it. I definitely would recommend this series.
Jaime
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, so good. Worth the wait, for sure!
Alexis Stankewitz
This was interesting. While it had some quotable lines, I thought it was too short for my liking. The ending seemed rushed.
Morgan Lowry
Honestly not a huge fan of the writing style, it left out too many details which caused many scenes to be more confusing than anything else. but I enjoyed the story and its uniqueness overall.
Doree Weller
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A worthy sequel to Blood and Salt, this book kept me guessing right up until the satisfying ending.
Ashley
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wish
4.5/5
I do dishes this way to fast. everything about it was incredible. there was a tiny bit that felt like the pacing was off but other than that great story and a revisit of characters.

Full review can be found at https://librariumdream.blogspot.com/

Beware Spoilers Ahead Since This Is Book Two

Finished this one in just under a day. It was a shorter read but it was nice to go back and visit characters from the first book Blood and Salt. The pacing did feel a little off and it wasn't quite the sam
Kayla
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tova
Feb 04, 2017 marked it as delete-shelf  ·  review of another edition
Why must it be TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN tho? Regardless of release date I am excited and we have a title!
Jane Maddox
Jul 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Nick and June Were Here
  • Alien: Echo
  • The Killing Light (The Sacred Throne, #3)
  • The King's Questioner
  • Dreaming Darkly
  • The Ice-Maiden and Other Tales
  • The Tombs
  • Devils Unto Dust
  • Infinity Base (Omega City #3)
  • Legends of the Lost Causes (Legends of the Lost Causes, #1)
  • Teen Hyde (High School Horror Story, #2)
  • Shatter (Glitter, #2)
  • Freed by Flame and Storm (Bound by Blood and Sand, #2)
  • Behold the Bones (Beware the Wild, #2)
  • Return to the Dark House (Dark House, #2)
  • The Binding
  • Given to the Earth (Given Duet, #2)
  • The Storyteller (Sea of Ink and Gold, #3)

Kim Liggett, originally from the rural midwest, moved to New York City to pursue a career in the arts. She's the author of Blood and Salt, Heart of Ash, The Last Harvest (Bram Stoker Award Winner), The Unfortunates, and The Grace Year. Kim spends her free time studying tarot and scouring Manhattan for rare vials of perfume and the perfect egg white cocktail.

Blood and Salt (2 books)
  • Blood and Salt (Blood and Salt, #1)