Start by marking “FRAGMENTS: A Collection Of Short Stories” as Want to Read:
FRAGMENTS: A Collection Of Short Stories

FRAGMENTS: A Collection Of Short Stories

“I often painted fragments of things because it seemed to make my statement as well as or better than the whole could” - Georgia O'Keeffe.

A serial killer on the loose who chooses a particular day of the month to kill his victims; a strained father – son relationship, when the father returns home after being presumed dead; a girl who can go to any extent for her career and
ebook, First Edition, 76 pages
Published August 1st 2017 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about FRAGMENTS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FRAGMENTS

Chitra Iyer
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
FRAGMENTS: A Collection Of Short Stories by Janaki Nagaraj is a collection of some hard hitting and some seemingly unnatural stories, which are actually completely natural in our stranger-than-fiction world.

The book contains stories of people from various walks of life. Since there isn’t any one theme throughout the book, it becomes interesting as it piques the reader’s anticipation as to what to expect next. The writing style is simple but effective, offering glimpses into lives and circumstanc
Rubina
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I have mixed emotions regarding these short stories. Some of them etched in my mind making me think about them even after closing the book. The Homecoming and The Other Women In my Life are like Oh my god moments. The pathos and the pain in them made my skin crawl. While stories like Stree, Naked made me cry out for more. Ms. Nagaraj has a very strong connection with human emotions. She can bring out those emotions which most of us will overlook. I feel cheated as a reader that she wrote an anth ...more
Anugya Sinha
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Original Ideas, Lacks Intensity

Life is made up of big and small moments, rather memories that stay with us for a very long time. A collection of short stories is more or less similar to that. Different memories, different thoughts all woven in a string, together.

Fragments is the debut book of the author Janaki Nagaraj, it is a collection of 13 short stories that covers different aspects of life. The first story ‘The Ritual’ – a murder mystery is indeed a psychotic thriller. It has unexpected twi
Sadhuvi
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is a collection of short stories and each one belongs to different genre!! I feel all these stories are interesting to read..

I personally liked following stories - The Ritual,The homecoming,The last laugh,If you can't understand my silence,Stree,The other women in my life,I don't want to be an adult, sexy body, big boobs!!!

Author had covered various topics - murders,love between father and son,relationships, women empowerment and also about problems faced by women in this society!!

My r
Ranjana Hiresave
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great, easy, weekend read. It's a collection of women-centric stories, mostly. I loved the flow of the stories and Janaki has covered all the different aspects of life and not so common issues.
Each of the stories is unique bringing out different emotions!
Angela Peixoto
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great collection of short stories.
Aparna
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fragments is a debut book authored by Janaki Nagraj. It is a collection of short stories, stories which are influenced by real life experiences and day-to-day instances happening around us.

Fragments has suspense, mystery, horror, romance, exploration of relationships between father and son, a couple who wants to take their relation to next level, so on and so forth.

Some stories are emotional which brings tears like The Homecoming and If you can’t understand my silence. While Stree, Sexy body
Geeta Nair
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A motley collection of short stories that bring out the various facets of life and human emotions, ‘Fragments’ touches hearts and tickles the brain. Each story is a surprise and showcases the creative side of the storyteller beautifully.

While ‘The Ritual’ defied the ‘sleuth’ in me and caught me unawares by its unpredictable climax, ‘The Homecoming’ captured the agony of the disfigured soldier, father to a son who hates his very sight, well. One can’t help but empathize with both father and son g
Mayuri Nidigallu
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-2017
A book of short stories is like a box of treats, a different flavour surprising you each time. Which is why short stories are my favourite reads.

The Plot:
I was first attracted to Janaki Nagaraj’s book Fragments because of the gorgeous cover. It is stunning and intriguing and gave me a hint that the stories inside would be women-centric.

As I began reading I realized I had guessed right. 13 short stories, each in a different genre and most highlighting different facets of being a woman or womanho
Inderpreet Uppal
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
#FRAGMENTS has delved into the mind and the evil within. Men as well as women and finding space for women who make their own way around the limitations of the world. It is a short story collection by Janaki Nagaraj and each one has something different to say. A few stand out with the crisp endings and deep message that Janaki conveys effortlessly. I am sure that she is working on the next book and hope to read much more of her work.

The book starts simply with RITUAL, a story that explores the im
Ruchira Khanna
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Being a debut book from Janaki it started off with a bang! The topics of the stories are vivid, the narration is eloquent but as a reader I felt it fell short with regards to characterization and plot. A few of them ended too soon while there were some that needed a further twist to keep the reader engaged.

3.5/5
Ranjini
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightful collection of stories.

The author plays with every emotion - no conventional genre is chosen for her stories.
Women are protagonists in her stories - and all aspects of life and womanhood are touched upon.

Loved it and recommended to all.
Kavita
Feb 03, 2018
j a v i
marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2018

Janaki has been a blogger for more than 5 years now. An English Literature graduate from the Bangalore University, she started writing stories for various online groups and publications. She also writes poetry.
Apart from being a homemaker she is also a fitness enthusiast, marathon runner, an upcoming entrepreneur and now a self published Indie author.
She lives in Mumbai with her two grown up kids,