Start by marking “True Shifter (Totem, #9)” as Want to Read:
True Shifter (Totem, #9)

True Shifter (Totem #9)

4.91  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Three sisters, seven totems, one chance to save the world.

Saskia Dorn can't bear to lose anyone else. But when the only man she's ever loved turns his back on her, she runs off to sacrifice herself to the totem quest.

With a disgusting kiss, a dying house spirit grants her the power to shift into any creature. Yet she has neither the time to train nor the imagination to uti
Published August 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about True Shifter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Shifter

Cherie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carpenter and bear shifter Saskia Dorn must whittle a better plan if her sisters, their boyfriends, her boyfriend, and she have a chance to retrieve the final totem tokens and save all the shifters in the world in Christine Rains' True Shifter. This final novella in the Totem series is amazing with its fast-paced action and heartbreaking suspense. Saskia grows so much during the story, and she proves the salmon token chose wisely. Rains upped the challenges our heroes would face and found a way ...more
Linda
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
True Shifter (TOTEM Book 9) by Christine Rains

“True Shifter,” as far as I know, is the finale of the TOTEM series. And it packs a wallop! The tension and suspense ran high all through this novella. Saskia is faced with many challenges and conflicts, she’s intelligent and approached things in a logical manner. However, she is hard-headed, and still carries some insecurities. Watching her navigate the mysteries they are faced with to gain the remaining tokens is well written and enthralling.

Family
Valerie Crosby
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totem tokens

The Totem series has been one of the best shifter series I have read . Christine did a wonderful job tying together ,family, duty and responsibility.
Christine Rains
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the final book in the Totem series, and I couldn't be more excited about it. I peel back the edges of Saskia further and delve deeper into Sedge. And the ending! Oh my. This is my favorite ending I've ever written. It came together beautifully.
T.F.
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic ending to a heart-wrenching series. True Shifter follows Saskia and her journey to get the last totem. No pressure at all, just that the fate of every shifter in the world depends on her finding it for their survival. And Christine Rains doesn’t make it easy for Saskia either. I won’t give anything away, but I loved loved loved this ending. It packed a punch with emotions, family ties, and suspenseful tension. I can’t rave enough about this Urban Fantasy series and the perilous chall ...more
Yolanda Renee
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read and enjoyed all the Totem tales, and I’ve loved, and I do mean loved the entire series! But this final episode brought the story full circle.

There are some somber moments and some truly beautiful ones. Well done, Ms. Rains! I had my heart in my throat wondering what the cost would be for these amazing and brave young women!

Alaska has always been my favorite place on earth and learning the mythology only added to the attraction. Well researched and beautifully told this is a series wel
JodyL
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The end

This is the final book. We have a showdown with Azarius, or rather, a couple of them. The totem comes together to save all shifters. The end is bittersweet because we have a HEA but I will miss the characters especially Kinsey and all of the guys. They are what made this series great in my opinion. I truly recommend reading this whole series. And now there is no waiting on the next book, you can read it all at once.
Sherry Ellis
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this final installment of the Shape-Shifter series, Saskia completes her journey to retrieve the final totem, thereby saving the world of the shape-shifters. But it isn't easy. Full of fast-paced action and suspense, readers will wonder if Saskia and her family will succeed on their mission or lose their lives in the process. This is an excellent end to a well-written urban fantasy series. Recommended for those who enjoy urban fantasy.
Renay
Michelle Butterly
Nancy Salsi
Ellen
Aug 29, 2017
Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. When she's not playing games with her son, she's playing games with her friends. She has four degrees which do not help at all with motherhood but make her a great Jeopardy player.

Christine has one novel and several novellas and short stories published. She's the author of The 13th Floor and Totem series. She is a member of Untethered Realms and
More about Christine Rains

Totem (9 books)
  • Dark Dawning (Totem, #1)
  • Silent Whispers (Totem, #2)
  • Cloak of Snow (Totem, #3)
  • Shattered Spirit (Totem, #4)
  • Ghost Cat (Totem, #5)
  • Deep Current (Totem, #6)
  • Shadows Fall (Totem, #7)
  • Descending Moon (Totem, #8)