Start by marking “Fresh Catch (Talbott’s Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fresh Catch (Talbott’s Cove, #1)

Fresh Catch

(Talbott’s Cove #1)

Take a vacation, they said. Get away from Silicon Valley's back-stabbing and power-grabbing. Recharge the innovative batteries. Unwind, then come back stronger than ever.

Instead, I got lost at sea and fell in love with an anti-social lobsterman.

There's one small issue:

Owen Bartlett doesn't know who I am. Who I really am.

~~

I don't like people.
I avoid small talk and soci
Published February 15th 2018 by Vesper Press

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Catch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Catch

Start your review of Fresh Catch (Talbott’s Cove, #1)
Shile
Finally giving up! I tried! I really did try! It is me not the book!

description

-I went into this one blind as always, hoping the audiobook was going to keep me company on my way to and from work. That hope failed miserable. The narration was not good at all.

-I should not be trusted with lots of Audible Credits, I keep making the wrong choices.

-The dialogue was off and I couldn’t feel the connection between the MCs.

-One of the MC is a Billionaire - And he is not a Cop/ FBI/PI/ Amateur Sleuth, He does not
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

This couple was a perfect example of opposites attract. First we have Owen who is a grumpy, simplistic, anti-social lobsterman who enjoys being alone. Then we have Cole who use to be the CEO of his billionaire business but has recently been given a lesser title because of his short temper. He was also given vacation time in hopes it would settle him down, but all he has accomplished is getting lost at sea. He's also managed to injure himself in the process. Luckily he got himself lost i
☆ Todd
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it

While I enjoyed this one well enough, it didn't totally blow me away.

There were some very sweet moments, but also some pretty cringe-worthy ones, like the "little prince" endearment (for a 34 y.o. Internet mogul / #TryingTooHard) and one truly heinous attempt at sexy banter.

I'm not sure I'll ever eat beef jerky again.
"I feel like I'm trapped in a dehydrator and turning into beef jerky."

"You'd make for some fine jerky,"
Owen said, laughing.

"As would you, Bartlett," I replied.

"I'd gnaw on
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio (3 stars) - The narrator for Cole’s character gets 2 stars. Great voice but the performance fell flat. The narrator for Owen gets 4 stars. Great voice, nice performance, but a bit stiff with the dialogue at times.

Story – 3.5 stars round up because the MCs were great

It had all the ingredients of a well-used recipe for a low-angst romance. Even though it lacked originality, it was still enjoyable.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I had a hard time getting into this book, and I can't really say why. The voices of the MCs just didn't ring authentic, and I wasn't convinced their connection was genuine.

One of the MCs hides his identity (wealthy entrepreneur) from the other for most of the story, which isn't my favorite plot device. I always dread the big revelation.

This is a safe story, relationship focused and sweet, with a picture-perfect HEA. I seem to be in the minority with my rating, and I think it's more to do with
Stacey is Sassy
It was OK...

A wee bit spoilery, please proceed with caution.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel a connection with this one. It was a little bit storyline, a wee bit the narration and a lot...I HATE RELATIONSHIPS THAT START WITH A SECRET!!!

Can't remember names but the tech genius guy is supposed to be this rude and obnoxious boss who has a reputation for insulting his employees. To me, and I think the narrator didn't help, he sounded like a spoilt kid. It was obvious from the very beginning that he shou
Ula'ndi Hart
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall book rating: 3
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I think I may have liked the “idea” of the story more than the story itself?

I liked the MC’s well enough. The story as well but it felt as if it’s not finished. There should have been more? You get to know them but only up to a point?

Owen really was an interesting character, though I have to admit his personality held a great deal of opposites to me? You get the idea that he is a thoughtful gruff guy. Someone who likes his black and white. Yet h
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️⭐️ 2.5 STARS ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I liked it overall.
I loved the premise of a secret romance, loved how both characters were complete opposite, the small town setting, the amicable banter between Owen and Cole.

