Start by marking “Face in the Crowd” as Want to Read:
Face in the Crowd

Face in the Crowd

Jace DeLand is just tired. Tired of the groupies, the groping, the propositions. Tired of everything. Jace is the rhythm guitarist for Soul Harbor, a band who has been on a successful 20-year run and shows no signs of slowing down. Despite the success, something is missing. All of his other bandmates have gotten married and settled down, and he is tired of waiting patientl ...more
Published August 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Face in the Crowd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face in the Crowd

Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Rockstar romance: Story was ok but characters and timeline were unrealistic.

This story is about Jace DeLand, a Rockstar who has been on top of the charts for over 20 years and is getting sick of the road life, being hassled by groupies wanting one night with him due to his bad boy reputation that the tabloids keep up even thou he hasn’t actually lived that life in over ten years. All his band-mates are married and bring their wives on the tour busses, and Jace is lonely.

Jace’s character gets so
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, romance
This is a great book that quickly drew me in and kept me turning the pages. I enjoyed these characters and that the author chose to have a more mature rock band versus a fresh faced young men, it was a refreshing change. I enjoyed following along these characters journey. I laughed, cried, and laughed again. An enjoyable book.
Mona williams
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was a really great book! i just felt it was a little to rushed. he is a rock star for years now and tired of all the groupies throwing themselves at him. than he meets her one night and wants her forever in his life. can they make this work? read to find out.
Liz
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I really must stop one clicking on rock star romance books with great covers. I had really high hopes for this book but man alive they were dashed.

Two stars have been awarded purely for the fact that it was a rock star romance and that I finished the whole thing. In principal it had everything that I should adore but the execution was shockingly poor.

Things I didn't enjoy in the book. Firstly, the style of writing was odd. The dialogue seemed to be between two young teens who had somehow reappea
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Writing this review I'm so torn on how to rate it.
The story and concept idea is good. It's actually one of the better rockstar romances I've read. Trust me, there's a reason I don't like that sub-genre, but this was a good one.
So... What turned me off from the story? I guess it's the way the author chose to write and portray these characters. The characters are suppose to be in their 40's (at least the main character's ages are in their 40's) but I assume since the band had been together for 20
Patricia
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 out of 5 stars
What do you do when you are the rhythm guitarist of a successful band and the only single guy left in the band . That is what Jace DeLand is going through , he is tired of the one night stands and the groupies trying to grope him all the time . Until the night he sees her in the crowd the one woman that could be the one . Laney Mason is the one who Jace thinks could be the one that he has been waiting for . Will they find their ever after
I must say the characters are cool ch
Vickie Chaisson
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Face in the Crowd is not your normal rock band novel. This band has been together for over 20 years and most of the members are married. Jace Deland is the last hold out and he is so tired of the same old grind. He wants to find his one true love but at over 40 as the bad boy of rock how do get past all the bad impressions you have made throughout the years. As Jace falls into a depression he meets Laney who is fresh, and innocent. The problems they meet with all the screaming fans and her insec ...more
Karen Galloway
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Super, Enjoyable Romance

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book. I really enjoyed reading “Face in the Crowd” from J. C. Layne. It is a really well written Rockstar book with a great, interesting storyline. The lovely, engaging characters have great chemistry and interaction that pulled me into their story. This is an Entertaining, Must Read Romance that I really loved reading from beginning to end
Lisa H
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At first, when rocker Jace DeLand sees Laney Mason in the crowd, he knows she’s the one. As the last of his band to partner up, he was still searching for that face in the crowd.
He’s all in from the get go.

But can they make it work with him on tour? Because Laney does have a job and bills to pay.

Awfully sweet and a side helping of steam.
Recommend.

Alyne Hart
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this novel from the author, and I was so excited to read it! I do love a good rock star novel.
I found this one to be very well written and well paced as well as a highly enjoyable read! I really enjoyed the interactions between Jace and his bandmates - and I also really liked that he wasn't just a fresh-faced kid, he was mature and had gotten a lot of the "rockstar" stuff out of his system by the time he meets Laney.
I look forward to reading more from JC Layne!
Amanda Campbell
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author. And I really liked it. It was a fun easy read that had some great laugh out loud moments, some impactful emotional moments and of course sexy moments. I really enjoyed the writing style and loved the band members that added to this story. I really wish the other characters had their own stories as well. Great read loved it.
Debbie
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartfelt story. Jace and his band have been touring for 20 years and he is tired of being alone. While the others have found their partners Jace is still waiting.
One night Laney and her friend were at a concert and she met eyes with Jace and they just need to meet. Spending more time together strengthening their bond is great but what will happen when Laney has to go home?
Kayla Hawkins
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing,I love the story line and everything about it,it’s about music but I’m not going to give out to much details ,you will have to read it but u won’t be let down,this is absolutely a fantastic read!
Casey Leigh
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the idea behind Face in the Crowd but found the storyline like a roller coaster with many a high and low in terms of language used. Characters all had a great beginning and evolved together well, however I found something about the book not completely satisfying.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
It was a sweet whirlwind instalove/lust romance. The story was intense, fast paced and emotional. I had a hard time connecting with the characters and getting into the story so for me it was just okay.
Ronald Andrzejewski
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful Novella,can keep you locked into the story,hard to put down with good characters. I really enjoyed reading the novella.
Kayla  Hawkins
Feb 24, 2018
JC Layne
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Melissa Pundsack