Start by marking “Levi (Leopard's Spots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Levi (Leopard's Spots, #1)

Levi (Leopard's Spots #1)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  1,017 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
FROM BESTSELLING GAY ROMANCE AUTHOR BAILEY BRADFORD

Book one in the Leopard's Spots series - newly edited version!

A run through the woods turned anything but typical when Levi found the one thing he never expected to find-his mate.

After a week spent in family reunion hell, Levi Travis is more than ready for a little break. But who knew shifting into a snow leopard and lopin
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition
Published September 12th 2017 by Pride Publishing (first published February 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Levi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Levi

Tam
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, canine-shifters
This was an okay read for me. Pretty typical shifter tropes with the mates, this one with a penchant for violent sex that ends in blood (that no one in the family seems to notice huge scabbed over scratches, punctures and bites on their arms, neck, etc, hmmm.) Lyndon is a cougar shifter on the run after someone seems to be stalking him, another cougar shifter. He comes across Levi in the woods (both in cat form) and they shift and have some sex then Lyndon runs leaving Levi a little emo about th ...more
Monique
DFN.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. There were too many typos and grammatical errors, it was getting on my nerves.

I just want to read a book that will own me, not a book that I'm bored and wanting to hurry up and finish just so I can read another one.
Apolishedreader
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shape-shifters
So, this was okay. Maybe 2.5 stars. It was difficult for me to get invested or stay interested. I actually started and stopped and restarted it several times over the last few weeks. It just didn't grab my attention.
There are so many characters that are introduced. I understand that this is the first book in a series, but there are just so. many. people. I couldn't keep anybody straight other than the MCs and Oscar, one of the brothers. Even then, when all the brothers are in the room they all
Daesy
Jacq
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never regret reading something that a least made me smile. Took me a minute to get into... But but the story line provided me with OMG sizzling HOT scenes . Bailey Bradford, can seriously write shifter stories well.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 today at Amazon US! 7/19/13!
adrienne
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: total-e-bound
interesting enough book but total crap copy editing: misspelled words, names left out, incorrectly used apostrophes... in fact, if anybody actually edited this book, i'd be shocked- and requesting their job. seems like this is common in bradford's books, & it's a shame b/c aside from that, they're decent quick reads.
Rachel Emily
Took me a while to get into the story, but about a third of the way through I really started liking Levi and his family. I do wish there had been a bit more attention to editing...words left out, names missing, little things that distracted me from the story. Other than that, I think this is a great new series and I look forward to more!
Amber
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-paranormal
Average shifter book with most of the normal stereotypes coming in. Pretty much cotton candy read that doesn't have much in the way of substance but at the same time is fun to read. I did like Levi's protective family and made a good contrast to Lyndon's family.
Purplegirl
I really enjoyed this shifter story. It was a slightly different take on the shifter genre because the cats didn't know much about their histories. On to the next one in the series.
Reflection
Hands up, I love shifter stories and especially male/male. The idea of a cougar and a snow leopard is enticing too. Therefore this book is a bit of a conundrum for me because I loved and loathed it in fairly equal measure.

It's the kind of story where I promised myself 'just one more chapter', I was intrigued about Lyndon's stalker, and whether Levi could actually live the relationship he fantasized about. These two aspects kept me reading to the end.

I also experienced a significant amount of eye
Evette
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I love shifter books. Love them. Love, love, love new takes on shifter lore! WIth Levi’s story we meet his family-very outspoken, loving and protective. The complete opposite of Lyndon and his family.
When they meet the attraction is immediate, yet not knowing their shifter history they doubt everything. They actually TALK to each other. Crazy, right?
Well written relationships, still needs some growth and fleshing out of their world but I am definitely along for the ride.
Melanie
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating. 4.25 stars

Levi Travis is feeling overwhelmed during his family's annual get together with the constant reminders of happy couples and families. A little time alone in the woods in his shifter form, a snow leopard, will shake off the last of the family reunion hell, or so he thinks.

Lyndon Hines is running from his past and a mysterious stalker that has tracked him through many states. The trucker who gave him a ride has left him by the highway tired and hungry. The woods bordering the roa
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This story throws every single popular shifter trope into one short novel. There is insta attraction between fated mates when Leopard shifter Levi first sees cougar shifter Lyndon on his property. Then there’s the super rough sex which pushes the boundaries between kinky and violent. And don’t forget the extended shifter family’s comfort with nudity, loud sex and semi public sexual encounters.

I enjoyed the mystery of Lyndon’s
Avid Reader
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Levi (Leopard's Spots #1) by Bailey Bradford
4 stars
M/M Shifter Romance
Triggers: Stalking
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Lyndon is on the run. He's been running for so long, but he has never had a reason to stay anywhere for long. And, with someone hunting him through states, he has to keep moving. Lyndon is a cougar shifter and even though their kind tend to be loners, Lyndon is truly alone in the world. His father threw him out and his mother died, so Lyndon believes
Christy
Lions and tigers and leopards and cougars, oh my! Oh wait, no lions and tigers but a whole lot of snow leopards and cougars. I adore shifter stories and wolves and cats are usually my favorites so it was obvious that I was going to like the storyline in this first book of the 'Leopard Spots' series by Bailey Bradford. My curiosity was whet when I realized that this world created by the author is one where these shifters have none to very little knowledge of other shifters or even their own type ...more
Julesmarie
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, shifters

This has the most effective (or perhaps just closest to what I imagine it to be) description of the initial pull of shifter mates toward each other that I've yet found. And I loved that both Levi and Lyndon (after the initial freak-out, anyway) actually TALK about what they're feeling and what they're both going through.