I appreciated the tension between Owen and Cole at first, all the tiptoeing around their supposedly sexual orientations, the secret lust they shared about each other. I just couldn't connect with them as a couple once this bubble of lust bursted. Something went missing along the way.
Was it the lack
Malene
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Fresh Catch was great m/m romance and I did enjoy it but I also felt somewhat disappointed. The beginning was exciting and intense. The meeting between Cole and Owen had tension but for some reason it fizzled out. I enjoyed their bantering and them butting heads but as soon as they got intimate I felt only lust between them and no emotional connection whatsoever which was a shame.
Fresh Catch was my first book by this author and despite its minor flaws I would still read this author again.
AJ
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

This is a gorgeous love story! It’s quick read, but a beautiful m/m romance between two strong but very different men who you cannot help but love. With sizzling sexual tension, a wonderfully well-developed relationship and a great mix of sexy time and heartfelt emotion, this is a great read, and I loved it!

Kate’s fans will remember Owen Bartlett from a cameo in the Walsh series (view spoiler), and while I love t
Ivy Deluca
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joint review with Michelle on afterdarkbooklovers.com. But in the meantime...

description

I really enjoyed this tale of curmudgeonly love between Owen, crusty fisherman and Cole, internet royalty and hottie nerd.

#inspo #alsopretty

The biggest strength of this story is the buildup, the undeniable sexual tension between Cole and Owen that culminates in some spectacular love scenes. I mean, the sex is fantastic and does not shy away from the descriptive, but the emotional ties between Cole and Owen before they
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 15, 2018
Genre: M/M Romance
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Fresh Catch by Kate Canterbary is the first book in the Talbott's Cove series. Each book can be read as complete standalones as they are loosely connected and feature different couples. This one in particular is an M/M romance. I haven't read one in ages so I was really excited to dive into this one. Overall, it's a good book. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything that specifically stood out to me while reading that le
AussieMum
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Boom. Just fucking boom went my heart."
I wish I knew how to put gifs in my reviews because there would be a lot of *heart eyes* and *oh yeahs* and *happy sighs* as well as a boatload of *sexy bears* getting it on.

This book has bought me out of my "reading average books" funk. I loved the shit out of these two imperfect men who meet by accident and then create an odd and tentative kind of friendship and a safe space to be themselves before the sexual tension reaches atomic levels and they..
Jessica Alcazar
Okay, so WOW …. I’m in love with this author! My first read by her and I’m screaming where has she been all my life?! #forreal

If I tell you that reading this book was easy like Sunday morning would you understand what I mean? I hope so because I’m drawing a blank as to how to adequately tell you how easy this journey was to get lost in and adore. There isn’t one specific thing that I can point to that makes this story outstanding because it all does. This book I could not put down and I didn’t w
Chris
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
I quite enjoyed this ... the storyline has been done a few times but in saying that, it was sweet. Owen lived an almost hermit life in his cabin on the beach, knowing he would love a committed partner but realizing this was not in his plans. Cole was the IT billionaire who needed to escape life- took off on his yacht and then had a breakdown. Rescued by Owen, a connection was formed and a friendship developed. Of course time continues and this is a sweet romance so they hit it off and sparks fle ...more
Marion
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.50 Stars!
Kate Canterbary is a new to me author and I loved her writing. Fresh Catch is a great story filled with humour, wonderful characters, witty banter, light angst and hot sexy times! A perfect light read. Highly recommended.
Cami
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
It is probably just me but This was just "So So". It was my first book by this author, although I have many of her books on my TBR.

Maybe it was the audiobook that wasn't up to par for me but either way by the end I did really like this couple.

I will try the next book in this series since I have heard it is a good one.
Lisa
Wow!

Seriously...woooooow! I'll be over here in my Owen/Cole Love Bubble for the rest of eternity if anyone needs me.
Janja
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it

Basically, it's not a bad story at all, but for me too sterile at times, although sex scenes were quite hot.
Jodi
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At its heart, this book is a love story. It is the story of two people, who, despite coming from completely opposing walks of life- different coasts, financial strata, educational levels and beyond, and in spite of vastly different personality traits, interests and views about life in general, have found each other. And in spite of all the outside noise, and through all the internal debates, they manage to fall in love with not only each other's physical selves, but with all of the baggage and d ...more
Mae Wood
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Confession. This was my first male-male romance and it's fully in the romantic erotica camp. And it's also one of the most beautifully written stories I've come across. I enjoy romantic erotica from time to time, but sometimes I find the writing less than well-crafted. Fresh Catch creates a whole, rich world with virbrant characters who breathe and feel and long and hurt and love.

With books I adore, I often read them twice. First to swallow them down whole with great glee, and a second time to
Jess
I liked this! I've been having a hard time reading for the last week or so, so figured that trying something by an author that I almost always love and with a hero who has the profession of my romance reading heart (I don't get it either) was a good idea and it was. Definitely not out of my slump yet, but this helped.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
“My dick was pitching a tent that could comfortably sleep a family of four and their elderly beagle”

As a fan of Kate Canterbary’s Walsh family series I was expecting great writing and an amazing story and I was not disappointed. This story is definitely a top favorite story for me and will be on my reread list.
-6 Stars!!-

My full review:

Annery
***This is a combined review of Audio & the book***
I'm thinking it's more like 2.5 for the poor audio, but the story was holding at a respectable 3.5 when one of the MCs, Owen, did the stupid talk at around 90%, luckily it was brief, but the author seems to side with him. No. Just no. It'll have to be 3.00.

This book started out promising and then it just ... fizzled out? I dunno. The first half spent too much in the MCs heads, with a "is he gay?", "will they, won't they" inner monologues.

We als
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula, missy
Owen Bartlett's story was a long time coming after Erin and Nick's story in The Spire. For that reason I just about died the minute I finished this novel as Cole and Owen were everything I could have ever wanted and were even better than I could've imagined. Oh how I dreamed about the Lobster Boat captain and the man that would eventually capture his heart. I absolutely loved this novel as it had the standard wit and sarcasm of a Kate Canterbary novel along with the sweet love and passion we hav ...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Summer love was never meant for me. It wasn't mine to keep. I built sandcastle dreams and the tides washed them away every time.

There hasn’t been a book of Kate Canterbary’s that I haven’t adored. There hasn’t been a character written by her to whom I haven’t in some way—big or small—related. And there definitely hasn’t been anything quite like Fresh Catch.

Heartbreak

This book is different—not better, mind you—from what I’ve come to expect of Ms. Canterbary. And while, for some authors, that could spell t
Coco.V
Dec 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/25/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Instead, I got lost at sea and fell in love with an anti-social lobsterman.
There's one small issue:
Owen Bartlett doesn't know who I am. Who I really am.

I don't like people.
I avoid small talk and socializing, and I kick my companions out of bed before the sun rises.
No strings, no prom
Zuzu
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet story - I liked it a lot even though I wasn’t totally convinced of the MC’s connection.
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4.5 Sandcastle Dreaming CROWNS

What I always love about Kate Canterbary’s books is that she always gives readers a romance with heart. Even when we get to the steamier scenes, we still can feel the love and care between the two characters, and it makes me fall in love with her characters and stories every single time.

Owen and Cole are seemingly opposites in every capacity. Owen is a man who lives in relative isolation and spends his days catching lobster and pres
Sanaa
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

"Everyone wants to be snapped," Cole replied. "There's no one in the world who doesn't want it. We want it in different ways, at different times, but we still want it. Need it, even when we say we don't. We want to be accepted, cherished, adored. We want someone to recognize our messy, complicated souls, and love us for those messes and complications."

This book was adorable and exactly what I needed to read. I loved the setting of the story, the characters, little to no drama, an
Turning Pages At ...: Fresh Catch (M/M Buddy Read) by Kate Canterbary 33 21 Mar 13, 2018 09:55AM

• Score (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 1, #6)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Coming Home (Firsts and Forever #9)
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Stir, #1)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • When Harry Met Harry
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Finders Keepers
  • All I Believe (Firsts and Forever, #10)
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • Redemption by Fire (By Fire, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Football Sundae (Spruce Texas Romance, #1)
  • His Truth
  • The Distance (Firsts and Forever, #11)
  • Forget Me Not (The Unforgettable Duet #1)
  • Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)
  • Galaxies and Oceans
Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is a better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, ...more

Talbott’s Cove (4 books)
  • Hard Pressed (Talbott's Cove, #2)
  • Far Cry (Talbott's Cove, #3)
  • Rough Sketch (Talbott's Cove, #4)