My favorite was when they run into each other in town, and are headed back to Lyndon's hotel room. When they scent the other cougar, Lyndon starts getting all alpha and
Melanie~~
I liked a lot about this story. I liked the characters and the mystery/story conflict. I liked that it is part of a series that currently has 6 books. It would have been an easy 4-star book if not for a few inconsistencies that came up multiple times.

The worst offender was when the narrator/author mentioned one of the main character's dad when it was clear--because Dad isn't a shifter, Mom is--that it should have referenced the character's mom. This happened no less than three times, possibly mo
Asteropê
Random comment on a plot point:
(view spoiler)
Candice
I liked this. I did. BUT, I did NOT like how neither Levi nor Lyndon knew about other shifters. What do I mean? (view spoiler) ...more
Jane (PS)
Dec 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
2.5 stars.

I liked the characters and the plot but (don't hit me) I was pretty bored with the sex scenes. This is becoming a common problem for me - I LOVE plot but the long sex scenes have me tuning out.

As other reviews have pointed out, there were some glaring editing/writing errors as well - but I'll leave those errors to be pointed out in the other reviews :)
Meggie
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a change interesting shifters story. Both main character, Levi and Lyndon, were good soul mated pair. I liked the atmosphere between them. That need to see each other again and feel this pulling attraction, was well written into the story. I liked Levis family, sure the storyline was simple with nothing freshness in it, but hey it was good promising new series.
Sabi
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shapeshifters
I really like this books. When I read the blurb did not call to me, but then I decided to give it a try, as a like the author a lot, and it did not disappointed me. Nice story. I look forward to read Oscar's story
Madeleine
A lovely read with wonderful characters!

...omg, there's already 7 more in the series? Yay!
Robin L
Jan 14, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This felt very juvenile to me, except the very detailed sex scenes. It was an uncomfortable combination.
Angela
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars

Levi is the first book in the Leopard's Spots series by Bailey Bradford. A highly entertaining, suspenseful M/M romance that you won't want to miss! With a unique storyline, complex characters, humor, witty banter, steamy sexual encounters, and intriguing twists, this story will have you turning the pages faster to see what happens next. A great start to what could be a fantastic series!

Lyndon Hines didn't have the best childhood living with his mentally ill mother, but after she pas
Debbie
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book.

After a week of family 'fun' Levi needs his run, to let off steam. When he finds himself under a cougar, Levi finds himself fulfilling some deep fantasy. But when done, the MAN, Lyndon, runs away and Levi is left bereft. Running is all Lyndon has done for some time. Maybe, he'll stick around town for Levi. But Lyndon's past follows and soon, Levi is put in danger and Lyndon will fight for his mate.

I have a soft spot for
Carrie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This sexy and suspenseful paranormal romance gave a great introduction to the world of cat shifters and their hunt for a mate.

Levi is the dutiful son, hosting his family reunion with a smile while he secretly longs for some more personal companionship. Being a larger guy has made it hard for him to find what he needs in a mate and in the bedroom. A chance encounter with a cougar shifter suddenly shows him how great a perfect match this stranger could be. If only he had stuck around to cuddle, ma
L. Layale
This is a netgalley review. I wish I could say that I liked it, but when a story isn't really a story there's not much you can do to actually like it. Lyndon has been on the run from an unknown shifter for months. One his most recent attempt to hide he stumbles upon Levi, his mate.

The two of them are attracted to each other at the most primal level. This story is just mostly a one-handed read because the sex scenes are just that hot, but that's all the story has for it because its very much an
Sierra
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifters, kindle
There were several things I really didn't like about this story, despite a mild enjoyment of it. First of all, forget the cover. The characters are over six feet tall and 200 pounds with plenty of body hair (not quite bears but on the verge), nothing like the sleek, smooth pics on the cover. The next thing that turned me off was the sex itself. It's rough and violent with deep bites and serious clawings--ick! I also thought the family needed some boundaries. Everyone felt free to walk right into ...more
  • Nature of the Beast (Outside the City #1)
  • Talan's Treasure (Supernatural Mates #5)
  • Called to Mate (Pack Mates #1)
  • Chuffed (Finnshifters, #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Riley's Regret (Lost Shifters #11)
  • Psychic Moon (The Shifters #1)
  • Kelan's Pursuit (Shifters' Haven #3)
  • Blood of a Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings #10)
  • Unexpected Demands (Hidden Wolves, #2)
  • Mutegi's Sweet One (Kontra's Menagerie #1)
  • Shy Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #3)
  • His Hearth (Warder #1)
A few things about me...

I am a married mom of four who spends most of the day writing, either on stories or at the blog. I love to write as much as I love to read. I am generally quiet and laid back, choosing to let things slide off me rather than stick and irritate me.

And it's really hard trying to think of descriptives for myself, so I'll just let y'all e-mail me or comment at the blog if there'
More about Bailey Bradford...

Leopard's Spots (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Oscar (Leopard's Spots #2)
  • Timothy (Leopard's Spots #3)
  • Isaiah  (Leopard's Spots #4)
  • Gilbert (Leopard's Spots #5)
  • Esau (Leopard's Spots #6)
  • Sullivan (Leopard's Spots #7)
  • Wesley (Leopard's Spots #8)
  • Nischal (Leopard's Spots #9)
  • Justice (Leopard's Spots #10)
  • Sabin (Leopard's Spots #11)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)